• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

City Of Drugs (hive contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
You are looking at the winner of the Paired Mapping Contest #1

once in- The City Of Drugs

-------------------------------
DOWNLOAD FULLY ILLUSTRATED GUIDE
Download the map HERE
-------------------------------

The map is based on cooperative gameplay where you will have Commanders and Servants.

Before you jump to early conclusions, THIS IS NOT LOAP, however it uses the same concept.

City Of Drugs is basicly a 'Live A Life' map where you can be a citizen, join mafia gang, police force or become a drugdealer. You can buy houses, marry, become a mayor, farmer, cook, buy cars, units, go to prison, report crimes, upgrade etc.
However, next to the main idear it has nothing to do with loap.
The main differences are:
There is a goal, each job has promotion levels, players are balanced, every player can be anything he wants (police, drug, mafia, cook, mailman, farmer), terrain, minimum on memory leaks, nice custom models, intensive gameplay and other

Every player will start the game as a citizen and will be forced to join Mafia, Drug or Police force. Ones joined u can still do side jobs as cook, farmer, delivery boy etc
There are also a lot of map activities during the game: Animals escaping from the zoo, hooligans going trashing the streets, mafia gangs fighting for territory etc. You can also buy guns and weapons or even buy an Armor/Mech that can we worn by the hero

----------------------------------------------------
On 21/07 Ive had my first mini-test on BNet with 3 friends and they all loved it!!!!
On 19/08 had my second friend-test on Bnet with the unfinnished version of my map. After 1h + playing it was rated with 6/10 for the gameplay and 9/10 originality. Perfect if u ask me, as i havent even started on the gameplay part yet.
---------------------------------------------------

Progress:
Terrein 90%
Triggers 95%
Models 99%
Gameplay 99%
Items/Abilities/Spells/Units 95%

Some screenshots below

copsX.jpg

http://www.genteamarilla.com/images/EDUARDO GARZA/krillin01.jpg

Animations
Just the aminations that are needed
Birth
Death
Attack (attack 2 )
Cast (something with putting to hands together, strenching in direction of the target)

The filesize should be as small as possible.

Attachments

• Chopper.jpg
    Chopper.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 713
  • swat3.JPG
    swat3.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,738
  • Minimap.jpg
    Minimap.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 947
  • helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 568
  • NewMinimap.jpg
    NewMinimap.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 353
  • COD_Guide_Pics.doc
    994 KB · Views: 1,946
Last edited:
Level 3
NICE , i think you should add, (swat is S.W.A.T. ) that uve actualy made a decent map with models in , as apposed to LOAP which since its mapsteal off origional creator has become a freefor all of clan advertising and noobing off over a once decent map , GL (i know im also in comp and shud b competative but its cool) also, whered u get chopper mod ?
check out ma map tread im doing 1 with log n stuff

Level 4
loaps get boring, when i join one anyways i just see tons of 10 yr olds screaming: LET ME BE MAFIA PLZPZLPZLPLZ or IM LEAVING IF I HAVE TO BE CITIZEn

Level 10
Stars-Zombe, lol, didnt i explain it in my first post? Ill quote it:
However, next to the main idear it has nothing to do with loap.
The main differences are:
There is a goal, each job has promotion levels, players are balanced, every player can be anything he wants (police, drug, mafia, cook, mailman, farmer), terrain, minimum on memory leaks, nice custom models, intensive gameplay and other
Look at my youtube video, this map has nothing from loap

Level 4
Stars-Zombe, lol, didnt i explain it in my first post? Ill quote it:

Look at my youtube video, this map has nothing from loap

sorry i was up the whole night before when i posted that and i was obviously out of it and was pissy, thanks for not exploding on me.
i see the differences..but people are still going to favor mafia/cops over jobs such as a mailman, because those jobs let you shoot and kill people. o.o

Level 10
every player can be anything he wants (police, drug, mafia, cook, mailman, farmer

The idea still seems to be the same.

You can buy houses, marry, become a mayor, farmer, cook, buy cars, units, go to prison

A better done loap with more features.

The map will be good, but the originality will be none.... Except for the car crushing....thats just cool.

Hey Pepper,if all goes well,after the contest,wadya say you and I work on a melee-type map of my project in one giant forest,like what happens after the campaign I'll submit for the contest.
I'll just put in the teams so the units match the villages,work on the caves and some key units from the campaign,you do what you think would work well on it,and I can get my friend to do some extra testing.

Level 2
This certainly looks like a lot of fun, and a lot better than LOAP (even if the basic premise is the same). How did you get that support column ("car crusher") to move up and down? Making it a unit and changing it's flying height?

