• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KnightOfOrder.blp

Yay, another skin from Oblivion! Idea, motivation and inspiration are from Oblivion's Knights of Order.
Knights of Order are unique daedra who serve the Daedric Prince Jyggalag. They are continuously spawned by Obelisks in the Shivering Isles by the mortal followers of Jyggalag known as Priests of Order. They are humanoid in shape, seemingly slightly taller than most humanoids, wear crystal armor and wield crystalline swords, which they seem to wield with great skill. According to Sheogorath and Haskill, the Knights, much like their Prince, do not have a single original thought in their heads, making them perfect soldiers of Order.

Refference picture

Give me credits in your map/campaign if you're about to use this skin! Thank you! :pcon:

Update Sunday, Nov 15, 20:45 - 2009
- whole face is now black
- less saturated

Keywords:
Knight, of, Order, Jyggalag, Shivering, Isles, isle, Oblivion, Sheogorath, Haskill, crystal, crystalline, warrior, minion, blue, cyan, white
Contents

Knight of Order (Texture)

Reviews
17:57, 16th Nov 2009 67chrome: One of the best footman re-skins I've seen :)

M

17:57, 16th Nov 2009
67chrome: One of the best footman re-skins I've seen :)

Level 34
though you should make the texture a bit more like the reference pic model texture.
I think that this was the best I could have done... in Oblivion, Knights of Order have their armor almost like a mirror, so you can see reflections. I think that's impossible in Wc3, even with modeling (tell me if I'm wrong).
his "face" is messy, just turn it black
Yeah, I could, but then one of his arms will become black (or both arms), too. Yeah... that's right... arm wrap is hidden inside his face... another wonderful wrap Blizzard... another wonderful wrap... >_>
I'll try to fix the face, later.

Level 5
You know, I like this skin a lot. Everything except for the face guard. I see what you were trying to go for, but it really looks like he has a blueish grey beard, with black highlights. Maybe try and blend the colors a little better, I not really sure though. haha. I'm the kind of person that needs to mess with a skin to see what looks good :p

Anyway, I really like the skin as a whole, and I give you a 4/5, after you fix the face guard 5/5

Level 9
again a really great job by you my friend :)
i think its the best captain skin i've ever seen. the new black face looks really better.
in my eyes its nearly perfect. the only stuff i dont like are the stars on the sword, but its only my opinion. im sure here are many guys who like that!
2/5 n4p!

NOT 5/5 +rep

Level 9
This is sadly the closest we can get to one of Shivering Isles' coolest beings.. But the skin is actually really cool! Obviously useful for an Oblivion map, this is superb for any fantasy map, really! 4.5/5 Highly Recommended

Level 13
Congrulations Mr FrIkY,

You've just made an incredible piece of art!
You will be rewarded with a nice mouse click from Sir Squidle.

Level 2
ok... I have a problem... I cut the zip file in the W3 directory and extracted there then paste it in Units/Human/TheCaptain/TheCaptain ( i downloaded model pack 8 ) and removed the original model but it didnt work... so i have some questions:
1. where should I extract the .zip file?
2. should I rename the file?
3. what should I do with the original model?
4, what to do next after these?
Help is very, very much appreciated... :)

Level 7
ok... I have a problem... I cut the zip file in the W3 directory and extracted there then paste it in Units/Human/TheCaptain/TheCaptain ( i downloaded model pack 8 ) and removed the original model but it didnt work...

Ya i have the same prob too.
I know the .blp file is the texture,
but how about the model?
Were can i download it?

BTW the skin is so friking cool!!!
The coolest Captain skin i've see so far!!:goblin_good_job: