• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Welcome to The Hive Workshop's

Mini-Game Contest

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Introduction
In this contest your goal is to create a fully functional and enjoyable multiplayer mini-game for people to enjoy. The more original and enjoyable it is, the more lightly it is to win since the winner is decided by public poll.

Your mini-game must be fully playable, support multi player and last under 15 minutes (one round).

What is a Mini-Game?
A mini-game is a small game that usually lasts only a few minutes. It may or may not include AI but is designed for multi player gamers.​

Rules:
  1. Must support at least 4 players.
  2. The map size must be noticeably small, shape does not matter.
  3. No enhancing of already made mini-games.
  4. No stealing of other peoples submissions
  5. The game/A round must last under 15 minutes
  6. All gameplay options must be vote based.
  7. Map must be under 4MB (less recommended).
  8. All imported content must be credited properly to their author(s).

Prizes
The prizes below are awarded to the people who achieve the corresponding place in the results:
  1. 50 reputation points and a contest winner special icon bellow their avatar
  2. 20 reputation points and a contest runner up special icon bellow their avatar (if enough people enter)

Judging:
  • 100% of the score is to be determined by a public poll.
  • Failure to give clear reasons why a person voted for a mini-game shall make the vote invalid.
  • Contestants are also allowed to vote but may not vote for their own submission.

Deadline:
  • 15th June 2007 0:00 hours, GMT)
The deadline will not be extended.

Good luck, have fun and may the best mini-game win.

Last edited:
Level 7
Great! The contest is finaly on. (^.^)

Can you work in teams or is it solo only?

You make your mini-game alone. But you can play it in teams. Anyway, you need a minimum of 4 player in it. If you build the mini-game in team, it won't be fair for others who are alone. But I guess that it's to Dr Super Good to choose because he is in charge of the contest now.

Last edited:
Level 9
Finally! Good to see this contest has finally been approved!
Now all i need is an idea...

Level 11
Yay! Count on me too guys! May the best win ;)

Umm, one thing: how/what do you judge? I mean, playability, layout, detailness, fun?

And maybe you should not reveal your ideas, cause later you will be the one who cries that XY stole your idea, disqualify him and such.. I don't want to see this.

Last edited:
Level 5
Wip

Thought I would post some screenshots of my work in progress :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• Shot 1.jpg
    Shot 1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Shot 3.jpg
    Shot 3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Shot 2.jpg
    Shot 2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Shot 4.jpg
    Shot 4.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Level 12
Ah a race game. Mine is players compete for gold by killing units however players can change units to trap units so they can stop the other player from getting gold. EX: Player 1 gets a killing spree going. Player 4 is like omfg, I should stop him! So player 2 upgrades one of his units that player 1 kills for gold into a trap unit. Player 1 kills the trap, unaware that it is a trap, and BANG! Player 1 has to sit out while he builds another unit to start killing with.

Get it now?

Level 5
I know, racing is not very original, but you should give it a try. It is playable at a beta stage right now, and I tried it with some friends, and it was very funny :)

Edit: Here is a screenshot of the whole map in the editor so far

Attachments

• Shot 1.jpg
    Shot 1.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Level 5
The Boat Race

Alright, here it is..

The Boat Race! Beta

Concept: The Boat Race is a race map, where you have to steer (slide) your boat, avoiding to run into shards, icebergs, hurricanes, mealstorms and the deep water. Entering hurricanes will make you sail slower and damage your boat slowly. Mealstorms will first suck your boat into them, and then tossing them away to certain death. Race up to 5 other players.

Other Information:
-The Triggers are in pure GUI
-No AI is added
-One game lasts for around 2-4 minutes

Any suggestions or feedbacks would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Mini Game Contest Submission.w3x
    78.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Level 36
My map is playable up to 9 people :D But, mine is more a humorous concept then a serious map....

Ping Wars:

Things spawn increasingly quickly and you have to destroy them while combating increasing lag due to the number of units on the field. Once you're ping reaches a certain limit, or a certain number of units are in the spawn area because you've failed to kill them, then you lose. Whoever lasts the longest is the winner.

It could quite possibly be the most infuriating game on Battle.Net

:)

Mines simple....
THIS IS VERY BETA!
UPGRADE WARS: Get upgarades to improve youre units! Each upgrade counters others, attack counters HP, ect.

There are 2 teams, each with 5 players! Team 1 spawns 7 footmen every 4 seconds. Team 2 spawns 7 gouls every 4 seconds. Each goul\footmen has 1 attack and 1 health Point. Less often, crypt feinds\knights spawn, and least often, tanks\meat wagons spawn. Each player recives a random hero, to help them defeat enemys ang earn gold for upgrades!

