• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Service!

Pick one!

• I need your voice for my project!

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Your voice is really cool!

Votes: 50 54.9%
  • You're alright.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
+Rep. The voice overs are great, they sound very professional. I too do voice overs.. for my own custom campaign. I've attached a few samples. Enjoy!!

1.Dreadlord should sound more infernal, maybe add some echo or something.
2.Pit Lord voice should be more growly.
3.Archimonde's voice should be deeper.
4.Illidan's voice is fine!
5.Raider's voice sounds like a villager. He should sound more self-confident.
6.Sound quality is bad. I mean, there's a LOT of background noise.

Your voice acting is ok, but there's a lot to improve. Hope this helps!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
+Rep. The voice overs are great, they sound very professional. I too do voice overs.. for my own custom campaign. I've attached a few samples. Enjoy!!
Yeaaaah... I'm glad to hear of others getting into this whole "voice acting" thing, but it's considered pretty bad taste to advertise yourself on someone else's "showcase/request" thread, dude. :<

Level 26
Yeaaaah... I'm glad to hear of others getting into this whole "voice acting" thing, but it's considered pretty bad taste to advertise yourself on someone else's "showcase/request" thread, dude. :<

Fixed.

Also, DivineArms. Taking a break? Because if you sent a email to those involved with requests to you; I never got one.
Updating the first post would be a good way to show everyone though. Hope your break ends soon. You're awesome at this.

Update for y'all. DivineArms was very nice to bring me in on this to form a little collaborative workshop! This allows for a more variety of voices for the community to make use of. DivineArms is damn talented in genuine voice acting, whereas I like to screw around with effects. :D

Here are several samples (mostly improv) of what I have to offer. Some samples require volume to be turned up.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s2v6nzxlqr4bj

Level 6
Guess this is my lucky day to stumble upon this, I like your voice quite much.
I need just a few lines, but could you try to do them in different tones? Like 3-4 per line.

´´ Not enough manpower. ``
´´ Not enough resource. ´´

In return you'll get credited in my project.

Guess this is my lucky day to stumble upon this, I like your voice quite much.
I need just a few lines, but could you try to do them in different tones? Like 3-4 per line.

´´ Not enough manpower. ``
´´ Not enough resource. ´´

In return you'll get credited in my project.

There we go. Now, as far as I know .wav is of higher quality than .mp3, but the filesize tends to be larger. If you like what you hear and want a lower filesize, I can export them to .mp3 instead (I don't imagine there would be a noticeable quality difference). Feel free to have DivineArms have a go at it as you may (will probably) like his samples better. :D

Also, not sure if you put a typo with "resource", but actually meant it to be plural. In that case, I have a plural version done if you want that instead.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3a83p3smbtofze3

Level 6
I'll prefer the usage of mp3 files, even if it means lesser quality.
And yes, it was a typo but it doesn't need to be changed.

Can you try to redo the Manpower samples? The first one in Resource is above everything else.

Level 26
Do you still take voice acting requests? ;D

Here's a guide for future reference;
Instructions for Replacing Exitsting Unit or Event Sounds:

-- Sounds must be formatted Mono, 22kHz, 16bit, .wav
-- To replace unit sounds, open the Sound Editor within the World Editor
-- Find the sound you want to replace in the left pane, right-click it, and choose Replace Internal Sound
-- Browse to the new sound file you want, and open it.
-- Play it within the Sound Editor to double-check that it works

Instructions for Using Custom Music:

-- Music must be formatted Stereo, 44kHz, .mp3
-- Replace music the same way you replace sounds
-- Use music in a map the same way you do sounds

Converted the files you sent me to mono and they work, although not as mp3.

Last edited:
Level 6
Why not host a website of your own to promote your works?

I think you are good enough for a real commercial job!

Are you fluid in editing your voices?

I think that might be a cool skill to posses as a voice actor! :grin:

Perhaps. I've always really wanted to voice act for a living, though I never really felt like I could make it.

Right now as a hobby, I'm sitting pretty happy and I adore helping other peeps with their maps. It always bothered me whenever I hear substandard and just plain terrible voice acting in cinematics, rpgs, and etc. Not that there aren't any good voice actors out there because there are. (The attention I get is also a great plus since I live off of compliments xP)

Editing audio is definitely a must for a good voice actor I believe. I've gotten pretty good over the years, but it's still a learning experience!

Level 15
You have excellent vocal quality! Wouldn't be surprised to see you land some gigs voice acting for games. :smile:

Level 16
I have so much free time now guys, get your requests in now so I can do something in my pathetic summer break :/

Though not a job, I wanted to hear you to try doing voices that requires voice alteration. (For example, Nocturne from League.)

I think that would be a fun challenge!

Or perhaps, a narrative with accents that you are not familiar of!

For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBqttP33Y4A (British) or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RTkUgov60g (???)

Or perhaps, do some iconic voices! like Snake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seuq0haB43g&feature=player_detailpage#t=190

Sounds fun?

Man those are totally awesome!

I'm currently starting a project of implementing voice-acting in an external sound-library for Gaias Retaliation, a Director's Cut project here on hive:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/gaias-retaliation-orpg-649/voice-acting-267502/#post2703938

Maybe you are willing to speak some lines for me? Either for one of the character classes in the game, or for some of the major quest NPCs in the game. Whatever you are more interested in.

I could imagine making good use of your dwarf or soldier personifications. :)
Just write me a message and I'll explain the details, if you're interested!

Level 6
Those are really good. How much of that is voice modulation in a program, and how much is just SHEER TALENT?

Nearly no edits on this one. The only change I made was lowering the knight's pitch by 3% and mixing the 2 ogre voices together since I obviously can't do 2 voices on one take 0_0

What I've discovered is that I'm pretty good at goblins and dwarves for some reason. Midgets ftw!

Roland

R

Roland

@ DivineArms: Your voice sounds decent at all, Fitting to the unit's vocal set. If I were you the quickest way to record your voice is to use Vocaroo
It's the fastest way and the easiest way to upload your voice. But I'm just suggesting you to use it :cgrin: Anyway, Keep up the great work.
http://vocaroo.com/

You sound great!!! The work on the cinematics is what led me here. I never really make maps that require voice acting but I know many people do. I had one idea for a way you could create resources since mostly you only get to put your voice in other people's projects. There has been talk of alternate forum types, an OE spell section etc. I made a character template for Invoker to go with a skin and some icons I made. Currently there is no forum for this. Alone, it is not enough to submit to the map forum, but if it had a whole cast of characters, that would be worthy. My Invoker voice was borrowed from the actual Dota2 sounds, but have original voice acting is so much cooler. Anyway, it's just a thought. Nice stuff you got here!

Status
Not open for further replies.