• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When Servers Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the map me and DesKaladA are working on for the Paired Mapping Contest #2.

Background
Once upon a time, Wc3Campaigns' server went down (again). After Tim got it back up (after being on holiday for three weeks, as usual), everything appeared to be back to normal. That is, until Ralle checked his email... it turns out Wc3c booted onto the same IP address as the hive! Oh noes!
Gameplay
  • This is a multiplayer game that supports 8 players. Players 1-4 are for the hive, and players 5-8 are for wc3c. Players 9 and 10 are computer-controlled players, one for each team. They handle all the miscellaneous stuff.
  • You start out by being presented by a bunch of presents (LOL A PUN). You do not know what's inside. When you click on one present a User from your team will appear. You are in control of that User for 30 seconds, after which point s/he will dissapear and a new User will spawn at your home base.
  • Killing an enemy Generic User (controlled by the computer players) will give the User +10 seconds if they are from wc3c, and +20 seconds if they are from hive (I will explain why later)
  • Killing an enemy Player-owned user will add +(10+(10*level)) seconds.
  • Various items are randomly spawned throughout the map, adding bonuses and time.
  • Generic users are spawned from the site's home base. For the hive they are just peons, for wc3c something else (Haven't decided yet). Because the hive is more active than wc3c, it spawns twice as many users. However because most of hive's (generic) users have an IQ of less than 80, they are far weaker than wc3c's generics. So basically two hive peons are equal to 1 wc3c generic.
  • Minigames! WSC will be utilizing WarSoc, so there are many more exciting possibilities for minigames! These minigames will only last a very short period of time (from 5 - 25 seconds), and winners will be rewarded with bonuses or extra time.
Now here's where you guys come in! Of course, what would the players control? YOU GUYS OF COURSE! Post here with the following, so I can add you to a table (it is much easier for me and DesKaladA to keep track of people that way). Here's what you post to be added to the map (please wrap it in [plain] tags so I can just copy and paste it up here instead of having to quote)

YOUR NAME [c] ICON [c] MODEL [c] ONE SPELL [r]
NameIconModelSpellAdded?

Pyritie
BTNDragonport12.jpg
Bronze DragonPolarize (a spell from my campaign)Yes

Deskalada
Dark Hunters' Hero Eant reskined for my tastes The book of PWANGE (a spell book filled with random spells) Yes

Donut3.5
Tinker Tinker Refracting Laser: Shoots off a laser that bounces around, hitting the first target it strikes for damage. Yes

HINDYhat
Kobold Geomancer Kobold Geomancer Shoveler's Rage: The Kobold digs through the ground and reappears Y times at a random position in a Z sized zone around the caster. Each time the shoveler digs out of the the ground, he stomps the ground, slowing all close enemy units and dealing damage.Yes

WILL THE ALMIGHTY
My Shadow GolemBlack Hole, please. It doesn't have to suck in units, though... it could always drain mana or slow time around it. Use this for Black Hole.Yes

UchihaSasuke.gr
Thrall Thrall Stinky Smell:Uchi releases a wave of gas that smells really bad,lowering armor of units hit and making them take damage per second.Yes

HeretoDLstuff
OgreOgerBellyflop (oger plays death animation on a unit, deals damage and maybe stuns?)Yes

The_wand_mirror
Demon Hunter Morphed (The demon thingy) Sadism - tortures the targeted doing damage to health and giving me double of the hitpoints he looses per torture interval. And when you are tortured you cant do anything back .. just wait or damage me with a spell to escape.Yes

SuPa-
Abomination Model which I will make myself, coming out after christmas Toxic Gas

Frostwhisper
Shadow Hunter Shadow Hunter A totem of fire and water. The shaman summons an immovable totem at a target location. The totem regenerates a % of mana to all nearby friendly units per second. When the totem dies, it creates a fire nova around it, dealing X damage to all enemy units in a certain radius. The totem lasts about 10 seconds or so.Yes

Kwaliti
Spirit Pig Spirit Pig Spirits of the Fallen n00bns: Summons 3 n00bns to aid Kwaliti (low damage, low hp, but they heal) Yes

FamousPker49
Chaos Blademaster Chaos Blademaster Blademasters Fury- Each consecutive hit will increase attack speed Yes

