• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Fallen Empire AI 1.14b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Choose ur hero,lead ur grand army to overcome unlimited obstacles, invade&destroy d heavily defensed Demonic Underwater Empire

-Support AI
-New abilities,bosses, items,funs&secrets(harder)
-LimitBreak:-lb-
-Beware of Blizzard Storm!
-Saved 9times

Map Objectives:
Invade the castle, fight your way & break the doors level by level & finally meet the big boss, and you thought everything is over but something will happened, and a new objective will be coming.. hehe

Download at here:

http://epicwar.com/maps/11159/
or
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6135

First, choose the heroes:
attachment.php

Entering the castle:
attachment.php

Casting abilities:
attachment.php

Invading the castle:
attachment.php

Attacking the castle defense:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 5
If you bothered putting time into making the map, you'd figure you could spend five minutes gathering some screenshots to promote it. When I see a map posted here without screens it instantly makes me a little less interested, if people are going to bother playing your map they should be able get some idea of what it looks like ahead of time, or at least be told more than the fact that its been "-Saved 9times?" and that theres a boss at the end who is bigger than the other bosses in the game...

All that aside, I spent a couple minutes playing the map and took a few screenshots while I played. I've attached them to my post, maybe at some point you can add some of your own.

Attachments

• TFE_001.jpg
    TFE_001.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,527
  • TFE_002.jpg
    TFE_002.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,455
  • TFE_003.jpg
    TFE_003.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,511
  • TFE_004.jpg
    TFE_004.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,504
  • TFE_005.jpg
    TFE_005.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,517
Level 13
I played it and I have so say I really like the overall gameplay.
It's fun and very arcade styled.

I don't like the terrain much. It's just very appropriate and basic and could use more details and variations. If you work on this part, you will increase the overall map quality a lot.

Anyway, it's fun to play and the concept is cool I think.

Level 9
thank you very much! ya, i dint do much on the terrain coz doing the hero abiltiies already killing most of my time hahaha.. will consider that if i got time to release new version.. so, did u finished the map? u play alone or with frens or with computer hero players?

by the way, u can also try my other map - Police Catch Thief AI and gime some comments. the link is:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50931

Level 13
I didn't finish it but I'll play again if I find time and give you a more detailled feedback.

What about the difficulty? Is it dynamic (depending on the number of players)? Or is it constant, so that are higher number of players will make it easier/faster to win the map? I think both variants are working fine with this map, just wanted to ask.

Edit: For what reason do you use this blizzard storm? I don't know if it's a bug or wanted, but the blizzard storm only freezes the player controlled heroes (not the AI ones). Anyway, it's really annoying thing that approaches about every minute. I'd seriously suggest to cut it off because it spoils the game flow. Or at least make it come every 5 minutes or as a triggered event or whatever. But every min. is definitely too much.

Last edited:
Level 9
oic.. kk take ur time.. good luck n have fun!

erm.. the difficulty is dynamic.. if u played 1 player, there will be less enemies, if more players, there will be more enemies.. so the time taken to beat the map will not decrease much too.. i think it will be easier if more human players bcoz each of u can combine ur skills, team up to beat the enemies.. but the experience will be decreased since it will distribute to u and ur frens..

blizzard storm is just to make the map harder to beat.. so that the players will not just simply attack without any techniques.. they have to know when blizzard storm approaching, if their HP is low, they should retreat instead of just keep fighting.. if im not mistaken, the older version don have blizzard storm.. i think u can choose the difficulties at the beginning of the map rite? if the difficulty is easy, the blizzard storm comes once in a while, if it is hard, the blizzard storm comes frequently.. maybe in future, i will make it longer to come heheh..

did u try my other maps?

Level 34
Woo. Really bad terrain. Could use a lot of work there.

Other than that it looks okay. Haven't tried it though.

Level 9
lol.. thanks 4 ur support on police catch thief, don expect this map to be the same as police catch thief, coz this is not hero defense, its like an RPG map with objectives.. mostly killing creeps until finally meet the bosses, so most of the hero abilities in this map are effective against large amount of creeps, unlike PCT (hero abilities mostly effective against enemy heroes). anyway, u can try it. the AI in this map are more stupid hehe...

Level 13
I couldn't choose a difictulty at startup, it was just set to easy.
And every minute blizzard storm... again I just suggest you to remove this blizzard storm, there are hundreds of better ways to increase the difficulty and make the game harder instead of pausing player controlled heroes for some seconds every minute.

Level 9
To choose difficulty, u have to type a command. u can click the map info (F9) to see the commands available.

i see. what if i make the blizzard storm causes heroes to decrease speeds + damage + defense for few secs instead of pausing the heroes?

Level 2
wow so much screenshots! i think u r good in making maps but not good in capturing screenshots lol.. by the way, i prefer your police catch thief map

Level 2
lol! u should casts some abilities before you print the screen. If u dint casts any abilities,the screen might look "empty"

Level 2
the final boss is very hard to beat, if 1 on 1, stil ok, but he revive all the heroes to fight with the players, plus the blizard storm too! i almost game over at there. luckily i bought lots of ankh of reincarnation hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.