• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ASF_Spellpack

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Anachron
Firstly, to put all points over i, the ASF stands for Aspard's Spell Factory. Definetily, it's our with Xiliger spellfactory, but the spells included into this spellpack have been created by me. I've to returned back to the spellmaking (and the spellfactory especially), since the summer is off and I have no time to go for a walk, drink etc, but still have some free time during the day. So, if you want to make a request - feel free to visit it. :)

Then, credits (I'm afraid to forget it. Nevermind, all the credits can be found in game or editor themselves):
Paladon: Knockback system, Units revival system.
NiddHogg-kun: ESC system, Tree revival system, Hero revival system.
Anitarf: IsTerrainWalkable library.

Special thanks to Deuterium: Just for his wise guideness through a number of obstacles and being my friend here :p

This spellpack consists of eleven spells on different theme plus two systems: Item Charge Stack System and Item Set Bonus System.

I won't even bother rewriting the description to all of them here, cause it's full of WarCraft 3 colors and I'll just get crazy and bored by removing all of this useless stuff. But here are the names of the spells: Meter Storm; Phantomer; Shining Barrier; Brutal Torment; Wisdom Priority; Fight Fire With Fire; Chaotic Field; Arrow Volley; Retaliation; Spike Ram and Focus Shot.

Feel free to leave comments and make suggestions, I'm always open to studying my own mistakes. I also appreciate any feedback: both positive and negative.

Of course v1.24 compatible.

07.09.09 - Released the spellpack
21.09.09 - Update: 2 new spells; 2 new systems; some slight improvements
24.09.09 - Fixed bug with Spike Ram and added a variable to determine if the unit should be paused or not during the Arrow Volley.

Spellpack requires JNGP since now!

Keywords:
Meteor, Fire, Stun, Impale, Nerubian, Spike, Swap, Barrier, Ice, Frost, Arrow, Explosion, Illusion, Clap
Contents

ASF_Spellpack (Map)

Reviews
09:18, 15th Jun 2010 Hanky: I found some points that should be improved: - never use waits like in Meteor Storm even if it's gui - you could improve the way you are indexing - instead of making an if-then-else for every level of an ability use a...

M

09:18, 15th Jun 2010
Hanky:
I found some points that should be improved:
- never use waits like in Meteor Storm even if it's gui
- you could improve the way you are indexing
- instead of making an if-then-else for every level of an ability use a formula
- the remove all units from CF_Group function in the Chaotic Field trigger is pretty senseless
- Retaliation isn't MUI/MPI
- you got leaks in the trigger Shining Barrier

That's all I found for now. When you have fixed those points message me or one of the other spell moderators.

Level 11
For the holy gods, don't ask me to post the triggers, I have RUSSIAN! WE, so each line for me is written in russian! After posting it here, it looks like #$#&*@$*)(#@$ etc... So I have to translate every line myself >< I can easily work with english version, but I don't have one and dunno where to get it.

And for arrow - I saw that, but I dunno why this happens, cause I set the facing angle right: from the position of the triggering unit to the position of the target point of ability being cast... Will experiment with it, maybe setting it the facing angle of the triggering unit can help. =\

EDIT: The problem isn't in the dummy unit (tryed both dummy.mdx and no model at all), neither in the trigger, cause even with making it ((Facing Angle of the (Triggering Unit)) - 90) it still works the same way.
Can it be caused by the usage of the "Attack Ground" (ballista, catapult etc) command? Maybe during it the missile model is spawned with facing angle of -90?

EDIT2: Updated it anyway, made the trigger with this spell more efficient.