Shados
Something purple (voidwalker?)purple somethingPurple spamYes

brad.dude03
TrollTrollFLAME!Yes

Kaitech
Crypt Lord Dune Worm Poison Spit - should be like the ability where the Warden throws a dagger, and it slows and takes damage from them, do ya see where I'm going?Yes

Dr Super Good
ArchimondeArchimondeCrack JASS: Secretly changes the JASS or VJASS used to power the target WC3C member's spells causing them to have an inverted effect without the person noticing or if used on friendly THW members enhancing their spell power. Basically it will make the target enemy units casts mess up for between 1 and 3 casts causing them to harm their side (damaging spells suddenly target their units when ordered to target a THW member). This spell if targeted on friendly units causes their spells to be stronger for 1-3 casts, dealing more damage or lasting longer ect. An infinante number of units can be affected by this at once but the affects do not stack and the move will have a long cool down to stop it being too strong. Also It must not be noticable that it was cast on a unit so as to supprise them if their abilities malfunction. (This might be of help)

Mor)L(une
PaladinPaladinHammer of Terraining. Basicly just like impale, but then not stones but trees rocks and shrubs will rise from the ground and impale its target.

DarkKnight
Purple MurlocPurple Murloc"call for allies" wich makes a couple of weak murlocs around him.

Chriz.
Goblin Mortar Trike Goblin Mortar Trike (hero version) Wheelie (activate/deactivate): Morphs into wheelie mode which increases movement speed greatly and leaving a trail of flames behind his wheels which deal damage over time to units who walk on them. When in wheelie mode attack speed is decreased drastically.

HappyTauren
TaurenTauren (tinted green)Holy Shit: Creates a ward which spreads plague amongst nearby enemies. If enemy dies under this spell, a Toxic Minion will arise from its body.

THE_END
My Blood Mage skin Ability- Venom of the Deep, gives damage bonus and Slow Poison effect to attacks

General Frank
BTNDragonport2.jpg
(portrait #2)
ModelDuty of Honor - All units in a medium range around the caster get higher attack, speed, defence and regeneration. Spell's strength depends on the current mana of the caster, so it's maximum bonus would be +100%. Needs a long casting and cool down time.

Elenai
link linklink

Cavman
attachment.php
(supplied)
TheCavman(supplied) Angry Stick: Temporarily increases the melee attack power and attack rate.

MySpaceBarBroke
Fire(pandaren) Fire(Pandaren) Sarcasm Aura: A strong thorns aura that needs to be activated and drains caster's mana over time.

1)ark_NiTe
icons_154_btn.jpg
Death Knight/Squelch: Stops the enemy from casting spells for a short amount of time.

Iristle
Faerie DragonFaerie DragonMind bomb: The user attacks the target with a disruptive wave which causes the owner to lose control of the unit for 5 seconds.

Samuraid
Icon Model Stealth: Allows temp invisibility, Attack with a critical strike on reappearing

LiOneSS
LionessLionessthe spell... nah something like.. bit-rain instead of starfall :D

GreyArchon
ThisShade + Frost Shield buff graphic.Terraining. Drastically raises or lowers the terrain. If a unit is on the peak of the raised terrain when it reaches it's highest point, they freeze. (dummy frost nova) If a unit is on the bottom of the lowered terrain when it reaches it's lowest point, they burn. (dummy Flamestrike)

Rizz Boomer
iconModelChainreaction: Hurls a Bomb, wich damages an area (friend and foe) and jumps to random point within 250 to explode again. jumps 2 times explodes 3 times.

Lord_T
Grunt Early V. of my GruntMolisher LagSpike!!: AoE damage, slowing all in the AOE for 5 seconds... (based on impale)

Gilles
WildkinWildkinChance to increase attack speed by 200% (if 200 looks lame go with 100) on hit for 10 seconds or four hits!?!

Users who do not want their name in the map at all
Mini-Me, Rao Dao Zao
Powers of units will vary depending on how important they are to the site. For example Ralle and Tim. will totally OMGWTFPEWPEWLAZERZ everything, whereas someone like Flame_Phoenix might be able to pick off one or two wc3c generic users before his timer runs out.

