• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pending...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have some special desire what should be reviewed or you just want mods in general to work more?^^

I don't follow model section, but 2-3 pages of pendig resources is acceptable I think.
But what I think that would be nice to change is the priority. Sometimes it seems like resources are 6 months in pending status, and newer resources sometimes gets a quick approve/needs fix.
It might be mostly because of difficutly and effort for a review of that resource, but still... it's a thing to mention. :p

Level 14
In fact there is really few pending map they get very fast moderated.
Six months is pretty few if the moderator try to test the map with the maximum number of players and to test each point of balance an do theory crafting for seeing if there is no bugs then if he does this in six months he is the fastest in the universe.
The same comment for some 8888888888 lines ultra complex systems.

Level 30
I believe moderating the model section is way faster than reading a babylon tower of codes in spells or taking half day playing/testing/observing each map. Even if the pending pages in model reaches 10+, Our model moderators can whip it out as easy as breathing, Still moderating a lot of stuff is quite a hard work. Its not like our modding community is that huge anymore.

Level 23
I think its worth noting that moderating models has a few issues that no other resource suffers from to that degree.

1) There is no proper way to manage groups models that are re-colours or re-textures of each other beyond uploading them to the pack section.

This is particularly relevant in the line of particle effects, where say you make a cool explosion and would like to have various elemental variants of it.
Creators could upload the plain uncoloured versions, but I am certain people would lose their shits if that happened.

2) There is no consensus on how to manage pre-existing "extracted" models, most cases parts of campaign loadscreens.

Both of these issues add a lot of unnecessary work for moderators IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.