• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RunicColossus.blp

Updates:
I understand the TC area was very small so I enlarged it as best as I could, sadly his shoulders give a lot of limitations.
More details on the face, shadows added under his chin and around the head to emphasize it.

A magical ancient avatar, warpainted and ready to become a living siege weapon for the Runic people.

---
My skins are a public resource but, please, credit me if you use them in your custom maps/campaigns/models/projects of all sort. Thank you.
Contents

RunicColossus.blp (Texture)

Reviews
18:08, 21st Jun 2014 Misha: well.. I just feel that his face is kinda getting 'melded together' with the rest of the texture, so it maybe could use a bit more defining there..? and shoulders maybe could use a bit more TC, if possible Changes made...

M

18:08, 21st Jun 2014
Misha: well.. I just feel that his face is kinda getting 'melded together' with the rest of the texture, so it maybe could use a bit more defining there..? and shoulders maybe could use a bit more TC, if possible

Changes made, resource approved :)

This is awesome, but one thing bothers me: Is there any teamcolor other than that stripe on the shoulder? If not, i suggest you make the stripe larger, or even make it a teamcolored crystal, just like the ones on the back.
Also, with all the detail put into this, the head doesn't really stand out and is kinda unnoticeable.
Otherwise, it is freaking amazing! GJ 5/5

Level 22
This is awesome, but one thing bothers me: Is there any teamcolor other than that stripe on the shoulder? If not, i suggest you make the stripe larger, or even make it a teamcolored crystal, just like the ones on the back.

The shoulder is the only tc area and it stretches way too much to draw something on it. Even the default unit has only an horrible and blurred symbol on it.

By the way, TC areas cannot be created on a skin.

The shoulder is the only tc area and it stretches way too much to draw something on it. Even the default unit has only an horrible and blurred symbol on it.

By the way, TC areas cannot be created on a skin.
Yeah, i know that, but my idea was to draw a new teamcolored crystal on his shoulder. It might look nice. Even if it doesn't perhaps you can make the rune bigger or something...
A nice trick i sometimes do, is to cover the whole skin in alpha just to see which faces can have team color and which ones can be alpha-ed out.
Keep it up :)

EDIT: I just checked, only the shoulders can have TC :/

Level 22
Yeah, i know that, but my idea was to draw a new teamcolored crystal on his shoulder. It might look nice. Even if it doesn't perhaps you can make the rune bigger or something...

As I said, when i draw something on the shoulder it blurs terribly, if you go just one pixel out that wedge-shaped rune i did, it will stretch. Maybe i can try with a series of notches to make it more visible, dunno, but i already tried to make something more noticeable but with ugly and low-res results.

Level 35
Might it be due time you started using that creative brain of yours again and
moved away from all these "Runic," albeit extraordinarily looking, skins, and onto
something a little more creatively mind-blowing like you should? >.>

Level 2
now that really look's cool I can see the small guy's running in terror all the way home