• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why hate Dota..here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Looking back at some of the news post I've written (Source: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...monster-slayer-dota-6-78-a-235690/index3.html) the comment tab got closed due to negative responses of some our members, yet I forgot to ask:

Why hate Dota here in this site? just to make a notice, Dota has spread a lot, not just in the internet, but years from PC gamers, sponsors, and multiple media. It is also a part of our modding preferences, as well as being a custom map.

I do know some reasons why dislike it due to some characteristics and game play constants were way out of the league to the game, and mostly it killed Warcraft 3. maybe it did desecrate the rooms for melee and other custom maps, or maybe not.

So the first question I'd like to ask again, why hate it here? if so please explain.

Level 28
I started playing dota around 2006 but only started playing it seriously around 08-11 and I got to say that I really had a lot of fun playing with my friends because of its competitiveness.

The keyword there is friends and outside of that is a very poisonous community that will blame anything every single freaking time you beat them, latency, map hack, fuck even their teammates' skills but never, NEVER, because they just suck on the game. And its frustrating. Same goes why I quit many action shooting online games.

EDIT:

Dota is a good map if you can just ignore some of its flaws, its mostly just the players who makes it look bad.

Level 32
I agree with Jondrean XD

No no, in all seriousness, I dislike DotA for it's sub par gameplay, undeserving fame, bad terrain, limited features, and the reason people moved on from WC3. The whole MOBA craze started and DotA became around 10% of games in battle.net, and dropping. (I don't know about Garena/Gameranger :p). This is what led me to create the RTS group, DotA dropped, other maps (like Azzy Wars) went up.

Now, should we hate it? No. I believe it brought people from countries not in the western world to be interested in Warcraft 3. The competitive craze of a surrealisric game people have never seen before would attract new comers. Learning an RTS game looks difficult as a new player, but controlling a single person is what most of the video games have to offer.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Not sure if trolling or... trolling.
I mean Dota 2. It clearly copied the mechanics from LoL.

And Dota is ran on WC3, which is 99% ded gaem.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
The whole MOBA craze started and DotA became around 10% of games in battle.net, and dropping.

It felt like a lot more than 10%. I didn't hate the game itself I just hated how the majority of the custom game list became Dota or just another game that was the same with a different skin. I'll admit I was rather excited when I played the Warhammer version the first time.

Level 32
It felt like a lot more than 10%. I didn't hate the game itself I just hated how the majority of the custom game list became Dota or just another game that was the same with a different skin. I'll admit I was rather excited when I played the Warhammer version the first time.

No, mean it felt like 35% 2007-2012 but it's been dropping down because LoL, DotA 2, etc was released.

Level 20
Looking back at some of the news post I've written (Source: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...monster-slayer-dota-6-78-a-235690/index3.html)

So the first question I'd like to ask again, why hate it here? if so please explain.

So i guess it was due to it popularity the DotA invaded the whole custom map scene from WC.I have played game in both In BattelNet and Garena in garena the majority of rooms were for DotA.The map itself was kinda annoying sinc it was locked from world editor and dident allowed you to tinker a lil bit whith it To make changes for your personal needs.Map it had some littel flwas Like those spots you could farm whith Furion on both Sentinel and Scogure jungel aswell it community was very toxic,Leavers who destoryed the game,Hackers etc etc.The only good thing Garena did was the High level rooms which was maintained by admins but those were only 5 rooms.

Level 3
I would a agree that it has some flaws here and there compared to some incredible maps here on the hive, but lets face it. Dota is famous for a reason.

I find it weird that people hate on dota here, Why is that so?

Level 32
The same reason people hate Call of Duty, it's a sub par (imo CoD is really fun) game with all of the popularity. It causes 'uncreative' DotA clones. Many claim it's why other maps don't get played. Many claim DotA players tend only stick to AoS, RPGs or arenas. I understand these statements are generalizing, but it's how others I personally know feel why they hate DotA.

Last edited:
Level 30
I am planning to add news basing the map's change logs only, depending how the changes will be. Whether we will like it or not somehow Dota is a part of our modding.

I mean Dota 2. It clearly copied the mechanics from LoL.

And Dota is ran on WC3, which is 99% ded gaem.

Actually Dota, LoL, & HoN were all made by the same 3 guys who started re-crafting Starcraft's Aeon of Strife originality, hence the similarities, references, and side notes throughout the mechanics of each game.

The only rip-offs who followed their trail were Guardians of Middle-Earth and even Blizzard like fuck, and more that gave an opening to the term "Moba".

Level 28
Dota is average at best considering the year it was created. Blaming DotA for causing people for making uncreative clones is pure bullshit. its just like blaming Blizzard for their melee maps because there are people who makes uncreative blizzardish melee maps, blaming BM because there are many resources here that uses the BM anims and such.

Well my map is an AoS based in LoL mechanics and Dota, with many corrections and inspired in stats from wow, but still, it is really hard to make a good quality map and balance it all. I mean my map has some balance issues and bugs I find and fix, and dota is pretty neat, the thing is that it has imposible heroes to figth such as Huskar, and Ulfsaar, and etc. I mean one hero can take the 5 of the enemy team and even so most of the INT heroes suck because they do not scale and depend heavily on running and using active items.

Still im making the AoS of my map and when I get up to 30 heroes ill complete the Altered Melee version of it.

Level 12
I am an unapologetic hater of dota. My dislike stems mostly from the attitude that most of the map's user-base shows. I play warcraft on gameranger and you can literally tell a dota player by his illiteracy and tendency to flame and blame. It is like a magnet of toxicity and immaturity. I have never come across a map or a genre that has the same toxic user-base as dota, it's easier playing with spanish people who you don't even understand than these illiterate masters of flaming. I never really played dota mainly because these kind of people serve as a massive red flag.

I did play a lot of LoL but it's different there. You can easily avoid the toxicity in League because of the awesome mute system and the way you can still communicate through pings. Some of the best games I played in LoL were ones were I automute all my allies and enemies never having to read a word of their trolling.

Level 30
Depends on the players you are with, I myself never reply in chat during Dota games, as well on swearing or making my way through trash talk to win a game.

There is also a lot of players out there who also doesn't trash talk, the majority yes but gaming through all other genres always ends up with bad players.

But doesn't count on why hate on the game itself, not the public that plays it.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I hate when people rage and blame others when they die.

Level 29
I hate how it gets labelled as Rts when it clearly isnt.
I hate that 'special' kind of people dwelling in it.
I hate how it has created an easily milkable market for gamesmiths to never even consider going back to producing an actual rts.
I hate the dinosaur feeling when i ask anybody from this generation what game-genre they prefer, get answered Rts then when i ask what game they like at most its name of any Moba game.
Simply put i hate it for the thing it is, just like moba players frown upon actual rts as 'demode' and tryhard to push this brainless travesty of a genre as the new trend.

Level 28
I hate the dinosaur feeling when i ask anybody from this generation what game-genre they prefer, get answered Rts then when i ask what game they like at most its name of any Moba game.

I actually never experience this. A lot of Moba players knows that they're playing a Moba game. Heck, most of my friends that plays Moba doesn't even know what RTS is.
211785-albums5481-picture65468.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.