NOTE: If there is so many spawns it is cuasing MAYJOR lag, player 1 can type -clean and all the units will die, cuasing lag to go away.
EDIT: sorry, its a sloppy post but I gtg..

Attachments

• Upgrade Wars! Beta.w3x
    147.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 11
Mine will be some kind of logic+memory puzzle game, enhanced with wc elements (teleportation, spells). Supports up to 8 players. You can also play individually to practice, but the best is 3+ players.
A great advantage is that the solution for the puzzle is always random, so every game is a new experience.
And, the most important thing, it's pure jass, with 3 triggers only ;) (I don't even know how this could be done with GUI...)

If everyting goes well tomorrow (testing in multiplayer), i'll upload it.

Level 14
My map is playable up to 9 people :D But, mine is more a humorous concept then a serious map....

Ping Wars:

Things spawn increasingly quickly and you have to destroy them while combating increasing lag due to the number of units on the field. Once you're ping reaches a certain limit, or a certain number of units are in the spawn area because you've failed to kill them, then you lose. Whoever lasts the longest is the winner.

It could quite possibly be the most infuriating game on Battle.Net

:)
map like that exists, and is quite popular - it's called "Rabbits vs Sheeps". After one minute of that game my comp freezes and my hero dies and my team loses

Level 36
Well yeah, basically mine is just a test of who has the most patience and who has the most RAM lol.

If you don't have a ping higher then say 1000ms and you have less then 300 units in your area, then you're good to go :D

I just have to do the leaderboard and the triggers for defeat, but after that i'll pretty much be done ;)

Level 6
Idea announce

So my Idea is some stuff of fun map, its called Hit the Whisp

The Whisps will moe arround the map, the higher the level the more chaotic.
You can play by time or points.

Voteable Stuff
Time 5,10,15 min
Points 25,50,75

You get one Point for clicking an enemy Whisp, and -3 Points for clicking an own whisp.

Edit: Here is the Beta Map

Attachments

• HTW.w3x
    52.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Alien

ALIENS 0.1 BETA

Game Type: Survival
Mission: Survive for 8 minutes.

The Idea is simple, chose a gun, and stay alive much as you can.

The combat style is the same of my Doom 3 map (who already have played it, will have an idea)

You have first to chose one gun:

Assallt Rifle
Incinerator
Chaingun
Shotgun

Each gun has a diferent power, range, ammo capacity, and reload time.

You will must survive for 8 minutes.
But, these will be the longest 8 minutes of your life.

You must be quick with your gun, the aliens can kill you almost instantily (3 or 4 attacks can be fatal)

The enemy are powerfull, fast and resistent. They can surround and eliminate you very quickly.

With the time, more aliens will appear in the game such Alien Eggcariers, Alien Spliters, etc..

What you can do in this beta?
Try to survive 1 or 2 minutes =P

The work is just 20% done.

You can add computer players, if you wish, but they dont help so much.
I will try to make them more smart =/

Attachments

• Alien.w3x
    135.9 KB · Views: 94
Level 12
Hmmm, that'll be popular :smile:

Maybe do something like the internet game God's Computer (or something like that) where you use different weapons to just decimate the hordes of people on your screen then the points you get for kills are totalled up and the player with the most wins?

Can I use a system from the Spells section in my map? I accidentally deleted all my work and now I don't want to redo it so I got a new idea but I need one of the systems. So can I?

Level 9
Im sure that'll be fine if you give credit properly.
EDIT : WeO, iv got my idea :smile: its extreme soccer. May not sound very origional but im going to make it fast pased and add in a few cool elements, like alternating terrain hights... Im phyc'd for this one...

Last edited:
Level 36
Maybe do something like the internet game God's Computer (or something like that) where you use different weapons to just decimate the hordes of people on your screen then the points you get for kills are totalled up and the player with the most wins?

Can I use a system from the Spells section in my map? I accidentally deleted all my work and now I don't want to redo it so I got a new idea but I need one of the systems. So can I?

The game is called God's playing field and it gets boring fast.

God's Playing Field

True, it gets real boring and there is practically not much motivation to kill the people...

I don't know if I will finish, but I'm still trying to work on my map. ;)

I might change the idea though.

Does it have to be under 15 minutes? (Which is probably a yes, and I am NOT complaining at all)

What the time is pending, I guess I could stop the whole game after 15 minutes if one person doesn't win or something. lol

[Off-Topic:]

Damn Kixer! Why did you put that quote in your signature? I'm not a rep **ore... lol :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.