• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report Thread

Level 18
All of the known bugs or problems in need of fixing for Against the Darkness are found here. If you have discovered a bug, post it in a reply and it will be added to the list if it is indeed one.

• Income notification floating text shows through fog of war [Fixed in Version 2.1d]
  • Vanish tool-tip wrongly says the hotkey is 'I', but it is actually 'V' [Fixed in Version 2.1d]
  • 'Commands' topic in the Info(F9) menu icon shows as an invalid icon [Fixed in Version 2.1d]
  • Income staying disabled after a Hero is respawned [WFixed in Version 2.1d]
  • Heroes still able to be killed during the Doom cinematic [Fixed in Version 2.1d]
  • Minimap pings from Hints still show to those who have disabled Hints. [Fixed in Version 2.1d]
  • Nether Walker's 'decay' animation is the same as 'stand' animation. [Fixed in Version 2.1d]
  • Death notification showing to a Player in the Death Knight win cinematic once their Hero is slew. [Fixed in Version 2.1e]
  • Swift Shot not working [Fixed in Version 2.1e]
  • Shared Vision in Doom for some reason not working anymore [Fixed in Version 2.2]
  • Cinematics don't hide units anymore for some reason [Fixed in Version 2.4b]
  • Death Knight notification of how many Hunters are left alive sometimes has a negative amount left [Fixed in Version 2.5]
  • Mechanical Hologram hotkey is H, which is for Hold Position. [Fixed in Version 2.5]
  • If the Host waits too long to choose the Game Mode, their choice dialog will bug for the rest of the game. [Fixed in Version 2.5]
  • For whatever reason, sometimes the victory cinematic does not trigger. [Fix attempted in Version 2.5a, fixed later in 2.6]
  • If a Player leaves in Death Match while their Hero is respawning, their status will not change to disconnected. [Fixed in Version 2.5c]
  • The Architect cannot be chosen in Players Choose Heroes mode. [Fixed in Version 2.5c]
  • Victory conditions not working properly. [Fixed in Version 2.6]
  • Vote Kick amount of players needed not in-sync with how many players actually in game. [Fixed in Version 2.7f]
  • When attempting to buy more than one elite item, the item IS taken away but you currently are NOT refunded the gold. [Fixed in Version 2.7g]
  • Critical error occurs when Archichaos obelisks have nowhere to plant. [Fixed in Version 2.85]
  • Death Knight replacement system fails to have Death Hunters treat the new Knight as an enemy. [Fixed in 2.85b]
  • Hero count being off in Death Match mode [Fixed in 2.88b]
  • Victory not triggering when Death Hunters win... this bug is back again. [Fixed in 2.89c]
  • Weary Ghost not talking to the Death Knight. [Fixed in 2.89c]
  • The status of Player 1 (Red) remains "n/a" in DM AR mode. [Fixed in 2.89c]
  • In AR mode, Death Knight is still prompted to choose a Death Knight even though it will be randomly chosen no matter the knight that is selected. [Fixed in Version 2.94b]
  • After cinematic plays when the Death Hunters destroy the Nether Portal, if the Death Knight leaves a second cinematic will run. [Fixed in 2.95]
  • Drunken Rocket causes a desync to Player 11 whenever it is cast. [Fixed in Version 3.0.1c]
  • Massive lag spikes when a Hero has Fyre-Storm's Flame Blade (FSFB) and Sacred Force Blade (SFB) and is taking damage from 15+ Nether Fiends during Doom. The problem is compounded by Spirit Link. The chance to energy pulse granted by the SFB is considered when a unit takes damage. Thus, fire damage on multiple units from the FSFB in combination with Spirit Link damaging multiple units at once causes this trigger to fire an extremely high amount of times per second. [Fixed in 3.0.2b]
  • Death Knight will sometimes not appear in his victory cinematic due to Shadow Meld or Ghost Walk invisibility. [Fixed in 3.0.2c]
  • AI Death Knight will occasionally get stuck during scripted movement. [Fixed in 3.0.2c]
  • AI Death Knight essentially stops when no creeps are left on the map and no enemy Heroes are in range. [Fixed in 3.1.0]
  • AI Death Knight will sometimes attempt to target the Neutral Passive NPC Heroes. [Fixed in 3.1.1]
  • Aura of Regeneration icon is missing (green). [Fixed in 3.1.0]
  • Carrion Lord's quest text is outdated, should be updated to reflect recent changes. [Fixed in 3.1.0]
  • Village Porter collision size allows him to run through trees. [Fixed in 3.1.2]
  • Village Porter collision size allows him to run into deep water and out of bounds, causing him to die. Fun stuff. [Fixed in 3.1.2]
  • Frozen Blast can be cast with no cooldown or mana cost when stopped during spell channeling. [Fixed in 3.1.2]
  • Nature's Protection buff does not appear over tree and True Sight is not granted. [Fixed in 3.1.2]
  • Swift Shot triggers damage when Iced Arrow is cast. [Fixed in 3.1.2]

