• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive's Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
I feel like Rufus does an excellent job of moderating the maps section however I feel it's a job best suited for 2 people or more just with the volume of work it entails, or if it could be split into smaller jobs like Melee Map Moderator, Campaign Moderator, Custom Map Moderator etc if at all possible to ensure the pending section doesn't get out of hand.

Obviously this requires that people accept the task but I feel like it's something that perhaps should be looked into and offered to people who we feel would be willing to accept such positions.
Hi, Rufus actually resigned a few days ago. He helped us find a replacement in deepstrasz.

We also looked into the split jobs idea, actually pursued it, but it didn't happen.

Anyhow, I'll update thread today.

Hi, Rufus actually resigned a few days ago. He helped us find a replacement in deepstrasz.

I had noticed the Former Staff Member badge on him and knew of his intentions to resign, however I didn't know to what effect or when. Such a shame, he did a really good job but I have my faith in deepstrasz. What problems were there with the split jobs idea?

Level 32
I had noticed the Former Staff Member badge on him and knew of his intentions to resign, however I didn't know to what effect or when. Such a shame, he did a really good job but I have my faith in deepstrasz. What problems were there with the split jobs idea?
Ah well, not actual problems, but more so lack of time / interest from one who was asked to be a reviewer.

Roland

R

Roland

It's seems that @Naze is now an Off-topic moderator, Congrats to him tho I just hope he cleans the random junk in Off-topic and moved it to Something else section.

Level 32
Remember to add the new map mod too, while you are at it.
You know, the most inactive reviewer who got promoted to reviewer for being the one visited
Blizzard HQ and now got a staff position for that despite not doing anything in that section. :)

Nepotism? Absolutely not!
Yeah yeah. We know of Kam's situation. It's fair to say that.
But he's actually in constant contact with Blizzard. It's not just because he visited the HQ a while back. We have plans for it :]

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Since all you do recently is whine about absolutely everything within your short grasp, I think I like Kam's inactivity miles better.

Feel free to dish out the occasional idea of who you think should run the map section along with the sourpuss sarcasm. Any day now.

The map section is also doing quite well, with only 4 pending maps last time I checked.

But my campaign is still not reviewed whilst the other three have been! Blasphemy!

Just kidding, I'm really glad to see the list of pending maps be brought down so much; I was worried it was getting out of hand and would only get worse with Rufus departure, but I'm pleasantly surprised and always like seeing the Hive's sections working like clockwork. How many map reviewers/moderators are there?

P.S. I know my map will take a while to review since it's a campaign.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Hit a sore spot there, didn't I?
Not even slightly. I just think somebody needs to point out how much time you're wasting being an inconsolable wreck. I don't even know what you're so angry about. Last time you threw tantrums, you turned around and apologized all over the place after I talked to you about it for just over five minutes. It's okay for boys to cry, but at least let us know where the owie's at. I honestly thought you'd at least try to shut me up by throwing some names my way, but if all you can think of is the slightly more literate version of "lol u mad bro," I'm not going to bother.

Level 32
No longer active staff:
Feb 28 Rufus (resigned)
Mar 1 edo494 (resigned / inactivity)
Mar 13 GhostThruster (resigned)
Mar 13 A Void (resigned / inactivity)
Mar 14 Deathcom3s (inactivity)
Mar 15 Pyrogasm (inactivity)
Mar 15 Remixer (inactivity)

(Bigly) thanks to all of you for helping out in areas of the site.

Recently added:
Feb 22 Kam Patch Moderator
Feb 25 deepstrasz Map Reviewer
Mar 1 wietlol Spell Reviewer
Mar 2 Quilnez Spell Reviewer
Mar 11 Naze Off-topic Moderator

Welcome aboard the band of bees and misfits!

Last edited:
Not so many like it was, but some guys still keep submitting actually, but what I agree is that general feedback from us all community tendencly decreased over the years, which was a bigger role some years ago. : (
It's a bid sad to see when staff is sometimes the only instance that gives feedback, as it's actually meant to be for whole community. ^^

One last thing @StoPCampinGn00b , in Full History, we lack Murlocologist - 2D Art Moderator {April 2017 -} and the letter N. Hence Naze is missing as a consequence. Naze - Off-Topic Moderator {March 2017 -}

Under the Community section Naze should be listed first and foremost. I find it fair since he's dealing with the Town Hall overall.

...and the Moderator Activity tab is redundant since it no longer works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.