• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Want your spell in AtD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I am considering organizing a week long contest for the creation of a spell for the Mage of Nature hero in Against the Darkness. The spell could be in GUI or JASS (JESP) and fit the characteristics of the Mage.

This contest would involve creating a four level, non-ultimate spell to be given to the Mage of Nature hero in Against the Darkness' next release, replacing Energy Lightning (quite a boring and standard ability). The spell would need to fit his qualities of nature or animals and be fairly balanced and ready to go for game play. The reason that I am posting this here is because I would need to get publicity for the contest and also have help creating the format.

Rules

• No imported special effect or unit models
  • Must fit the qualities and characteristics of the Hunter
  • The spell must be multi-instanceable
  • Special effects must be timed (WEU) or destroyed appropriately.
  • Entries must include the attached map with the spell in it, tool-tips, and explanations of what the spell does and how to use it
  • Reward: Name credits in Against the Darkness
  • Contest would be 1 week long. No exceptions.
  • Winner will be decided by me, 1)ark_NiTe
Background Information

• Mage of Nature: Ranged hero, Intelligence based, Helpful offensive abilities.
  • The mage has many self-helping abilities which makes it a good hero if you are planning to play solo.
  • Has the second weakest attack damage, right behind the Medicine Doctor.
  • The forest is his home and he has many qualities that could allow for him to have potential control over aspects of nature.
  • A unique spell would involve using this quality of manipulating animal behavior.
  • Since this will be replacing the offensive spell "Energy Lightning", an offensive spell could give you an advantage in this competition.

Current Spells

• Energy Lightning (Under Review): Calls forth a cone of burning lightning to damage enemies.
  • Celestial Shield: An impenetrable shield surrounds the Mage, protecting him from all damage and spells for a set amount of time.
  • Serpentine Ward: Summons an immobile serpentine ward to attack the Mage's enemies. The ward is immune to magic.
  • Lunar Owls (Ultimate) Summons 10 Lunar Owls to attack near by enemy units. The owls will follows the Nature Mage
    around revealing invisible units and dealing the mage’s intelligence in damage.
The Mage of Nature
4v7lvu8.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
Well, first of all, I think you need to specify that it's the hunter hero...

Second, you need to consider his other techniques.

A damage booster, a wolf summoning, and an avatar-like spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.