• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi

I'm making a new cine, and i'm trying to make better terrain.
I need your advice on how to improve :)

1st pic 'ready to strike' Some warriors in the forest
2nd pic 'valliant defender' A warrior ready to defend his city
3rd pic 'paradise' A mysterious forest
4th pic : same as 3rd but changed camera angle
Edit: New pic! 5th: 'Throne'
Edit2: New pic 6th: 'beautiful Day'
Edit3: 7th: 'Sinful Past' Murder Scene
8th ' Burning Angel' Not really a terrain, but a scene from my cinematic that i though was cool

Check out my Cine (see my sig) to see similar terrains, with music, and battles ^^

Attachments

• Readytostrike2.jpg
    Readytostrike2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 458
  • Valliantdefender.jpg
    Valliantdefender.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 464
  • Paradiselost.jpg
    Paradiselost.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 439
  • Mystery.jpg
    Mystery.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 421
  • Throne.jpg
    Throne.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 399
  • BeautifulDay2.jpg
    BeautifulDay2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 371
  • SinfulPast.jpg
    SinfulPast.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 323
  • BurningAngel3.jpg
    BurningAngel3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Level 34
I like them all a lot. Reminds me of [Death]'s work. Very cinematic-like.

The last one isn't my favorite. I wouldn't use that camera angle for a screenshot.

Not a whole lot to say, except well done!

Level 3
I like it a lot, but I agree that the last pic isn't as good as the others. Keep up the good work, I look forward to your cine.

Level 6
Thx for the comments :)
You can see my first cine in my sig if you're interested (same style as in the terrains, but with music and fights ^^)

edit2: i'll add more screenshots as my new cine develops and thanks for the rep :)

Last edited:
Level 6
The sun is slightly angled, but i doesn't seem too strange to me.
Btw, for the guy a guy that made some pretty 'special 'terrain you shouldn't really be talking about weird :p

Yeah, but isn't this one supposed to be realistic^^

Cute, mine could imitate vacum cleaner and cellphone.
And im not joking.

:xxd: funny^^

Level 6
Yeah, but isn't this one supposed to be realistic^^

How many knights in shinning armour taking a pose next to a huge castle did you ever see in real life?
Since it's not realistic like in real life, then in my world the sun is slightly tilted :p

(in reality i agree that the sun is tilted in that pic, but it doesn't seem too awkward, i barely noticed it before you mentioned it - now all i can see is that >< )

Level 7
They're very good. Most especially if they're your first. The only thing I'd say about the forest in my opinion is to get rid of the trees with the leaves that point upwards. I think they're ugly, personally.

Level 6
@ ghenjis:

in the cine the camera moves pretty fast so I didn't observe it at first, but you're absolutely right, the leave pointing upwards is fugly, i'll remove that.

@ void:
Actually the Spell breaker are symetrically placed all around the throne, but in the angle it makes it look as if it's not, maybe i should post that spot from another angle?

Level 6
The last one looks cool^^. But terrains like that need really tiny details. And the lightning effects could be better.

Level 7
I watched the cinematic in your signature, LordHunter, and you've tremendously improved. I'm very impressed with your progress. I hope to see your cinematic soon.

Level 34
I wonder if General Frank is proud that his Angel gets a cameo?

I would be o_O

All awesome terrains. I especially like Throne and Valiant Defender.
GF's models are in about 10% of all maps. As a map Mod, I wade through many maps, and GF and Elenai's elves are the most commonly used models.

Status
Not open for further replies.