• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HS Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Im currently entered in rui's terraining contest and to prevent posting 10,000 wips in the official contest thread im going to post them here to get some feedback. lemme know what you guys think. Its not quite finished yet:

Ashenvale Tileset Entry: Night Elf Citadel
Druids Keep:
druidskeepkp6.jpg

Side View of the Citadel:
waterfallow6.jpg

Guard Duty:
guarddutyby9.jpg

Full Citadel:
fullcitadelei5.jpg

Sorry if the screenies dont show much, the citadel is very large so its hard to get a good focal point.

Last edited:
Level 7
Awesome looks like a hightop forest i like it id give rep but it wouldn't do nething.:) Most likley vote for you but i suggest maybe making more trees because Night Elves like the forest and it'll give them a backround. Gl with contect.

Level 8
I just looked at the first picture and said "Oh wow!" I just noticed the spider and webbing on the column and omg awesome idea. It looks awesome overall and i love the water on that overhang by the bridge.

But on each of th ledges with the waterfalls...the water just disappears and then shows up again for the next waterfall. Thats the only thing that bugs me :) but its not biggie anyways.

Also how do they get from each level to the next?

Level 13
Thanks haha I was wondering if anyone would notice the spider :wink: Anyway, Im thinking about putting in some sort of spiral staircase/ladder to get from one level to the next.
I'll try to fix that water. I just figured it would be spread out enough that the water wouldnt really be too visible. I'll take a look at it though.

Level 8
Hm well i had that problem on mine. I just used very small tiles and tiled them next to each other so the railing cut off the edges and made it fit the area. But i dont think it would work with yours

Level 13
Prolly not because theres places where the water has pushed the blocks off the edges. Eh *shrugs* Ill look at it some more.

In the meantime, I have another screenie.
Path to the Citadel:
pathtothecitadelmb8.jpg

Its kinda aggrivating really, I wanted it to have the citadel in the background. But its too far away and WE makes it black :sad: (yea i turned off terrain fog)

Level 13
thanks guys :smile: good to know that it doesnt look completely horrible. I still wish I could get that angle i want :sad: lol. Anyway, ill just keep foolin with it and see what i can do. Thx for feedback. And chaos, I'll accept that challange :wink: sounds like fun.

Edit: (5/1/07)
Some newer screenies
attachment.php

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5684&d=1178063287

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5685&d=1178063465

I know the fog is only in 2 of them.. I keep adding it in and taking it out. Im not sure whether i want it or not yet.

Last edited:
Level 9
Wow, that terrain is insane!

i get so jealous looking at this terrain....

Keep up the good work...

Status
Not open for further replies.