Last edited:
Level 9
lol ur arrow hail does no dmg... i dont know how u managa to dont recognize that...

the trigger is so chaotic, that i cant see thru it, but i think its because u activate the "arrow valley loop" trigger before defining the regions.

what follows is, that no unit is ever maimed by the spell.

also from what i could see in the focus shot trigger: u create a dummy unit to save a point? why dont u just save the point as a variable?

didnt look @ all the other triggers, but i can say there is so much stuff in there wich is not needet... and im not talking of all the unneedet variables everyone making spells seems to be creating to make the spell easyier to modify (wich in my mind only makes the spells more complicated and harder to understand cause of all the strange variable names)

Level 22
baassee Documentation Masters Review

Review v.1

Spells

Phantomer

Checked out this one first thoght it's my request? :)

First I noticed, initial lagg aka first cast lagg, you really need to preload the stuff.
The arrow travels abit to fast for my taste but changeable ofc but I would reduce it.
Make more variables so you dont have to change it in the loop, can be disturbing, such as damage speed etc.
I really like the mentioning of selection of the hero in the loop good job.
Change casting unit to triggering unit, that's basic stuff ya know :)

Make the hero invurnable so it cant die while hidden.
Stopping the heros action would be nice to like just call order stop :)
Brutal Torment

I actually helped you with this one :) about the "one hit only" group HAHA ;)

Do not use integer A I'm sry to mention this so harschly but use my advice and dont :)
Skip casting unit use triggering.
Else as I commented in the other upload with this I really like it and it's very good.
will start like this, cause got some problems to solve now, will edit this in a new post when I got the time, keep it up asp

Level 11
First: The Arrow Volley DOES damage, don't disinform me and other community members. If you can't level it up to level 4 and try again - that's your problem. On the first level the damage is very low, about 20 per arrow, if I'm not mistaken, and each arrow makes damage only to units in 50 AoE! (Look at this number, !50!, e.g. Melee Attack range is 100!)

Second: And thanks for that variable, dunno why I've used it =\ Seems like I was afraid of leaking. Removed now. Updated!

And to baassee,
I was very fast trying to keep everything done, that forgot to change minor stuff of mine being a total novice. :D

EDIT: Updated again, fixed ALL the (Casting Unit)'s :D + Integer A in the Brutal Torment. Removed all of the unused variables from the editor.
EDIT2: And I have JNGP (Isn't JNGP's' the same?) Can somebody explain me how to make my triggers become english? :D

EDIT3: Made Phantomer much more customizable ;P

Last edited:
What the fuck? Why are spellpacks downloaded about 50th times the first day, and important systems like my AoS Move System just the same time in 4 days? Omg...

Where do we have to put all that spellpacks into? xD

Imho, we need more serious systems that allows us to quickly generate maps with using alot of systems, not spellpacks for any ultra lame 0815 map. Sorry but 3 spellpacks in a row <.<

Level 11
I don't see any usage for the people making campaign, RPG or melee map of AoS Move System, but I see the usage of spells for them. Got it? The usage for the "specified" systems is much lower, cause it's just 1/10 of the total maps using them, but spells - everywhere. Including your AoS. ;)

Level 9
the arrow hail does NO DMG i did lvl it up to lvl 4 ANd i cast it 20 times on that ogres to be shure, and it did NEVER do dmg and NEVER maim one of em, the only thing was, that they were runnng arround somewhere, trying to attack the dummyunit i think, but im not sure.

if the ogres are not magic immune, the spell does not work correctly

Update: tested it at the trolls, and it did maim sometimes, but it did no dmg again.
also one time there were 10 units in the aoe and it started laggin very hard, for about 3 seconds.

Level 11
I still insist on that it works, try harder :)
Killed trolls at the beggining with about 10 shots of spell. Sometimes they start to run in random direction cause take damage from unknown (or invulnerable) source, e.g. dummy unit. ;) The damage is really small, you can just miss it at the beggining, try to attack w/o using prime attack, try this 5-6 times at level one, then check the units, their HP will be decreased by about ~50-60.

EDIT: And there was not Maim effect cause I just forgot to add an effect to the spell. :D
The armor was reduced, but there was no special effect or icon on it. Going to change and update it.

