• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW & Blizzard Game Resources

Should there be a new complete resource section for Blizzard-related resources -War3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important:

The votes will be counted and presented in the staff forums, where various moderators and administrators decide on what further actions to take and how it will come into effect. For now there is no official voting expiration date or any final date.

Your poll means nothing. It's rigged and leaves no real option to simply state "no".
You are so fond of using the word "invalid", and use it wrong every time I might add. Your poll, however, is a prime example of something which is invalid.
Furthermore. It's no where an "official" poll on whether or not this abomination of a section will be implemented or not. It's simply for your amusement, and we amuse you by voting.

Your poll means nothing. It's rigged and leaves no real option to simply state "no".
You are so fond of using the word "invalid", and use it wrong every time I might add. Your poll, however, is a prime example of something which is invalid.
Furthermore. It's no where an "official" poll on whether or not this abomination of a section will be implemented or not. It's simply for your amusement, and we amuse you by voting.

I am being reasonable here and ignoring most of hypocritical comments that will eventually come, but for a fact: "this" abomination as you call it, will still become real in future someday, weather it is in the late future or in fact soon is yet unknown. This is a very dedicated and huge idea that is friendly with old model section. Do you imagine that in 10 / 5 years the Hive will remain the same modding community with everything in the same condition as it was. To prove my fact you can just imagine that everything progresses, thats why War3Sear.ch was replaced with Hive 1, that why Hive 2 will replace Hive 1. What is so wrong with this idea to create a new resource section? Are you afraid of something? Everyone may fear the progress.

I am being reasonable here and ignoring most of hypocritical comments that will eventually come, but for a fact: "this" abomination as you call it, will still become real in future someday, weather it is in the late future or in fact soon is yet unknown. This is a very dedicated and huge idea that is friendly with old model section. Do you imagine that in 10 / 5 years the Hive will remain the same modding community with everything in the same condition as it was. To prove my fact you can just imagine that everything progresses, thats why War3Sear.ch was replaced with Hive 1, that why Hive 2 will replace Hive 1. What is so wrong with this idea to create a new resource section? Are you afraid of something? Everyone may fear the progress.

Whether or not you call the idea an abomination you skip the real point.
Your poll will determine nothing. It's flawed, rigged.
If an administrator set up a real poll, then fine. But you act like this in the definitive poll for or against the implementation.
Your poll means nothing, not even if you act like it does. You are a pawn like the rest of us.

Whether or not you call the idea an abomination you skip the real point.
Your poll will determine nothing. It's flawed, rigged.
If an administrator set up a real poll, then fine. But you act like this in the definitive poll for or against the implementation.
Your poll means nothing, not even if you act like it does. You are a pawn like the rest of us.

I will quote an important message here, you may want to read it:

Anonymous Moderator said:
What's more is this: You'd be surprised at how many Moderators are actually willingly agreeing with your idea of adding a separate section for converted models, myself among them, as long as we're not doing so illegally or rudely.

This is why I think you, Ralle, or someone who would willingly represent The Hive in the matter should actually contact Blizzard in the event where we want to add such a section and get a formal response from them saying it's "ok."
Bottom-line point is: You don't need to convince the community, because we'll likely go for it regardless of them, as long as we're not doing something wrong.

I will keep the moderator who wrote this anonymous because of various safe-keeping and privacy reasons. As I've mentioned this new resource section has a high chance of occurring.

So does that mean this thread is pointless now?

Not really, as I mentioned I will gather all the votes and post them in the staff forum and they shall decide on what is going to happen. This thread was merely created to "spark" the changes and the new resource section. It was also created to see how people will react.

Edit: However the voting is not yet done :/

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

(quote)

I will keep the moderator who wrote this anonymous because of various safe-keeping and privacy reasons. As I've mentioned this new resource section has a high chance of occurring.
Genin, I think you have definitely not helped your case out here. People are not only contending over the main issue ("Should we have a section for Rips: Y/N?"), but over the perceived sense of 'official-ity' that you have lent to the topic.