Level 10
Yes, first of all it has to be a FLYING unit with 0 movement speed and invulnarable.
Than i used this trigger:
  • car demolisher
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 064 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is Mechanical) Equal to True
      • DemolisherStatus Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Set DemolisherStatus = 1
      • Animation - Change Car Demolisher 0182 <gen> flying height to 150.00 at 50.00
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units in Region 064 <gen> matching (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is Mechanical) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    • Conditions
                      • PlayersSide[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] Not equal to 1
                      • And - All (Conditions) are true
                        • Conditions
                          • PlayersSide[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] Equal to 1
                          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                            • Conditions
                              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Gold Wagon
                              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Evidence Truck
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set TempPlayerGroup = (Player group((Owner of (Picked unit))))
                  • Game - Display to TempPlayerGroup for 3.00 seconds the text: ( |cff808080(Car Junk |cffFFFF00$ + ((String(((Level of (Picked unit)) x (Integer((Percentage life of (Picked unit))))))) + |cff808080)))
                  • Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_TempPlayerGroup )
                  • Player - Add ((Level of (Picked unit)) x (Integer((Percentage life of (Picked unit))))) to (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current gold
                    • If - Conditions
                      • PlayersSide[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] Equal to 2
                      • SuccessLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] Less than 150
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set SuccessLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = (SuccessLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] + 5)
                      • Set TempPlayerGroup = (Player group((Owner of (Picked unit))))
                      • Game - Display to TempPlayerGroup for 3.00 seconds the text: ...
                      • Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_TempPlayerGroup )
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Explode (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempUnitGroup)
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units in Region 064 <gen> matching (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True))
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of Region 065 <gen>)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to TempPoint
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempUnitGroup)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change Car Demolisher 0182 <gen> flying height to (Default flying height of Car Demolisher 0182 <gen>) at 50.00
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Set DemolisherStatus = 0

Nice,oh and y'know,you should add a Smoke Bomb ability to some of your S.W.A.T forces,heres how i'd do it:
Edit Pocket Factory
Change the unit spawning stats to 0
Change the Factory unit to a grenade-like prop(I use Thunderlizard Egg)
Change the effect or buff so it has a different read out on its timer.
Create a trigger like...
Event - Unit is Spawned/Summoned
Condition - Spawned Unit is equal to Smoke Grenade
Action - Make unit cast Cloud
(Edit the item Cloud ability for it,then just make a new Cloud for items.)

If you want a simple grenade,just switch it around a bit,Grenade instead of Smoke Grenade,give the Factory Unit an AOE ability like a goblin mine,and in the trigger,set it so when it dies,the egg or whatever actually blows up,I use the Neutral Building explosion below the Doodads in the unit editor.

Good luck,Pepper,and remember,you only kick ass when you can lift your leg higher than your hip.Never fear old people!

Level 25
To be honest, the YouTube video isn't very motivating. Doesn't show what the point of the game is and barely any action besides the car being crushed. Music is funny though, doesn't even go with the video lol
The project sounds interesting, but it doesn't look promising. Terrain needs major improvements too!
~Craka_J

Level 10
:) That video was made the second week that ive started the project, i couldnt show much of the gameplay by that time.
The point is clear = Live a Life
The music was chosen exactly because it was funny, its not a movie, it doesnt has to match, its just a trailer.
The project is INTERESTING, and it is PROMMISING :) Why would u say such ugly things.
Terrain has been changed a bit, but i dont think it needs much improvement. We dont want the map to look trashy as it did in " Real Life [for morrons] "
If we are able to finnish the map in time itl pown ya all sackars ;)

Level 8
Well I liked but it had a few problems... 1. You can grind nuteral heros to the top rank, (20 per kill and they respawn fast in the graveyard...) 2. What do you mean trees arn't organic? (I was trying to attack the trees with my car <_< >_>..) 3. I don't see a unit called field medic in the police force, (Or I'm blind...) 4. The Hooligins (Spelling?) don't respawn, (Or are they supposed to not respawn?) 5. The witness program can only be used once if you try again it says that it's already happening... Other than that it's a great map that I look foward to playing more. (Though I do wish that cars could be like RZO 2's cars... (In attacking))

Level 6
This map looks really cool I cant wait to try it, Im gonna be a drug dealer and mail man perfect way to sell drugs :D

~4rankie~

Level 10
Tnx, mrdarknezz, but i only have few days to finnish the map, there are many models that i can use thought, but just dont think that i have enough time to wait/use to get things working properly. The latest version has minimum on bugs, very progressive team gameplay and a lot of hot action ;)
I am also flattered that the only post u made on this forum since 2005 (probobly wc3search) is in my section :D

Level 10
Lol, i dont force them to vote for city of drugs. I just say that the CAN vote for city of drugs ... there.
The chanse is big that they will klick the link, see other maps, play them, and vote for somehting else.
And btw, COD has more votes not because i ask people, its just because it IS better!

Status
Not open for further replies.