• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minigame Contest! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
With the new release of version 0.03alpha, and the inclusion of the possibility of making your own maps now, i decided to make a small contest that uses the MouseAPI. Also to make people see the usefullness of the custom natives, and for the ones that apply, show how easy it is to use.

Rules are simple:
1. Make a short Minigame.
2. You have to use the MouseAPI native set.

Prizes:
1st place: 25Rep and the Minigame will be an official part of RtC.
2nd place: 15Rep.
3rd place: 10Rep.

A minigame could be a small maze map, where you use the mouse as control.

The contest will be open until August the 3rd, 2007 12:00 AM, GMT, i'll extend it if needed.

I am not sure that I am going to finnish, as I haven't started yet :p

Been busy the past week so I have only had times to start on my other contest map for the TD contest. But I will try and create a small maze within the next days!

But beware of my bad triggering, you might want to recreate a lot of that stuff once you see my map, if it wins that is :B

Level 8
Here are WIPs of my map "Goblins in space"

The first image shows me forgetting to insert the war3 cd.
The second shows an early version of the actual game.

Attachments

• cd.jpg
    cd.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 460
  • gobbos.gif
    gobbos.gif
    110.3 KB · Views: 497
Level 8
Ok, so here's my entry, Goblins in Space.

Didn't have the time to fully finish it, so some of the powerups are not fully implemented (eg twin shot) + some minor bugs i didn't have time to look into.

Also I didn't make all of this myself, so here are the credits:
IllidanEvil(X) for his spaceship and laser models
N00byStance and GeneralFrank for their powerup models
Vexorian: I used the collision missiles from his caster system

Attachments

• ContestEntry.w3x
    415.3 KB · Views: 224

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Thanks for the repz. :)
Too bad there was no competition though.
Would like to see other maps.

I agree, it would've been funny to see what people could've come up with.

I played the map... Then i played it some more... And then some more again... It's a funny map, nothing i would've thought of. I like how you used right clicking to send the ship flying in a direction, the triggers were interesting too, tho i was a little confused why you used LocalPlayer all the time? The game was tough though, atleast, i think it was, maybe it's just me getting old. I can't really compare it to the other contestants. So other than you were the only contestant, i can't give you a reason you won. :) But, very nice map.

Status
Not open for further replies.