EDIT2: Wrong again. It just did 10 additional damage. But now works correctly.

Level 8
To Godslayer:
- tested the arrow it deals damage, only it's AOE is very low.
- tested the volley it also deals damage, but it is kinda low.

Now, as far as I can see the spells are good, and I like their effects :).
Didn't go through coding much, but I noticed that Fight fire with Fire, pulls corpses when knocking back. I guess you didn't did the Group Filter right :p.
All in all i really like this and I'm giving it 5/5.

Level 11
There are 20+4xLevel arrows, why do you exclude the situation when they all are shooted at one place? :)

This is a part of the spell, all it'll be a bit imbalanced for melee maps. But I'll create a variable giving a chance to change it. Thanks for that. :p

Level 11
I'd prefer taking any critique as an advice rather than separating good critique from harsh - I won't argue with anybody and get really useful advices ;)

Also I think that's the matter of tolerance and wisdom :)

Level 9
Sorry for beeing an lazy.. a**h**e, but how many levels is it on the spells? *beg for 5*

• Spell Group
  • Spell Group - Pick all Spells in (This Spell Pack)
    • Loop
      • If (Levels of Spells (Picked Spells) equal to 5
        • Then
          • Give player (Owner of this spell pack) reputation (reputation + 1)
        • Else
          • Fu*k player (Owner of this spell pack)

Level 11
All of the spells are multi-leveld which means you can change everything easily by just increasing the number of possible levels of the spell (e.g. DamageVariable = (50 x LevelOfAbility) - make as many levels, as you want :D) or you should change the numbers directly in the object editor (as for impale or some AoE damage)

And...
  • Fu*k player (Owned by this spellpack)
Don't you think, that it's a bit irritating for smb to be fuc*ed twice? :D
(I mean, maybe you meant "OwneR"? :) )

Level 9
All of the spells are multi-leveld which means you can change everything easily by just increasing the number of possible levels of the spell (e.g. DamageVariable = (50 x LevelOfAbility) - make as many levels, as you want :D) or you should change the numbers directly in the object editor (as for impale or some AoE damage)

And...
  • Fu*k player (Owned by this spellpack)
Don't you think, that it's a bit irritating for smb to be fuc*ed twice? :D
(I mean, maybe you meant "OwneR"? :) )

Shh..

And ok, ill see how it works, later..

EDIT:
Now its later.. Ehh..
Dont looks like i need this, sorry.

Else, i found a bug.. :)
Look the Image, its the spell for Gravelord where he moves thing..

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Level 11
Else, i found a bug.. :)
Look the Image, its the spell for Gravelord where he moves thing..
Hmm... I'm not sure this is possible to get if the point pathable or unpathable w/o using a custom script which I dunno, but I'll look into that ><

use SetUnitX/SetUnitY to prevent any collisions that may happen b/c CreateUnit takes in accout the units collision. looks really cool from screenshot )
And how can I then create a unit at this point? :) Custom script again? :)

Level 11
You don't even know how ugly it looks ><
Place this to lines into the code:

1) Just in settings, somewher after the Triggering Unit is set into variable:
  • Unit - Pause (AV_Owner[AV_Index[2]])
2) And then in the loop trigger at the very and, but before this line:
  • Set AV_Index[1] = (AV_Index[1] - 1)
Put this:
  • Unit - Continue (AV_Owner[AV_Index[3]])
That's all needed to pause the unit :)

Level 22
now, does it still play some sort of animation when paused? to be more precise, here's the situation:
You've probably seen Anarchianbedlam's Kronus Tank model in the model section, and it has both a flamethrower and a machinegun. Im using cluster missiles for the flamethrower, and im using this for the machinegun. The machinegun uses spell channel or something like that, and it needs to play whenever it casts...

Level 11
Interesting question... What about Cluster Rockets? Isn't it channeling at high levels?
The problem here goes with "AoE circle" during targeting the casting location, I can't think off of a better dummy spell, than this.