• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 playerbase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone, i've been playing Warcraft 3 for years now and i just registered on the site :wink: I was wondering, does this site and warcraft 3 still have a good playerbase? Because im planning on making a warcraft 3 fanmade expansion but it would be a waste of time if i spend weeks on something that nobody would play... Thanks for all the awnsers :thumbs_up:

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :sad:

Edit: Another question, where do i put a post about race/unit/... idea's? And the link to the exp. when it's done?

Last edited:
Level 32
Hello everyone, i've been playing Warcraft 3 for years now and i just registered on the site I was wondering, does this site and warcraft 3 still have a good playerbase? Because im planning on making a warcraft 3 fanmade expansion but it would be a waste of time if i spend weeks on something that nobody would play... Thanks for all the awnsers
Well, I'm a battle.net user and I feel that it's still active enough to put host some new maps without auto-hosting bots (i.e. using makemehost.com & entgaming.com). Since it sounds like you're planning a single player campaign, I can assure you that campaigns are more of the popular maps uploaded. Also, someone will look into your map if it's uploaded.

Another question, where do i put a post about race/unit/... idea's?
Here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/
And the link to the exp. when it's done?
I don't understand this question.

Level 23
You're talking about an expansion right, not a map nor a campaign? Well, you can still probably post your progress in Map Dev but I'm not quite sure if Game mods are accepted there. When you're finished with your expansion, you can upload it on the pastebin or any other cloud storage, since I'm not quite sure if you'll be able to upload mods here officially like maps and campaigns. You can ask for your project to be hosted here in the forums too. Get your project hosted!

Anyway, welcome to hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.