• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ask Us Almost Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well-met fellow member!

Welcome to Hive's first Questions & Answers session.

This thread is here to provide you with an opportunity to ask the Hive administration team any question you may have on your mind, regarding the Hive's features, chat, policies, future, community, staff etc. basically any and all questions related to the Hive - nothing held back (within reasonable bounds).

This thread is directly a result of the latest events, and is an effort to take the community "behind the scenes" of the Hive. And also to give us, the staff, the chance to speak out, since we feel we have been treated more than unfairly.

So bare with us for a moment: Fact is, certain people even went above and beyond to cause damage to certain staff members. Not to mention false rumors and speculations are floating around the internet, in what seems as another attempt to cause damage. The names of the users involved will not be made public as we respect privacy.

It would seem that the people who have now taken down their resources etc. in protest are in support of these unprovoked and deliberate attacks on the human beings that sits behind that avatar you see on the forum boards, and tirelessly work hard to make this a secure and friendly environment for everyone.

To you, the users who have taken down your resources, I ask: WHY? Why punish the users? And for what? To show that you have sympathy for those who seek to harm others? You are supporting the wrong people! I fear this is a result of lack of communication from the staff, and I assure you, we intend to correct that as of this moment.

I would also like to take this oppertunity to apologize on behalf of the staff for the Zero Tolerance mode, and the banishments that followed. We're sad it had to come to this. The Zero Tolerance mode will be lifted soon enough. But I would also like to point out that any user that was banned because of this, is entirely 100% responsible for this him/herself. You could have avoided that.

But we realize that a Zero Tolerance mode was not the answer. Users should always have the right to ask questions. All we ask in return, is that you do so with respect and in an orderly fashion.

Rules and policies specific for the AUAA thread:
  • You are allowed to ask questions regarding disciplinary actions, but only in this thread.
How does it work?
You send us questions by creating a thread in the Admin Contact forum containing your questions. We aggregate questions and responses and post them in this thread. Your username may be revealed unless you strictly specify that you wish it to be anonymous.

How should I format my post?
Please use list tags, like so:
  1. When was Hive created?
  2. What are the site's future goals?
  3. Why was X member banned?
  4. Why didn't you ban X sooner?
  5. etc.
When does the Q&A end?
Currently, there is no deadline.

How long before we get an answer?
Well, depending on your question, it shouldn't take very long. But if you have a question that requires more careful research it may take X amount of time to get your question answered.

Update
Due to people not following the rules of the original AUAA thread, we had to switch over to using Admin Contact. If we have not responded to your question, we ask you to please post it again using Admin Contact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Why was Dr. Super God demoted?

Dr Super Good was demoted for his actions during recent events, spreading rumors and outright lies.

Why did it take so long for these recent demotions to occur, when there have been legitimate complaints concerning these staff members brought to your attention years ago? For example, <link removed> and <link removed>.

I believe this was already answered in a recent news thread. I have been too lenient.

How are overall resource moderators going to accomplish anything that wasn't already covered by having specific moderators for each resource?

The new staff system allows the moderators to accomplish more by being able to share the work amongst them selves or asking for help, while keeping the numbers reasonable instead of having to lets say, promote another map moderator for just an increase on map submissions for that day.

What is planned for the StarCraft 2 modding section of the site? Tutorials, for example, are currently not being reviewed.

I do not have any information for you right now on what is being planned for Starcraft 2 or the future of the site, I said in a previous announcement to please watch out for future announcements on the subject of hive 2.0 which is in the nearby future.

Also, how do justify your controversial actions as seen here?

Basically, this was taken out of context. TDW was not advertising his site. He was discussing RP'ing in general with other people in the chat. The subject changed to his RP site rpdom.com and somebody asked what site it is and he sent a link.

The advertising rule is not meant to prevent certain discussions but rather to prevent spamming and blatantly advertising a site. As RP'ing was the subject of this conversation and so on, the linkage was not blatant advertising.

In addition, as rpdom is an official affiliate of hiveworkshop.com it makes matters even less relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.