• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Workshop kinda thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, may I request something, please ? I think it is quite easy.

1. Could you re-create the bell sound as exactly as possible, please ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o4CIiUnSwHg#t=3

There are more examples of the bell sound throughout the video, just wait a few seconds for a second example.

2. In the same video, could you re-create this kind of demon growl sound, please ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o4CIiUnSwHg#t=45

Note, the background theme should not be re-created, it can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1K3EIHGeNQ&index=72&list=PLvNp0Boas720V1KbmLwGUxSfaJs4410fb.

Both sounds are heard if the book in the video closes.

I would be very grateful if you could re-produce them :)

Level 19
Do you mean the church bell like bells? I can do it, but I may not be able to create the dragon demon's growling since I'm using musical instruments, but i will see what I can maybe it'll be so easy, just wait a few days :D

Just the bell and the growling right? Any other requests?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh, that's a great idea! :) I am sure they are there, too :)

Hahaha, be careful what you are saying ;D I might flood this workshop then to prevent you playing games

Level 19
After some time here's the WIP, it was hard for me to decide how to start, I still have some thoughts but let me hear what you think first :D

I thought of, starting calm then building the tension. The electronic sound at the end will evolve into a more musical way, then the rhythm will start, going with a more heavy and flowing effect.

Attachments

• Divergent ConflictsVer1.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 76

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Uh, I would like to hear it, but even with sounds full on and looping it there is nothing to hear :/

Level 19
Ahaha :D I've misread your comment and understood that you missed some of the things here in this thread :D There are a lot of artists and musicians on the Hive which is nice, we need people that are interested in these areas to keep them alive :D

And I'm glad you liked it!

Hey Rex, I'm uploading a new sample bcz I'm currently lost and I dont think the song is going well, I want to know your opinion before I go further in it.

After the chorus ends, the conflict part starts but I made it very short, if u want it to be longer just tell me.

After that Im gonna put a piano transition for the dramatic return of our heroes.

Attachments

• Divergent ConflictsVER3.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey Rex, I'm uploading a new sample bcz I'm currently lost and I dont think the song is going well, I want to know your opinion before I go further in it.
Sometimes it's better finish what you start and change as little as you can. If not make more versions of the same song. That's even better!
In this version (3) the strings and the orchestral percussion are too loud.

Level 19
maybe itll come out better as youve said, ive got too many ideas but it comes out as nothing on the workstation :/

Ive applied some equalizer effects on strings, to put them in front lines and make other instruments back them up by standing in the more behind lines, but yeah it seems the volume difference is too much. Thanks for feedbacking me tho, theres not much people on the music section :D

Level 19
Plugged my guitar amp directly to the mic input. Sounds sooooo baaad tho.
I wrote the drums and bass line in Fl studio exported to MP3 then I played it on Audacity and I hit record then played the guitar. Removed the white noise from audacity then I exported the guitar to FL again. And put so much filters and compressions in there resulting in this. Took me almost 2 hours :D

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
True, that. I only did two songs recording my classic guitar using an old PC microphone. Not even going to talk about the sound driver/board. Anyway, the thing is, the way around it is to add sufficient noise reduction and other instruments to take the hearer's ears off the messy part of the recording. I tried using digital distorsion (in the program I'm making music with) and the classic turned to rock.

Oh, and yeah, you are a stalker. And it's night here too.

Level 19
ahahaha :D that's what I just did with this one :D I reduced the noise but if it wasn't for the drums the guitar would not sound as good as this. I am still going to buy a external sound driver which I'm saying for months now :D But they're a bit expensive that's the problem.

Why did I choose this name in the beginning D: I don't stalk people :D I just created a random account to ask something in the first place but I started to like this place now here I am, standing with a nickname that doesn't represent me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.