• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adjust rep power?

How yes? How no?

• YES

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • yes

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • no

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm indifferent to the implementation as it doesn't really do anything. I am curious though, doesn't this seem a little petty?

Sample scenario:
I'll rep you +1 for LOL, and you +4 because I like you alot, and you +3 for being almost a +4, and you two +1 each for the attempts... Why break up these rep allotments you ask? - because I was very bored.

Seems like a good way to create more drama among the rep-whores. I admit though, their complaints would be amusing for a while...

//\\0o//\\

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
What a mature scenario.

Anyway, I only suggest things that I think they are definitedly useful. Have been thinking for a while, CakeMaster has spammed me with 4 reps these days for every little thing I did. For me, it's just not fair. Thought, if he could adjust the given rep, perhaps he will gave me 1 or 2 instead.

By this, user could adjust given rep based on how good is other user's attitude/resource/helps/anything and not dictated to always give 4 reps. It makes reputation has more valuable meaning.

Though it's just too late to implement this system today. People can have glorious reputation just by having a lot of friends and being nice. That's what makes me dislike reputation system here.

Level 14
What a mature scenario.

Anyway, I only suggest things that I think they are definitedly useful. Have been thinking for a while, CakeMaster has spammed me with 4 reps these days for every little thing I did. For me, it's just not fair. Thought, if he could adjust the given rep, perhaps he will gave me 1 or 2 instead.

By this, user could adjust given rep based on how good is other user's attitude/resource/helps/anything and not dictated to always give 4 reps. It makes reputation has more valuable meaning.

Though it's just too late to implement this system today. People can have glorious reputation just by having a lot of friends and being nice. That's what makes me dislike reputation system here.

1) You understood my message with the scenario

2)I'm curious as to how it isn't "fair." I'm not going to start a crusade to stop this or anything but I am curious as to how it's a problem or why it's viewed as one. If you have links provide them.

3) Generally speaking, the users who can give +4 rep are those with alot of rep themselves. I always assumed that the forum was set up to give those user's opinions more weight because they're seen as figureheads (not staff ones). Of course, this premise requires that one gives reputation value.

4) I assumed that the badges becoming more popular in use was the result of a counter to the rep-whores acquiring more reputation than many of our main resource submitters. Now, I don't have a problem with these so-called "rep-whores" because they amuse me and many others; impriving my mood is always worth rep.

//\\oo//\\

CakeMaster has spammed me with 4 reps these days for every little thing I did. For me, it's just not fair. Thought, if he could adjust the given rep, perhaps he will gave me 1 or 2 instead.
Nope. If this was implemented I would still give 4 to everyone.

Level 25

Don't you think being nice and having people appreciate you counts as something you should have reputation for, if anything?

I rather give rep to people I like and appreciate here than some random douchebag that helps someone out in a mean way or someone who uploads great content but is a sucky person.

Kazeon

Level 33
Don't you think being nice and having people appreciate you counts as something you should have reputation for, if anything?

I rather give rep to people I like and appreciate here than some random douchebag that helps someone out in a mean way or someone who uploads great content but is a sucky person.

just by having a lot of friends and being nice.
That's one thing, it's totally okay to be nice and friendly, it's important. But I just dislike the fact that you can earn reps easily and easier by being nice, more than submitting nice stuffs.

Level 25
That's one thing, it's totally okay to be nice and friendly, it's important. But I just dislike the fact that you can earn reps easily and easier by being nice, more than submitting nice stuffs.

In my opinion, a nice friendly person is'nt less or more deservant of rep than someone who submits marvelous stuff. I give reputation for both reasons.

But each to his own I guess.

On topic though, I don't see why we can't have this option, even though I am without opinion on the reason for it. I support the idea. Could be useful.

Level 15
Personally I kinda stopped caring for the arbitrary internet points, but I'd say yes, there are no real faults to this.

Kazeon

Level 33
I used to be able to set peoples rep to anything! I remember adding a billion odd rep to one person so that he stopped crashing browsers in threads he posted in. He still had a ton of negative reputation afterwards.

Really? Though even Ralle has only 9000 rep power? :/

Level 6
well this is a good idea but if this implemented i will give 1 rep still..

Also this is good for rep wars... but well i am not really into it.. cause helping hivers makes you become popular than having large amount of reps..

I remember people who always active on thread than the users with the highest reps here..

Level 28
Befriend many users + make many shitty small melee maps then link your friends there + just keep praising everyone even though they didn't do anything special = PROFIT

Joke aside, I don't really see any cons if this is implemented since it will not really affect anyone unless it requires you a few mouse click to adjust the rep you want to give because that is so con for us lazy people.

Although it should be set to the max rep power distribution by default although will be optional unlike how it isn't right now.

People can have glorious reputation just by having a lot of friends and being nice. That's what makes me dislike reputation system here.

Oh this must be why no one gives me rep these days. xD
(Also that I'm not as active as I used to be...)

At least Reputation isn't sold like some forums which I won't mention, go search yourself.

The best part of rep is that it's still not instantly gained by using RL money.

-----------------------

I found giving such ability would be useful. I for one recommend the inverse of DeathChef, which set default to 1.

Neo, Rep War is a death gate anyway, if somebody found one and report the offenders, doom awaits. I won't mention names, but you know that some people who have done this before get hit severely by the Staffs (Neg Rep + Infraction).

I'd still give 4, coz I'm lazy... and does rep really matter that much?

IRL, nice people normally have good reputation... Remember that this is a general reputation thing, the general reputation of that person considering all factors, not a specific reputation like "Artist Reputation", "Musician Reputation" and the likes, so there is nothing wrong with someone who gains lots of rep by being nice. And also, it was actually model and icon makers that gain a lot of rep...

but then again, my original question, does rep really matter that much that we even need to discuss this?

Status
Not open for further replies.