• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Off-Topic and Something Else, their actual differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Would anyone mind explains their difference?

SE seems to be for borderline stupid/brain fart threads. You can post any troll and senseless stuff there if you want.

In Offtopic you can of course also make a joke but the focus is on actual discussion.

Simply put, there are three levels when it comes to off-topic forums:

Actual problems and meaningful conversation and debate on certain topics - Medivh's Tower
Leisure topics, everyday stuff, pretty much anything that can't find its place anywhere else - Off-Topic
Random meaningless stuff - Something Else

Medivh's Tower, however, currently has a whitelist access policy, so you have to apply for membership in order to post.

I have applied and attain access for Medivh Tower, but thanks for the info about it.

I understand, so the seriousness of the topic in Off-Topic section is this :
Something Else < Off-Topic < Medivh Tower

Which means that anything worth debating and discuss with severely heavy tone should be put in Medivh Tower, normal stuff in Off-Topic and meaningless stuff in Something Else, am I correct in this statement?

Anyway, I'm very happy that you make it more specific and understand able, thanks Kwaliti!

Status
Not open for further replies.