• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About double posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I would say that double posting for noticement(as in, thread appears in people's subscribed threads) is ok, if you have something "important" to tell(edits go unnoticed a lot of times), but just replying to 2 different people in 2 different posts is just plain stupid

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Usually, when I need to double post, I just delete the previous post and merge it to the new post. So, no double post and notification is sent as well.
This is not permitted.
Senseful double post to bump the thread is allowed. Usually you have to keep the 48h rule before you bump.
Right.

Level 36
The way I see it, double posting is an aesthetic abomination that infects any forum that
doesn't have a prohibition against it. From a staff point of view I think this question has
been answered: Double posting is allowed only if you are bumping a thread with an
important topic, and shall only occur once every 48 hours.

Level 23
what if I post something, and then I have important news in shorter time than 48 hours? :D

Also, Im going to be ass here, but your wording basically states that I can double post every 48 hours, not post only after 48 hours :D But yes, Im being ass in here

Level 36
In essence, you can bump a thread once every 48 hours, yes.
But obviously, if this offer is abused, we'll be swift in making
changes to the rules to prevent it.

Also, if you have something important to add to a thread before 48
hours has passed, then you are at liberty to edit the latest post.
Otherwise you'll have to wait 48 hours before doing so.

Level 23
what if it is so important that it requires immediate reaction from people subscribed to the thread? surly you would permit such double posts even earlier than after 48 hours(I myself had tripple post I think actually, but yeah...Jass section is kinda dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.