Also keep in mind your model should reflect you in some way. So for example General Frank could use one of his draconian models. Also, YOUR CHOSEN MODEL/ICON MUST BE EITHER INGAME OR MADE BY YOURSELF. MODEL SIZE IS LIMITED TO 80KB, INCLUDING ANY CUSTOM TEXTURES.
If you contribute to both wc3c AND the hive, then post on this identical thread there too. (This is for people like Chriz)

Not everyone will be accepted; only those users who me and DesKaladA feel that they contribute to the site.

And if you're wondering "Pyritie, don't you have a campaign you should be working on?", then here's my explanation: at the moment I'm basically waiting for other people to finish my spells, animations, voice acting, etc. So there's not much I can do on it.

Last edited:
Level 8
Link598[c] Mountain King [c] Mountain King [c] Thunder struck:When you hit a unit thunder will come to the ememy unit.

Last edited:
Level 20
link598 said:
Last edited by link598 : Today at 06:49 PM. Reason: Mispelled
Oh the irony ;)

Anyway:
HINDYhat [c] Kobold Geomancer [c] Kobold Geomancer [c] Shoveler's Rage: The Kobold digs through the ground and reappears Y times at a random position in a Z sized zone around the caster. Each time the shoveler digs out of the the ground, he stomps the ground, slowing all close enemy units and dealing damage.

Level 10
Matyko [c] Shade/Voidwalker [c] Shade/Voidwalker [c] Deep Resonanse (Overwhelm the taget unit, stunning him, and causing lasting mental damage (stun+Damage over Time) [r]

Either if I get in or not, this map will RULE! :)

Last edited:
Matyko [c] Shade/Voidwalker [c] Shade/Voidwalker [c] The Power of MEH! (Overwhelm the taget unit, stunning him, and causing lasting mental damage (stun+Damage over Time) [r]

Either if I get in or not, this map will RULE! :)

Choose a better spell please.

Name: WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Icon: I'll make it, hold on.
Model: My Shadow Golem
Spell: Black Hole, please. It doesn't have to suck in units, though... it could always drain mana or slow time around it. Use this for Black Hole.

I thought you would want us to use your nuke model!

Level 4
I demand Dan Van Ohlus be in this, using none other than the Dan Van Ohlus model! Someone notify him immediately! Rar!

On a side note... this is the greatest idea for a map ever. I know my only project on here is the essentially-abandoned Tribal Wars... but very soon I'll be getting my new and hidden-until-official-beta project up and out there, after it's been re-jass-ified by my new partner. And since the only model I ever uploaded apparently corrupted any map it was uploaded to (not sure how, but it was enough to scare me from trying that again)... I'd love to show up as the following:

Zanam [c] Water Elemental [c] Water Elemental with a dark tint [c] Corrupt Model File - (based from bloodlust) Corrupts a user's model file, making it harder for them to fight on the server. Reduces attack speed and size. (perhaps tint to 0/0/0 for a loss of texture effect for duration) [r]

Zanam [c] Water Elemental [c] Water Elemental with a dark tint [c] Corrupt Model File - (based from bloodlust) Corrupts a user's model file, making it harder for them to fight on the server. Reduces attack speed and size. (perhaps tint to 0/0/0 for a loss of texture effect for duration) [r]

Sorry, but you're not known enough. I can't have everyone in this, because otherwise it'd be too crammed.

Level 4
I thought not. Good luck on the map regardless. I have a feeling it'll be rough to get all the names that should be in this to reply with their respective characters.

Perhaps when I get Holiday Hell released I'll get a little bit more known... or I could release my SMB voice pack... hrm...

I thought not. Good luck on the map regardless. I have a feeling it'll be rough to get all the names that should be in this to reply with their respective characters.

If they don't reply I'll just have to make them up. All moderators from both sites will be in this.

Name: The Trunkow
Storyline: A cattle truck and a Chemical X truck crashed into a giant skunk. What came out of the smoldering wreckage? A skunk, cow, and a truck, all combined with superpowers!!!
Icon: Oger (Unless you can find a more fitting one for the storyline.)
Model: Oger (Unless you can find a more fitting one for the storyline.)
Spell: Bellyflop (oger plays death animation on a unit, deals damage and maybe stuns?) Stink Cloud ( Gosh, a skunk and a smelly cow with super stink gots to be a AWFULLY stong smell!! You can dicide how this one works, but if you dont have any ideas, I can dicide..)