I'll concede, you've done an excellent job organizing the post (the Poll could, as aforementioned, use some tweaking to provide a true dichotomy of choices), but in so doing you have presented a message which to some implies a level of "Official-ness" that you cannot truly insure. This issue itself is proving decisive; people like Solu9 are not simply upset at the suggestion, but at the way you have presented it. (things like "Final Decision" in the first post, all the fancy BBCoding, etc).

That being said, if you're quote is legitimate, then this issue is indeed a little more certain than some of us would care to admit; however, the fact remains that this (and really, almost every user-made Poll ever) is merely a "place to lodge & catalogue opinions", and should thus only be presented as such. Unless it's Administrator- or Moderator-driven, Polls cannot and should not be considered, implied or inferred to be "official".

That being said.

Thusly.

Ergo cogito sum.

Latinlatinlatin.

Genin, I think you have definitely not helped your case out here. People are not only contending over the main issue ("Should we have a section for Rips: Y/N?"), but over the perceived sense of 'official-ity' that you have lent to the topic.

I'll concede, you've done an excellent job organizing the post (the Poll could, as aforementioned, use some tweaking to provide a true dichotomy of choices), but in so doing you have presented a message which to some implies a level of "Official-ness" that you cannot truly insure. This issue itself is proving decisive; people like Solu9 are not simply upset at the suggestion, but at the way you have presented it. (things like "Final Decision" in the first post, all the fancy BBCoding, etc).

That being said, if you're quote is legitimate, then this issue is indeed a little more certain than some of us would care to admit; however, the fact remains that this (and really, almost every user-made Poll ever) is merely a "place to lodge & catalogue opinions", and should thus only be presented as such. Unless it's Administrator- or Moderator-driven, Polls cannot and should not be considered, implied or inferred to be "official".

That being said.

Thusly.

Ergo cogito sum.

Latinlatinlatin.

I never said that this poll is official, I just presented it in a fancy official way for people to take it as serious change. I also stated that the final decision will be done by moderators/ administrators and they shall decide based on the votes and other featured policies.

Edit: This discussion has been around Hive for a long time. Since there was no official thread about this I decided on behalf to create it.

Yet again you skip the point.
Your poll is sperious, invalid. It's rigged in the favor of yes sayers.
Whatever this "mysterious" moderator might have said doesn't change that fact that this poll can be used to nothing but feed you.
If you had actually made a valid poll I guess it could have been used for.. something.
You act like this is some kind of signature collection you can hand in to the authorities. And maybe you could, if it wasn't so flawed.

It's a useless poll. Get over it, and let the administration put up a poll when the shit is really about to hit the fan.
And stop acting like you're the queen of England and whatever you say is law, or will become law. Thank you very much.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Heh, I'm not so fond of the idea that there's been behind-the-scenes dealings. If the staff has made a decision, there shouldn't be the need to keep it secret. Even if you perceive the reactions will be negative, it is better to admit it than to give people the idea that their opinions count and afterwards stab them with the revelation that the verdict has already been made.

Ok, I can see where you think its negative here, but its strong opinions. Obviously this isn't going to be implemented with this much aggression.

@Pharaoh_ Grats on your promotion!

Are you threatening the staff? Obviously that would not work for a government, So would it work for a site's staff? I really don't see what is the fuss..

I never said that this poll is official, I just presented it in a fancy official way for people to take it as serious change. I also stated that the final decision will be done by moderators/ administrators and they shall decide based on the votes and other featured policies.

No they shall not be decided by "ze votes", because "ze votes" means diddly squat. But you sure act like they will (or should). This isn't an official poll, and I sincerely hope it won't be taken into consideration/affect any future outcome regarding the topic.
You can't just decide on behalf of users/moderators/admins whether or not this will count as anything. You don't run the show. You run no show. I'm sorry, but is it really so hard to see or understand this?

genin32 said:
JCarrill0 said:
Ok, I can see where you think its negative here, but its strong opinions. Obviously this isn't going to be implemented with this much aggression.

@Pharaoh_ Grats on your promotion!
Are you threatening the staff? Obviously that would not work for a government, So would it work for a site's staff? I really don't see what is the fuss..

