• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WingedBlight.blp

Updates:
Since i conceived the head of this drake as a mask or an exposed skull I did not blend the transition with the neck. Furthermore, since the neck polygons are a replica of the chest polygons it will make very difficult to do such work, everything painted on the neck would have been copied on the chest. In the end I redefined the outlines of the face to give a clean and more visible split.

A little break from the all the runic texturing.

Dragons in WC3 are horrible, especially their derpy face and their unalphable rectangular teeth. Giving a little alien twist to the stiffness of the head was quite a challenge.

It will overwrite the Whelp texture too.
You can choose to overwrite other default dragons with similar texture (Black and Bronze dragons). Keep in mind to set the color values back to 255 in the Object Editor to display the tonalities correctly.

---
My skins are a public resource but, please, credit me if you use them in your custom maps/campaigns/models/projects of all sort. Thank you.

Keywords:
dragon, drake, undead, demon, demonic, creep, derpy dragons
Contents

WingedBlight.blp (Texture)

Reviews
17:44, 21st Jun 2014 Misha: as awesome as this creature is, i really think the transition between the head and the neck could have been better, especially on the whelp model, so, blend in that area a little bit so it flows a bit better, and it'll be...

M

17:44, 21st Jun 2014
Misha: as awesome as this creature is, i really think the transition between the head and the neck could have been better, especially on the whelp model, so, blend in that area a little bit so it flows a bit better, and it'll be good to go :)

well done, approved with flying colors :p a bit too bad that the drake wrap is so.. derpy