EDIT: after lookin at the first post, I can only have one spell, I gusse...
If I think of anymore spells ill tell you...

The Trunkow\heretodlstuff [c] Oger [c] Oger [c] Bellyflop (oger plays death animation on a unit, deals damage and maybe stuns?) [r]

Level 15
Name: The Trunkow
Storyline: A cattle truck and a Chemical X truck crashed into a giant skunk. What came out of the smoldering wreckage? A skunk, cow, and a truck, all combined with superpowers!!!
Icon: Oger (Unless you can find a more fitting one for the storyline.)
Model: Oger (Unless you can find a more fitting one for the storyline.)
Spell: Bellyflop (oger plays death animation on a unit, deals damage and maybe stuns?) Stink Cloud ( Gosh, a skunk and a smelly cow with super stink gots to be a AWFULLY stong smell!! You can dicide how this one works, but if you dont have any ideas, I can dicide..)

EDIT: after lookin at the first post, I can only have one spell, I gusse...
If I think of anymore spells ill tell you...

The Trunkow\heretodlstuff [c] Oger [c] Oger [c] Bellyflop (oger plays death animation on a unit, deals damage and maybe stuns?) [r]

you have one hero spscifc spell
each hero is going to have a basic spell book
(srpint slow etc)

EDIT

YOUR NAME [SuPa-] ICON [Abomination] MODEL [My abomination model which will come out after christmas] ONE SPELL [Toxic Gas]

supa i need it by dec 30 so wehn you can pm me the link

Level 4
I'd love to see some original abilities in regards to forum-modding or resource creation, for comic relief. It'd be great to 'ban', 'kick', 'flame', 'troll', things along those lines. 'Geoset merge', 'over-complex jass', and others with WC3 terminology would make for some great laughs as well. But of course, it's up to the mods to decide their abilities, not trying to step on any toes. Just hoping for some good creativity :D

I'll be following this thread closely, and will be anxiously awaiting it's first release.

I'd love to see some original abilities in regards to forum-modding or resource creation, for comic relief. It'd be great to 'ban', 'kick', 'flame', 'troll', things along those lines. 'Geoset merge', 'over-complex jass', and others with WC3 terminology would make for some great laughs as well. But of course, it's up to the mods to decide their abilities, not trying to step on any toes. Just hoping for some good creativity :D

Ralle's ability will be "Banhammer".

I am so in. I haven't made a model of my new avatar though, so I'll use my old DvO model and icons and add spells that fits for this character.

Team: Wc3Campaigns
Main Attribute: Intelligence
Strength: 13
Agility: 16
Intelligence: 22
Range: 900
Missile: Pheonix missile
Voice: Varimathras
Movement: Hover
Model size: 2.00
Scaling projectiles: False
Attack speed: Something like the Lich maybe?

Spells:

Non-Learning spells:

-Flaming scents (or something more creative name)- [Passive]
(modified Pheonix Fire ability).
Uses Incinerate icon.

Hero spells:

-Rain of Lightning- [Area of Effect]
(modified Blizzard, shall not damage friendly/ally units)
Icon
Model

-Soul Absorption- [Target]
Drains health and mana of enemy target for an amount of seconds.
(modified Drain Life or Siphon Mana, with some kind of a red ray)
Icon

-Discourage Aura- [Passive]
Makes enemy units tremble with fear when Dan van Ohllus is nearby, reducing their speed and attack rate.
(modified Endurance Aura, that uses the ingame Vampiric Potion buff)
Icon

-Flame Strike- (in case the hero is going to learn 5 spells, else omitt it)
(The standard WC3 spell)
Use the standard icon.

Ultimate:

-Symbol of Death- [Click to cast]
Marks the ground with the symbol of darkness as pure evil empowered energies spill forth to destroy Dan van Ohllus's foes. Last XX seconds.
Spell (modify the spell so I can attack heroes too, but reduce the damage a bit so I won't get too imba)
Icon

EDIT:
Dan van Ohllus [c] Icon [c] Model [c] Symbol of Death [r]

-Symbol of Death-
Marks the ground with the symbol of darkness as pure evil empowered energies spill forth to destroy Dan van Ohllus's foes. Last XX seconds.
Spell (modify the spell so I can attack heroes too, but reduce the damage a bit so I won't get too imba)
Icon

Level 12
Chaos Overlord [c]Icon[c] Model [c] Napalm Bullets: Adds a napalm coating to the bullets dealing X fire damage to the target isntantly. Has a Y% cahnce of dealing Z damage over (Another variable) seconds. [r]

If the spell is too strong, take out the Damage over time, but thats only if you think its too good.

