• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soil(Dirt).blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I am more familiar with the Map Editor side but from time to time I also doodle something with Gimp and this time I actually finished something so I decided to share it.

Feedback and comments are welcome.

I know the filesize is huge and I have no idea how to reduce it so suggestions and tips are very welcome.

Changelog:
1. Uploaded
2. Optimized filesize

Keywords:
ground, natural, neutral, dirt, soil, nature, forest, dry
Contents

terrain, ground, dirt, soil, earth (Texture)

Reviews
07:12, 5th Feb 2016 ~Nightmare: The file size is rather too big and also you could change the preview picture as it doesn't look quite the same with the tileset itself. You could use BLPLab to optimize the file size. I'll set this to awaiting update...

M

07:12, 5th Feb 2016
~Nightmare: The file size is rather too big and also you could change the preview picture as it doesn't look quite the same with the tileset itself. You could use BLPLab to optimize the file size. I'll set this to awaiting update until you do some changes.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Nice, quite useful, but the preview picture is a bit misleading imo.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I think it shows night time, doesn't it ? Maybe switch to day time.

Well, I myself would take a template or create a little terrain using the tile, to show its great use.

By the way, maybe change its name to SoilDirt, it sounds more professional than 'terrain, ground, dirt, soil, earth'

I know the filesize is huge and I have no idea how to reduce it so suggestions and tips are very welcome.
It is indeed quite high for a tile.
You can use the BLP Lab to reduce its quality and to unbelievable reduce the file size without greater quality loss.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You reduce the file size by using the 'file format options' when converting.

Well, there is nothing wrong with having a HQ-Tile, but I would rather recommend to upload the LQ one and attach the HG to the first post of yours adding an information about it in the upload description.