• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion: Sanctions for meaningless thread titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
[03-41-36] muzzel: Statharas, i think ppl should be banned/warned for opening threads with names like "need help" or "question"
[03-41-39] muzzel: i mean
[03-41-45] muzzel: how fucking stupid can people be
[03-41-51] muzzel: should be illegal
[03-42-03] muzzel: Statharas, tell ur guys to do that
[03-42-07] muzzel: ralle or pharaoh
[03-42-55] muzzel: everytime i read this kind of shit i wanna kick them in the face
[03-43-26] muzzel: and im usually a very calm person
[03-43-40] Statharas: Make a suggestion thread in Site Discussion

Level 21
This would be nice if it could be enforced, but in practice whether something is "meaningful" or not is mostly subjective.

Furthermore, there will always be people that simply don't agree with the moderators' opinion of what is "meaningful".

tl;dr - Would be nice, but not gonna happen

Level 9
however, I see it as too overreacting to post link to this thread whenever you see a thread with meaningless title as this thread only discuss the topic, even the first post is just a snippet of THW chat and won't help any new users who make that thread with meaningless title.

Level 30
This is, in 95% of cases, a problem with new users.
The other 5% are mostly the Hive's troll atempts.

And whenever a single new user is warned/told that the topic name reflects the kindness and willingness of other users to help and not flame, he gets better with each thread.
And trolls will always troll, it's their vision of humor. They know the boundaries, and stop for some time when warned.

During my life on THW, only few users have took some sort of mod/admin punishment for continuous violation of this.

In short: this is a 'problem' that actually fixes itself.
I am not conviced that this needs any form of sharper measures.m

Status
Not open for further replies.