• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AutumnInAshenvale.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello all :) new member here.

Simple recolor of ashenvale trees - beautiful, simple, and fits perfectly in game (as is a recolor, like many things i will post). I have chosen NOT to lower file size significantly, as the skin really requires the detail.

While i realize many of you are capable of recoloring, many users just want a simple resource to grab up.

I have no interest in negativity. Keep it to yourselves.

Zalenn

Keywords:
tree, autumn, fall, ashenvale
Contents

AshenvaleAutumnTree (Texture)

Reviews
15:49, 24th Apr 2015 Kwaliti: Barely enough changes to warrant approval. Also, the file size is HUGE.

M

15:49, 24th Apr 2015
Kwaliti:

Barely enough changes to warrant approval. Also, the file size is HUGE.

Level 30
Welcome to the Hive.

Before anything else, I must point you towards the resource submission rules, or more specifically, skin submission rules, found here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/skin-submission-rules-230837/

...where it's stated that in order for a resource to be approved, submitted skin resources have to be at least 75% freehand work. Skin recolors may be accepted on a certain condition that the texture is of extreme usefulness.

With the huge, and I mean really HUGE database of Tree models we have here, I'm afraid a simple work like this isn't too useful. Besides, for a texture size of 250 kbs, one can grab around 5 or so of really HD tree models to use instead.

Oh, and one last thing, the preview image should indeed be a preview image - how the skin a ctually looks when it's wrapped on the model, ingame screeny, or some editor screeny - it will both do.

Level 13
Yeah what he said is right and must be done, anyway this actually looks nice and beautiful too. Although its huge kb's can be a burden.

StoPCampinGn00b edit: She*****

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Could be useful tho, you could make some more freehand changes to fulfil requirements of Hive.

Especially season themed maps would profit from this resource.

Level 30
Pardon my curiosity. Had to go and check it out lol.

It does look interesting, I must admit, and it fits really well to the Village Fall tiles, and doodads from the same set. The colors clash with each other, but it's still nice.

Have a cookie, at least, sir.

Attachments

• Preview of Treez.JPG
    Preview of Treez.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 263
Level 13
Pardon my curiosity. Had to go and check it out lol.

It does look interesting, I must admit, and it fits really well to the Village Fall tiles, and doodads from the same set. The colors clash with each other, but it's still nice.

Have a cookie, at least, sir.

Well if he did put at least 1 screeny, then we can see that it looks really beautiful.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well if he did put at least 1 screeny, then we can see that it looks really beautiful.

*Looking at attachment*

But true, would be better if he had a screenshot from the beginning on as I myself think the model looks beautiful, but also improvable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
I see he did a a pretty neat work there.

*Looking at attachment*

But true, would be better if he had a screenshot from the beginning on as I myself think the model looks beautiful, but also improvable.

He's new so he's bound to some improvements. But really, it is beautiful. There aren't many trees out there which can look beautiful without being too much weird or straying from the original WC style. It's charming.