• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paid subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Just found this looking at the user CP, is it some sort of fixed-amount-donation service or a secret page for the worshipping of Ralle and the preparation of the plan to take over the world?

6K9xgPM.png

Level 4
Hive should start a weekly tribune and send it to the subscribers address. Make it VIP and nonprofit journalism so the site get healthy. ;P

Level 4
I cant imagine how radical the improvements would be if your staff was paid... *blows own mind

You may get a few donations from Regs and some Rares; but I doubt you would be able to day job that without actually creating a tangible product or reward scheme.You gotta reach out since Warcraft isnt really, growing... sadly.. :(

Never heard of Patreon, cool gig; looks like kickstarter.

Level 36
I cant imagine how radical the improvements would be if your staff was paid... *blows own mind

Just exactly what are you insinuating? >.>
:p

Why not try for it, Ralle? Worst possible thing that could happen is that you'd
be back to where you are currently, best possible thing is that w-e--- you! Get paid. :p

And concerning the OP, that's totally not my sneaky attempt to make money off of
my new position. Not. At. All.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I think the feature might have been discussed as an alternative to the donation system a long time ago. However its existence is likely due to the underlying Vbulletin system. If it has only appeared recently then either an update caused it or some high level administrator accidently turned it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.