• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spread Reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not happening the first time for me now, that I want give reputation to a user for a useful resource, but get the error message:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to <Name> again."

If I spread useless reputation around, I would be able to give +rep to the person I actually want to give.
But that's not what I want. As I am usually not giving reputation for nonsense I can get this message, even the last time I gave rep to the person was a long time ago.

So in my opinion only to count how often you give +rep to others is not the best way to allow +rep the same person again.
I suggest also to add a day counter for exampe, that you might give again +rep to a person after 10 or 15 days, without rep-whoring around the site and spread without any reason.

What do you guys think about it?

Level 22
I agree, but I guess a 3 day or a week long lock-out would be better to avoid rep spamming a single user.

Level 14
This as a non-issue. All reputation is useless.

Just spread the extra rep around the introductions sub-forum as a pat-on-the-back to new users for going through the effort of officially joining THW.

Now the extra useless rep isn't given without a reason & you get to give the rep to your targeted user. Problem solved.

//\\oo//\\

Disclaimer: new rep-addicts may emerge

It's not happening the first time for me now, that I want give reputation to a user for a useful resource, but get the error message:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to <Name> again."

If I spread useless reputation around, I would be able to give +rep to the person I actually want to give.
But that's not what I want. As I am usually not giving reputation for nonsense I can get this message, even the last time I gave rep to the person was a long time ago.

So in my opinion only to count how often you give +rep to others is not the best way to allow +rep the same person again.
I suggest also to add a day counter for exampe, that you might give again +rep to a person after 10 or 15 days, without rep-whoring around the site and spread without any reason.

What do you guys think about it?
I agree with you in that. :thumbs_up: That's litteraly rep-wasting for nothing, and yes, why should we have to spread senseless rep to others? :eekani:

I agree, but I guess a 3 day or a week long lock-out would be better to avoid rep spamming a single user.
I actually agree more with the 10-15 days time span. :wink: 3 days is a bit less and this way it can be used for the prohibited rep-trading (like "make this model for me, and i will rep you 4 times"). With 3 days this is well possible and quite easy, but with 10 or 15 days not so much anymore.

My suggestion would be the following one:
- after the first rep given, the time-span for re-reping is 10 days.
- after the second rep given, the time-span for re-reping is set to 15 days. After those 15 days it expires and becomes 10 days again. :wink:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I agree. It would definitely give some meaning to the rep system.
I think that one week would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.