Reported DateBug TypeDescriptionStatusStatus Date
03/26/2016AbilityCancelling channel on Feast causes indefinite stunFix Released08/28/2016
05/16/2016UICloak of Shadows Shadowmeld ability icon pushes other ability icons out of tree.No fix available05/16/2016
05/16/2016CinematicDeath Knight absent from victory cinematic if Nether Portal is destroyed.Fix Released08/28/2016
05/16/2016CinematicOrc Death Knight faces wrong direction in Death Knight victory cinematic.Fix Released08/28/2016
05/19/2016ItemElite item refund permanently leaves attribute boosts from removed item.Fix Released08/28/2016
09/26/2016QuestIn the Carrion Lord's Lost Beetles, the second beetle does not return to the Crypt when located.Fixed, Pending Release06/11/2017
02/16/2017QuestDeath Knight can repeat Game Keeper's Challenge multiple times.Researching06/11/2017
06/07/2019DesyncGame randomly desyncs post Patch 1.31Researching06/07/2019

Last edited:
Level 18
Oh and there is one where if i have all heros dead i still dont pwn u

:cry:

That happens when someone leaves in normal game play without their hero being dead. It doesn't occur in Death Match mode though and normally wont be an issue. But it is being worked on. I'm so sorry for the sloppy updating lately :|

Level 18
Dude, holy shit. It's 2015!

I am going to play this map so much again.

Yes, it is 2015! I'm excited to still be supporting this map. I know much more about what I'm doing these days, so the quality of these updates keeps getting better and better. In addition to these bug fixes I also intend to add more uses for AtD Points and explore Death Hunter AI.

San

San

Level 32
Big Bad Bug

Hi,I found that Frozen Archer's ultimate can be casted without any cooldown and manacost. D:
Here's the thing,you click Frozen Blast,the blasts are shot and deals damage before the cooldown,there is about 0.5 second channeling time before it go to cooldown,so if you click "s" (stop) immediately after casting Frozen blast,the skill won't go cooldown,by doing it repeatly the Frozen Archer can kill everyone within 5 seconds.Check my attachment!
Sorry for my bad grammar. :xxd:

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_111515_175214_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_111515_175214_01.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 283
Level 4
Hey, I've found a rather large bug: When you buy an elite item from the Merchant Ship of Treasures after already having bought one(so you already have 1 in inventory), it says it refunds the money but in actuality, you get a 2nd elite item's stats for free. You can even see the visual effect it has on your hero. So if you spam this for a while you will have completely high and broken stats.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_051916_101124_02.tga
    4 MB · Views: 316
Level 18
Hey, I've found a rather large bug

Great find. This has probably been in AtD since the introduction of that refund system. It looks like that because Elite items are defined as "undroppable", their boosts are applied permanently to the Hero even when the item is force removed from the game. I'm working to figure out how exactly to remedy this. I have a number of ideas, one of which is to remove the "undroppable" status of the item. Thanks!

Level 2
Latest wc3 version has made this unplayable. It's causing desnyc issues. Could you please fix this, so we can continue to enjoy this masterpiece?

Level 18
Latest wc3 version has made this unplayable. It's causing desnyc issues. Could you please fix this, so we can continue to enjoy this masterpiece?

That's super unfortunate! I will take a look over the weekend and see if I can figure out what's going on. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to untangle.

Do you have any more detail around when this seems to happen? Any info I can use to chase this down would be helpful. Does it seem related to timing, or a spell ability, or any particular in game event?

Thank you SpiritBob for the report!

Last edited:
Level 2
That's super unfortunate! I will take a look over the weekend and see if I can figure out what's going on. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to untangle.

Do you have any more detail around when this seems to happen? Any info I can use to chase this down would be helpful. Does it seem related to timing, or a spell ability, or any particular in game event?

Thank you SpiritBob for the report!

Yes, it happened immediately when the map loaded. In the case I'm describing, 3 people de-synced, and the end-game trigger (the one prompting you your Atd Rank, which in our case is always Atd Noob, and allowing you to -save) triggered, forcing the game to end after 2 minutes elapsed.

Last edited: