• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tinker Paintball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Tinker Paintball v2.15c
Hell0 again everyone!!!

I have a map in the Maps section named :fp: Tinker Paintball v2.15c

Minimap Preview
maps_5179_minimap.jpg

Resource Moderator
Approved
Craka_J: Well made map. I found this map to be fun :D
Approved.

Change Log
Version 1.14:
-Minor Bug Fixes
-Items added (invisibility, invulnerability, illusion potions)
Version 1.14b:
-A major bug fix concerning the Paintball Potion
-New projectiles art
Version 2.0:
-Weapon attachements to Tinkers
-Weather commands (-weather rain, -weather snow, -weather wind, -weather sun)
-Special Mode: Sheep Mode (-sheep) --> The sheep mode is a special mode, where players meet sheep and a special Black Sheep. If you kill the Black Sheep, you'll get its artifact that has the Blink ability.
Version 2.01:
-Major bug fixes
-Smoother AI Gameplay
-Sheep Mode Bug Fixed
-Black Sheep Artifact Bug Fixed
Version 2.02:
-New Mode: Pumpkin Mode (Spawns 20 Pumpkins and makes them drop gold. 6gold = 1x Pumpkin Helmet, that boosts movement speed for 10 seconds!)
-Minor Bug Fixes
-Smoother AI Gameplay
Version 2.03:
-New weather effects -> blizzard, thunderstorm.
-New modes: -onlyday, -onlynight (stack with special modes -sheep and -pumpkin)
Version 2.04:
-New mode: -vampire (vampires with special drops appear) ->does not stack with any other mode (weather, day-night, special modes)
-Dodge added: Possibility to dodge an attack is 28%. Dodging an attack will not guarantee you staying alive, but you will have some extra seconds to use an item or even attack and kill your opponent!
-Minor Bug Fixes
-Smoother AI Gameplay concerning all the special modes
Version 2.05:
-Major bug fixes
-Bounty-like system added to Tinkers
-Vampire Mode weather fix -> Blizzard was not the normal weather. It now is Rays of Moonlight!
Version 2.06:
-Smoother AI Gameplay
-Paintball's Wandering Goblin Merchant: A Zeppelin has been added. It moves round the map and stops near special locations. It sells Grenades (x5).
-New Item: Grenades -> Grenades have area damage effect and they cost 4 gold. You can buy them from the Wandering Merchant in packages of 5. Be careful and target right on sight, when using them (remember to remain a little further from the area where you fire them).
-Vampire flying height lowered to be easier for players to spot.
-Minor Bug Fixes
Version 2.07:
-Major Bug Fixes
-Grenade Bug Fixed!!!
-Dodge rate increased so that you may dodge almost 1/3 of the attacks
-Smoother AI Gameplay (Probably it won't need any more changes and rebalancements i hope!)
Version 2.08:
-2 New Items added ->1. Cluster Grenade (blows over your head and damages the nearby players -8 damage) 2. Red Rocket (Special Rocket that stuns another tinker for 4 seconds -2 damage)
-Tinker Life extended to 10HP!!!
Version 2.09:
-Changed item models
-Minor Bug Fixes
Version 2.10:
-Game Interface changed a little (many changes in player panel)
-Minor Bug Fixes
-Paintball Trader bug fixed
Version 2.11:
-Game interface changes
-New item -> poison missile (damages an enemy over time)
Version 2.12:
-Minor Bug Fixes
-Weapon System (3 weapons added)
Version 2.13:
-Weapon System Update (7 weapons in total with different damage and attack speed)
-Merchant pathing changed (now moves round the center of the map)
Version 2.14:
-Weapon System icons added
-Game interface improvement
-Minor bug fixes
-Weapon system update -> weapons work more "efficiently" than before
Version 2.14b:
-Weapon Bug Fixes
-Projectile Bug Fixes
-Other minor bug fixes
Version 2.15:
-Earthquake effect added (-earthquakeon\-earthquakeoff)
-HP Amount changes
Version 2.15b:
-Earthquake bugs fixed
-Headshot Chance added (24% to get a headshot which means 20-30 damage)
Version 2.15c:
-Dodge chance lowered - now 21%
-Headshot Chance lowered - now 20%
Version 2.15c (2nd edition):
-A little attachment fix - weapon attachements are more stable now!
Version 2.16:
-New weapon -> Pistol
-New mode -> Armaggedon (-armaggedon): meteors falling from the sky all the time and Tinkers that use fire to fight each other
-New items: Shields-> 3 different shields, 1 with 4 extra life and 2 defense, 1 with 1 defense and 18% extra move speed and 1 with 1 extra defense and 16% extra shoot speed
-New trader in the middle of the map (he doesn't move) -> he is the shields trader
-Minor Bug Fixes, concerning mode bugs

attachment.php
A player with an AK-47 as a weapon and a Death Shield
attachment.php
The Armaggedon mode that first appeared in v2.16
attachment.php
The Wandering Zeppelin Merchant, who will provide you with grenades and other things that you may find really useful

Further Development

How are ye doin? Well, if you ask me I'd say quite fine, BUT i need a lot of help with a project (otherwise I wouldn't start this thread)!!!

The problem is that whatever I do I can't make a new version cause I lack ideas. Any ideas. Plz test it and leave comments as well if you try it out. And remember that I want to make Paintball move even to a higher level!!! I tried a lot of things but it's a dead end I suppose. Anyway help me out fast, cause i need all the help I can get to make a new version of Tinker Paintball, even a new map upload (maybe Advanced Tinker Paintball) that will be a lot different from the old classic Paintball. So...:confused:?

Attachments

• w3x.gif
    w3x.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Level 32
Hawk07 said:
I am now making a manual on a map I have created (Tinker Paintball) and I wanted to ask where shall I post the manual when it's complete. Which forum is appropriate about this?
Wolverabid said:
Here's what I have done.

1. Moved your existing thread Tinker Paintball I NEED HELP PLZ from the Idea Factory to the Map Development forum.

2. Renamed the thread.

3. Edited the post to include some of the information from the resource's page.
The rest will now be up to you, Hawk07. You may now develop the new thread however you like to include your manual, screenshots of the map... whatever you feel is necessary.
You are all set up, Hawk07!

Level 10
Thank you sooooo much Wolverabid!!! I really appreciate your help!!! (+rep)

What shall I tell about it? Ok, I get it. I shall describe some things. It's a small map, where you start off with a Tinker and choose a weapon. Your objective is to eliminate other players as fast as possible and, as always, without dying. Well, that's easy to say but hard to do. Many times your attacks miss or you may be hit from a headshot. There are some modes as well:
-sheep -> makes the map full of sheep and also summons a black sheep. The player that kills it gets a blink item.
-pumpkin -> the map is full of pumpkins that move around and are worth 2 gold (you can also buy an item from their king in the middle of the map)
-vampire -> it creates vampires that may drop (the chance is about 10%) a good item

There are weather efects and some environment effects. A new version will be out in the next 2-3 days having Armaggedon mode and some new features, introducing 4 new weapons (I am not sure if the weapons will be in this version or the next).

I want to post a manual, but can I ask one thing: Is there any FREE program that transforms .doc files to .pdf files? Any links?

More info coming soon! And you can ask me as well about more info or post comments for my map. Ideas and suggestion are always appreciated, as well as telling me bugs that you may encounter (I hope you won't)!!!

Level 1
Well nice job in 2.16! Armaggedon mode is a huge development and the whole thing is hilarious. Tons of changes man. How about a pirate or cowbow mode? And a ninja mode with shurikens? My ideas. Also there are no bugs so stop saying "if you encounter any bugs inform me". It's bug-free Hawk07. Good job.

Level 10
Tinker Paintball Manual for version 2.16

The manual for Tinker Paintball is out. Download it right here! Please tell me what more should I add. I know it's very small, but it's a start-off point for newbies. This way everyone will have the chance to learn how to play, so nobody calls them a n00b. Check the manual out please....

UndeadElf, your ideas are very very nice. I was going to make a Ninja mode with shurikens. About the others I will start planning a cowboy and pirate mode or so (or maybe no new mode but a hats trader!).
About the bug thing I want to know if someone encounters any, cause I have not much time to test it online or do something to fix them when I release the version. Most of them are minor, but if you encounter any, I MUST fix it. You see most of the versions have a minor bug fixes in the changelog, which means I always find bugs to fix!:p

Attachments

• Tinker Paintball Official Manual for v2.16.pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 399
Level 16
Now I've played it, and its like Vuen's paintball arena with your extra stuff in it. I saw you put his name on the quests (or just forgat to remove it? :p), but in here and in loading screen you are claiming full credits for everything in the map. That's just not right. When you are just editing the map, you need to make it very clear to everyone that you are just editing it.
Do you also have Vuen's permission to edit his map?

Level 10
Actually I put it there cause i was planning to remove credits from the loading screen completely. I decided to put my name in the loading screen, but I will change it in the next version and it will display only my e-mail (I was planning to do this in this version but forgot to)! Abot Vuen and the map:
I found this map while playing in Battle.net from a guy named Vuen in Northrend and thought the map was his. And one more question about that: is Vuen's Paintball arena in this server somewhere? I searched the maps section with both Vuen and Paintball as clues together and seperated but nothing... Where can I find it?

To end with, I want to tell you that I don't claim credit for all the work done, but most of the work is mine, except from the base of the map which I can't refuse that is someone else's. I liked the map and worked on it to make it even better. I appreciate the work of its creator (Vuen of Hive or Vuen of Northrend I don't know - I am confused)... If you are able to, can you ask him for me cause I have too little time? And tell me if he allows me to... And one more thing: can you find out who is that Vuen in Northrend that claimed the map is his and allowed me to modify? Thanks!!!

Level 16
And one more question about that: is Vuen's Paintball arena in this server somewhere? I searched the maps section with both Vuen and Paintball as clues together and seperated but nothing... Where can I find it?

It hasnt been submitted to hive, or any other site I know. I have it on my maps folder.

To end with, I want to tell you that I don't claim credit for all the work done, but most of the work is mine, except from the base of the map which I can't refuse that is someone else's. I liked the map and worked on it to make it even better. I appreciate the work of its creator (Vuen of Hive or Vuen of Northrend I don't know - I am confused)...

Make that very clear what you just said in the map.

If you are able to, can you ask him for me cause I have too little time? And tell me if he allows me to... And one more thing: can you find out who is that Vuen in Northrend that claimed the map is his and allowed me to modify? Thanks!!!

I dont have the time to run around on your business. It's your job to contact him and ask for permission.

Level 10
Ok, I will keep working and nexti version will have credits done a little more specific. Loading screen will have no credits from now on, but only contact e-mail. About contacting him, I think I can't but if the map was open, I think it was open so that people can mod. I found the map modded already and since it's not in any site, I believe I can still mod it as far as I give credit to the original creator. Right? If he didn't like it modded, he would have protected it. I don't protect the map as well, cause I want to see it modded by someone else even if I don't like their work. I cant contact him at least not now, so I will keep it up without his permission and let's hope he won't get angry on me when he learns it and that he will let me keep up my work. Anyway, put this thing apart cause this thread is open for people to talk about the map and not about its copyright things. So, let's talk bout the map from now on a little more seriously!

Level 10
New Version Coming!!!

Dear fans of Tinker Paintball,
Well I know there's months since I last updated this thrad and the map as well! So, the thread is revived and so is the whole project! The map will be soon re-uploaded with many additions and new things, you've never imagined. I will be making tons of things that you will like in my opinion. So, hold on till the map is ready (maybe very soon)!

Please give feedback and suggest me what you would like to see as well as some modes and things you want me to add. I will be glad to make the game even better!

BTW Can anyone help me making some part of the text able to be hidden and revealed. This way I will hide information about older versions and make visible the last information.

Cya!

P.S. I am really sorry for double-posting in this thread, but there's no other way to do this!

Level 10
Well, I am planning to do so, but I need the Hide/Reveal function thing to make the description easier to read.

About the new project:
The map will be like before, but with better terrain, more weapons and some extra things like SMOKE GRENADES!!! This is a brand new feature. As well as this, there's a secret version 2.17 that was never uploaded here in THW. This version will be used as a startyp point. I don't want to overwrite the old map, so I will upload a new one that will now be called Tinker Paintball 2: Goblins Strike Back! It will feature many more things than before. I will make it more enjoyable than ever and I may add a timer set change for player 1 to choose how long he/she wants thegame to last. Probably time will be 10/15/20/25 mins. A 5 min mode is very short for new players to learn how to play, but will guarantee no leavers at all. Anyway, I will keep on wokring!

Status
Not open for further replies.