Level 4
I am so in.

Huzzah! This will be the user I look forward to getting.

In regards to the banhammer... is it going to zap a user off the field and prevent that user type from ever entering for the rest of the game like a true banhammer would? Unless the user-type count is insanely high, it seems like something like that would be hard to balance... but it would be great, nonetheless.

In regards to the banhammer... is it going to zap a user off the field and prevent that user type from ever entering for the rest of the game like a true banhammer would? Unless the user-type count is insanely high, it seems like something like that would be hard to balance... but it would be great, nonetheless.

It'd probably be a modified version of Banish.

I am so in. I haven't made a model of my new avatar though, so I'll use my old DvO model and icons and add spells that fits for this character.

Do you want to be on Wc3c's side as well? You're active over there too.

Level 4
Could you make the users as heroes, which would give you the advantage of letting us have a hero name as well, this'd be handy to further customize people.

Name: Amadi (Remove the "TheGreat" from the end of it, it's lame but Amadi was taken when i started WC3. I own account named Amadi now, so it shouldn't insult anyone either.)
Class Name: Black Light (Obviously only if you add Class Names.)
Icon: Wisp. (If you care to re-colour this to dark, it'd be nice.)
Model: Wisp. (Vertex coloured to completely black. Floating at height of flying units.)
Spell: Artistic Approach (AOE target spell, when casted this messes totally up with terrain at that spot, creating random doodads, destroying doodads, causing terrain reformations, changing colours of every unit in there, making them partially or wholly transparent. In addition to that all units in that area become totally confused, and their eyes burn from all the uglyness. Their sight range is reduced to 0 and they are issued random orders for few seconds.)

Attachement use the same color taint of the unit it's attached.

Edit remake hero :

I might join the Wc3campaigns team.As there is no space for using cutom model anymore,I choose the sludge.I'm wc3campaigns team only but i post here just in case w3campaigns goes downtime.

Name : Callahan
Icon : Sludge monster (green one from dalaran)
Model : Sludge monster (green one from dalaran)
Spell : Internalization - Callahan suffer in silence.He internalize damage without replying till he explode.Callahan store a % of taken damage and can release it into big explosion dealing AoE damage equal to the amount of stored damage.
The size of the unit increase while storing damage.Eventually add a stored damage cap.

Last edited:
Could you make the users as heroes, which would give you the advantage of letting us have a hero name as well, this'd be handy to further customize people.

They already are heroes.

Name: Amadi (Remove the "TheGreat" from the end of it, it's lame but Amadi was taken when i started WC3. I own account named Amadi now, so it shouldn't insult anyone either.)
Class Name: Black Light (Obviously only if you add Class Names.)
Icon: Wisp. (If you care to re-colour this to dark, it'd be nice.)
Model: Wisp. (Vertex coloured to completely black. Floating at height of flying units.)
Spell: Artistic Approach (AOE target spell, when casted this messes totally up with terrain at that spot, creating random doodads, destroying doodads, causing terrain reformations, changing colours of every unit in there, making them partially or wholly transparent. In addition to that all units in that area become totally confused, and their eyes burn from all the uglyness. Their sight range is reduced to 0 and they are issued random orders for few seconds.)
You're not important enough, sorry.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Name - Dr Super Good
Model - Blood Mage
Spell - Crack JASS: Secretly changes the JASS or VJASS used to power the target WC3C member's spells causing them to have an inverted effect without the person noticing or if used on friendly THW members enhancing their spell power. Basically it will make the target enemy units casts mess up for between 1 and 3 casts causing them to harm their side (damaging spells suddenly target their units when ordered to target a THW member). This spell if targeted on friendly units causes their spells to be stronger for 1-3 casts, dealing more damage or lasting longer ect. An infinante number of units can be affected by this at once but the affects do not stack and the move will have a long cool down to stop it being too strong. Also It must not be noticable that it was cast on a unit so as to supprise them if their abilities malfunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.