• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My fail fail fail songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
New: Added some random voicings for fun xD sorry for the random breaks though inbetween.
Contains Explicit language===

Well here are some of my fail fail songs. Please put on your ear muffs remove all windows as they may break and be prepared for an earsplitting ride. Enjoy

! Note if it says WIp it still needs to be completed. But guess you knew that anyway >.<

Criticism is needed so please feel free to do any of the following:

Rage
Scream
Flame
Give some nice techinical advice
Give constructive critism
Give your oppinion
Tell me its shit and that i shouldn't be wasting my life like this.
Tell me that I'm Shit and i don't have a life anyway so who cares if i waste it on this.

Well have Fun :thumbs_down:

Also any half decent ones shall have a youtube link :O
since there actually half worth mentioning :(

Side note:
Bounce bounce Wip = Sounds nothing like the name :L
Sunset still needs a bridge from B back to A :(
Bleh minimalism - - Wip

Attachments

• Bleh final wip mpe.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 146
  • Bleh Techno Mp3.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 138
  • Bounce bounce.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 116
  • Sunset2.0.mp3
    4.2 MB · Views: 93
  • BLEH MINAMILISM.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • Intro song.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
  • Another Random song.mp3
    396 KB · Views: 108
  • Techno beats.mp3
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Another Random song.rar
    387.9 KB · Views: 96
  • lullaby.rar
    18 MB · Views: 133
  • Voicings.rar
    5.3 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 5
http://www.wma-mp3.org/

That aside, these aren't bad, and points for being predominately in minor keys. I like 1 and 6 the best. Particularly the first 35 seconds of 1 are beautiful, but after that the montony of the do-te-le-te bassline indeterminate-triad-thing starts setting in.

I'd play around with chords. Maybe write out a melody and then harmonize it separately, and mess around with this like circle of fifths progressions and deceptive cadences.

Level 2
wow i cant resist listening in this crappy song, lol just joking i kinda like the 1st one

Level 21
Well if I find them useful, do you mind if I use them? I'll give credit to you and I'll be sure to listen to them and tell you what I think of them.

Level 17
Welll thanks guys for the comments. And warlord sure you can use.
Also rerecording them at some point and adding some more songs.
Note i finally learned how to record. Apparantly i was meant to lift up the lid of the piano so it doesnt sound muffled >.<

Level 35
You have a good start on these songs but you use some very generic chord progressions with little development harmonic-wise. Listening to Jazz will expand your ears to sevenths, and dissonance, so that will definitely spice up your music. Also, your music, as peaceful as it is, is mostly, IMHO, background music. The melodies are very indistinct and sound much like improvisation. Who knows, you might get a lot further some day but all it takes is exposure to all kinds of music and assimilating the "flavor" of each genre.

Level 17
I do listen to jazz. Nightcore Techno Rock Classical music , Ochestrations, Digital Ochestrations (I.e Most of the soundtrack of "Rainy with a chance of meatballs"), Rock, Progressive rock, Era, Gregorian chant, Screamo, Heavy metal. (oh and diffrent world musics, i think thats it im not sure if thats all of em)
So i dont think thats the problem, Probs more cause i don't go looking up the diffrent types of music or studying them.

Thanks for advice though, i think i will try and include 7th's and Diminished chords, etc

Level 5
You have a good start on these songs but you use some very generic chord progressions with little development harmonic-wise. Listening to Jazz will expand your ears to sevenths, and dissonance, so that will definitely spice up your music. Also, your music, as peaceful as it is, is mostly, IMHO, background music. The melodies are very indistinct and sound much like improvisation. Who knows, you might get a lot further some day but all it takes is exposure to all kinds of music and assimilating the "flavor" of each genre.

maj7s or dominant 7s?

Level 5
He is reffering to dominant. Since "Jazz"

Also a nicer way to listen to dissonance=Serlism ... :L FTW woop

Dominant sevenths are classical. Major sevenths are not so much; IV7 is the only one you ever learn about, and you hardly ever see it.

Jazz uses lots of major sevenths. And ninths. And elevenths. And major seventh sharp eleventh omitted fifths. And, "Hey look a chord, let's throw in as many random notes as we can."

Level 17
Sorry i have a habit of starting something getting bored and doing something else unrelated.

I put them into software i use my schools software which is Logic + Sibelius.

However sometimes i use a keyboard to record the midi input and then quantise it since i fail at timing and rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.