• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JS's Text Typing and Binding Sample

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a really simple sample . I didn't see it any where so I planned to make a basic one >.>
Features :
-You can type -type to get a text that becomes being longer every 0.08 or press ESC to bind it.
Pros :
- Can be used in campaigns' quests..
Cons :
-Still doesn't support colors >.<

Keywords:
bind, text, letter, typing, sample.
Contents

Letter Typing Sample (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 01:09, 21st Aug 2013 Maker: Make it MUI and more configurable

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

01:09, 21st Aug 2013
Maker: Make it MUI and more configurable

looks pretty neat, a bit too simple and unfinished to be approved though - currently it's hardcoded to use the 1st entry, should be variables for which "line" is currently active, and what's exactly the purpose of the "bind" thing?
all I got from it was all I could assume was a bug (see attachment, note string was incomplete at the end as well after this)

needs a lot more work done on it - relative to the amount of work needed to make it that is, for something this size, needs either to be very good, "essential" in some way, or have a lot of other uses (not to mention a lot more documentation), also you should post the triggers in your description - is what I imagine the first poster was trying to get at.

Edit: arguably that timer should be configurable variable in an initialisation trigger first too

Attachments

• Figure1.png
    Figure1.png
    880.9 KB · Views: 166
well, we don't exactly approve "samples" we approve working systems and spells which are complete, just making this a bit more flexible would improve it a lot, and first versions are never a good reason for it to be incomplete - I direct you to the submission rules for why that is.

Just remeber to use the update button rather than a new resource, the idea does have a lot of potential.

Level 3
can you post the triggers as well?
we want to know the triggers.. it's not like all of us pick download as an option to see the triggers