How on earth can JCarrill0's post even in the most obscure mind be interpreted (or foster a question) as a staff insult?
Pretty ballsy coming from the guy who have reported several moderators himself, don't you think?

Last edited:

Ugh, sure, disagreeing on your standpoint is just "fear of progress".
No, i don't think allowing rips and small edits is "progress". On the latter part, small edits have always been allowed here on the grounds that they are useful to a large part of the community, and we do have lots of simple geomerges and pieces extracted from the campaign screens already present in the models section. Contrarily, i feel like your strong opinions on this matter are just due to your inability to reconcile with the fact that your own simple edits are not getting approved. I don't see why we would need a separate section with lower standards than the regular one where people can go to as a last resort with their "log from LumberMill" or "peasant with Arthas head".

What i dislike most about rips is how they make people lazy. I was once new to modeling too, but the high standards of this site forced me to learn. The spirit of craftmanship that we share in the community has always inspired me to improve and do things for myself, and i owe to it almost everything i know about modeling and modding in general.

EDIT: Oh, and on the topic of "WoW icons", they have already since long been allowed and endorsed in the icons section. Feel free to upload as many of these as you want, and don't try to draw that discussion here, people.

Ugh, sure, disagreeing on your standpoint is just "fear of progress".
No, i don't think allowing rips and small edits is "progress". On the latter part, small edits have always been allowed here on the grounds that they are useful to a large part of the community, and we do have lots of simple geomerges and pieces extracted from the campaign screens already present in the models section. Contrarily, i feel like your strong opinions on this matter are just due to your inability to reconcile with the fact that your own simple edits are not getting approved. I don't see why we would need a separate section with lower standards than the regular one where people can go to as a last resort with their "log from LumberMill" or "peasant with Arthas head".

What i dislike most about rips is how they make people lazy. I was once new to modeling too, but the high standards of this site forced me to learn. The spirit of craftmanship that we share on this site has always inspired me to improve and do things for myself, and i owe to it almost everything i know about modeling and modding in general.

Yes, I understand. But one thing that bothers me is, how does it all connect to a new section? Since it will be separated?

Level 16
The voting will expire and will not be counted after 2014 - 7 - 20, if anyone hasn't voted or forgot to vote - please do it until the set-date. :)

and when it ends, can we also close the thread...
Not sure what real purpose this has anymore. I'm not even sure what the purpose of the poll was ment for since it didn't seem to have a balanced poll.

Here's my opinion :
No, because rips aren't good for the sake of the site, if we made such section, it's encouraging noobs (pardon me) to upload unpolished (aka bad) rips. Solu's point about rep is what I agree if this gets implemented.

If this gets implemented and we don't have any quality control (no rep disabled, no Max polices, no Max file size and so on), hopefully not, for the least I hope quality control exist. It might discourage me from visiting (only for sake of VM/PM and WEHZ/TS). one of few reason I enjoyed this site is it has good quality control (IMO) over the content that many other (including my super small site) doesn't offer.

Basically, I voted <comment> and my comment is NO!

I hope this don't turn into an actual section.

Here's my opinion :
No, because rips aren't good for the sake of the site, if we made such section, it's encouraging noobs (pardon me) to upload unpolished (aka bad) rips. Solu's point about rep is what I agree if this gets implemented.

If this gets implemented and we don't have any quality control (no rep disabled, no Max polices, no Max file size and so on), hopefully not, for the least I hope quality control exist. It might discourage me from visiting (only for sake of VM/PM and WEHZ/TS). one of few reason I enjoyed this site is it has good quality control (IMO) over the content that many other (including my super small site) doesn't offer.

Basically, I voted <comment> and my comment is NO!

I hope this don't turn into an actual section.

Well of course there will be certain moderations of blizzard models, I already explained everything. Don't misunderstood WoW models with Blizzard Resources.

Level 51
I don't know if I should laugh about this, after reading the last few pages, or if I should fear a possible incapability of the staff. I'm nearly 100% sure that it's just a pointless attempt to gain attention for an hopeless attempt to implent a section for your wow rips. Still, I'm worried, and I feel a little bit ashamed for it ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.