• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RunicSniper.blp

Updates:
Added some shadows here n there.
Dunno if on the crotch area there was an unwanted subliminal image or it was simply bad. I modified it though it is a simple 4 pixel area stretched into a long triangle, so i wasn't able to do much.
The wrap of the face didn't allow me to paint complex warpaints, so i opted for more simple lines.
More details on the cape.

There was lack of ranged units in the runic army so i decided to fix this. She is not a Hero, i used the Shandris texture on purpose because she's listed as a normal unit and she doesn't have the heroic horrible-glowing aura. The sniper is meant to be a really quick moving ranged elite unit, with two type of attacks/skills (if someone want to stick to this idea): a fast and less precise attack and a "aim for the head" mode, made of slower but lethal arrow strikes, usefull to quickly kill or instakill lesser and weaker units.

I added freckles on her face, because yes.

---
My skins are a public resource but, please, credit me if you use them in your custom maps/campaigns/models/projects of all sort. Thank you.

Keywords:
shandris, elf, ranger, night, archer
Contents

RunicSniper.blp (Texture)

Reviews
18:06, 17th Jul 2014 Misha: something.. is really odd with her lower-waist/crotch area and does not exactly 'feel' that right.. Also, her blue warpaint on the lower cheeks and chin/neck also looks pretty odd oO could you try to tweak these...

M

18:06, 17th Jul 2014
Misha: something.. is really odd with her lower-waist/crotch area and does not exactly 'feel' that right.. Also, her blue warpaint on the lower cheeks and chin/neck also looks pretty odd oO could you try to tweak these?

Kwaliti: Changes made, approved.

Level 22
Good Job though.
Will you make your own map?
Also make pack!!!! :goblin_yeah:

EDIT: Will this overwrite arrow? or just make new?

Yes, the missile will remain the same, only the arrow of the model is overwritten.

Maybe i can make a map showing the techtree and all intended stuff.

The pack was my first idea, it will come when everything is finished.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Ooh, I like this one; and primarily due to the addition of freckles. My wife also has freckles, and they're pretty hot. :p

All that being said, like the others this is great. Good idea to skin the little-used Ranger model; I'm always surprised how few people use that.