• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best place to post general custom map topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I recently wanted to post a list of around 10 custom maps or so I thought the community might enjoy playing or have missed, but I haven't found any ideal place to post it. Although maybe a forum section dedicated for general custom map discussion would not necessarily be needed considering custom map discussions take place specifically in the uploaded map thread, the map development thread or to a lesser extent the hosted project threads. I haven't been on the site for a long time, so maybe I have missed something, but i feel that for a Wc3 custom game site, there is limited promotion for simple and fun wc3 custom games.

As a wc3 gamer since it's release (i literally bought the game the game the first day it was sold in stores), i'm beginning to have difficulty finding fun games to play in LAN with friends or just simple games me and 3-5 other friends can just jump in to and have fun for one or two hours. I don't believe my difficulty of finding simple and fun games to for LAN is due to a lack of content, if i look hard enough i can always find a fun new game, but i usually find these games by searching the author of a map i like in the epicwar.com advanced search section or by looking through the hive map section and epicwar aimlessly for painfully long amounts of time.

Anyways this is just a minor critic i have about the site as a very recent member and custom map lover :thumbs_up:

BTW just a quick question, has there ever been a Clan HIVE on b.net dedicated to this community? I'd think that would have been the best place to just jump into some fun random custom games.

TLDR: Looking for a place to post and find stuff about general custom maps.

Level 32
Map development stuff go in the map dev and hosted project forums.
Any other Warcraft 3 topic not significantly related to modding belongs in Warcraft Townhall. Feel free to post and ask about map recomendations there.
As far as I'm concerned, there is no current Hive clan. I do know that CRHF east, BHoR east, and BotR northrend have a few Hive members in each though.

Happy Hiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.