• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Terrain From Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Please upload it, and don't size it that small. I'll give some critique when you've upsized it. One tip: the ground too flat

Level 28
You do this:

1)Go Advanced at a post, and scroll down the window a little, and you'll see a button with "Manage Attachments" written in it.
2)Click it (duh :p), and then upload the images you want.

_____________________-

About the terrain:

1)Don't worry, it's far from a disaster! You should add much more rocks between the trees, and clusters of shrubs near the rocks and the trees. That will make it look more "savage". Oh, and some birds are going to fix good too.
2)About what Oziris said, that the grass in front looks ugly is true. You should add a cluster of grass in front of the screen, a large mass of it. Some rocks could fix good, but the main thing is the grass. By adding only one grass model, you're just making it worst, then you have two choices: 1- Add lots of grass models; 2- Adding no one.

I suggest you to add them.

This is what I mean. Can you see the grass in front of the camera?? You got it then.

I hope I helped!
_

Level 28
Level 15
Very nice. It reminds me a bit of Elwynn Forest at night. Like the post before mine suggests, terrain variation (NOT WITH BLIZZARD CLIFFS) give a more natural feel to a terrain. At any rate, good job on your first terrain!
+Reputation, Elywnn rocks.

Level 15
It was pretty simple. He just lowered the height so that the water showed. But it looks GREAT. Just add some more tile/height variation and you'll be set, my friend!

Level 15
Quite frankly, I can't see what you mean. I can't see an ending at all. I guess it makes sense, since everyone has a different perspective of things.

Level 34
I was going to harp on how flat it is, but the world is pretty flat is some places. Having said that, you may want to get some more height variation in there. Mostly in the treed area.

Level 34
doesn't anyone notice that it is WAAY TOO BLURRY? He needs to change File > Preferences > Video > Texture quality
I don't have anything to add except for what others said before :p
It doesn't seem to be that bad. I hardly notice anything. Wc3 is just poor quality now.

Level 15
Hah. It's not just "poor", it's pathetic. It's like comparing a 2D side-scrolling platform game with a fully 3D, waaaaaaaaaay too bright next-gen game.

Status
Not open for further replies.