• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Void's New and Improved Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I'm finally getting around to re-posting my terrain gallery. You know I love comments! :cgrin:

Out of the 49 terrains I have ever made (yeah I counted) these are my favorites. The undead temple is actually my very first one but I still like it.

Attachments

• Dawn.jpg
    Dawn.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,052
  • Ancient With Tree Variations.jpg
    Ancient With Tree Variations.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 976
  • Druid's Home.png
    Druid's Home.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,064
  • dontgoherealone.png
    dontgoherealone.png
    994.9 KB · Views: 908
  • Gloomtastic.png
    Gloomtastic.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 915
  • gloomy.jpg
    gloomy.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 673
  • Radiant.png
    Radiant.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 868
  • sandascent.jpg
    sandascent.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 718
  • RuinsTempleRainy.jpg
    RuinsTempleRainy.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 847
  • temple1.JPG
    temple1.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 916
  • omgwtflawlbbqcake.png
    omgwtflawlbbqcake.png
    2 MB · Views: 984
Last edited:
Level 7
I don´t think that these few pictures are your best - maybe your favorite but especially the pictures #3, #5 & #8 are really weak.
Hopefully you´ll add the other screens aswell, because I miss some really superb screenshots.
Nevertheless there are really good pieces of work, e.g. #6.

Level 1
I'm finally getting around to re-posting my terrain gallery. You know I love comments! :cgrin:

Out of the 49 terrains I have ever made (yeah I counted) these are my favorites. The undead temple is actually my very first one but I still like it.

First five terrain are outstanding! Nice job!

Level 3
The best, perfect, everything is perfect, but anyway, my favorite among those is the undead temple then the ruins temple, oh and btw, what doodad did you use on those stairs, ^-^, good job, keep it up !! +rep

Level 25
Well, thats actually yes, very nice. But I dont think that Warcraft 3 was created to steal other people's models and put it in the tiny map palce and get rep for other person's work. I do not say that it bad, but still, it wont lead to anything good.

Besides, Yes, You made a Decoration without any borders, so any unit can go trough it, so its not actually good for a game. (Well, you can put borders after, thats what I do)

For Example, Stairs. That would be pain in the ass to make it "working".

Level 24
Well, thats actually yes, very nice. But I dont think that Warcraft 3 was created to steal other people's models and put it in the tiny map palce and get rep for other person's work. I do not say that it bad, but still, it wont lead to anything good.

Besides, Yes, You made a Decoration without any borders, so any unit can go trough it, so its not actually good for a game. (Well, you can put borders after, thats what I do)

For Example, Stairs. That would be pain in the ass to make it "working".

I lol'd at you xD
And btw, working stairs are easy to make...

Level 36
Honestly KelThuzad, that post was stupid. I expected better out of someone who makes such awesome icons! D:

I'm not stealing other people's work. They are in the resource section and therefore I can use them. Not only that, but I don't make terrain for rep. Not only that, but it's not just placing models. It DOES take skill. Disagree with me if you like, but let's see if you can make something this good just by placing models. Sure, doodad abuse takes skill, but I make terrain for the sake of art not the skill.

Nah, the scaling is off and it's fit to only be viewable from one angle. And there are a lot of illusions. But it would be great for cinematics, however.

Level 25
No no, you did not understand me. Maybe alittle but... What I meant to say that you are a very good decarist, you should do something more than that, but, Your works are great, absolutely. When im back from Turkey (Im here now, Internet is for free, whoo!) I may have a... request for you, if you dont mind.

Also, yes, I know that you do not do that for rep, you do it for people - thats the best. I was not in mood then so when I had a chanse of arguing with someone I did it, I must say. So Sorry.

Once again, apologies. Once again, you're an awesome decarist. Only now, thanks for:

Honestly KelThuzad, that post was stupid. I expected better out of someone who makes such awesome icons! D:

Level 36
No no, you did not understand me. Maybe alittle but... What I meant to say that you are a very good decarist, you should do something more than that, but, Your works are great, absolutely. When im back from Turkey (Im here now, Internet is for free, whoo!) I may have a... request for you, if you dont mind.

Also, yes, I know that you do not do that for rep, you do it for people - thats the best. I was not in mood then so when I had a chanse of arguing with someone I did it, I must say. So Sorry.

Once again, apologies. Once again, you're an awesome decarist. Only now, thanks for:

Well, I don't really do it for people, I do it for my own entertainment ^.^

But I share them with people because they like it too!

Level 1
What program are you using to terrain so good? :) Id really like to learn to terrain that good :).
And also id like to know how to add new doodads and stuff to my Editor too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.