• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Smilies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
does the hive need more smileys? (based off of warcraft characters? i'd be glad to work on a set of wacraft3 smilies ^_^ animated or not (even though i don't know how to animate them>)

here are the all the smilies I have made. Hope you like them (BTW Wolverabid made the background transparent for me on the Dreadlord, Footman and Paladin.)
Tauren2520Cheiftan.gif
Tauren Chieftan
dreadlord1.gif
Dreadlord
footman1.gif
Footman
paladin1.gif
Paladin
agdfhadfhaj.gif
Holy Light, Paladin
GhoulBETTEr.gif
Ghoul
PandarenBrewmasterFixed.gif
Pandaren Brewmaster
Blademaster.gif
Blademaster
DemonHunter.gif
Demon Hunter
BloodMageFixed.gif
Bloodmage
Bloodmage_Sphere.gif
Bloodmage With Sphere
Battle.gif
Battle between a Blademaster VS a Paladin!
*edit* Hope you like them ^_^

Last edited:
Level 32
The set of Orc Smilies has been The Hive's standard for quite some time. I always think that more is better (if it's high quality.) On the vBuelletin editor panel there's a list of the available smiles including a More option.

Notice that some of the optional smilies are missing? I think that this would probably be a good place to start.

The Pirate "thumbsup" seems to exist: :thunbsup:
Ahoy, Cannon, Pirate and Crazy Pirate are all absent: :ahoy:

I suppose that smilies for other WCIII races might be developed, like Night Elves, Undead, or even Pandarens!

There is no guarantee that anything we come up with would be accepted, but it never hurts to give it a try!

*edit*
The animated smilies are just .gif files. Once you have the proper tools, it's easy to manipulate them.
GifSplitter is a free program that allows one to seperate animated gifs into individual frames for editing.
Gif files can then be reassembled using UnFREEz (also freeware).

*edit04*
I especially like the animated Paladin. FOR THE LIGHT! er... FOR THE HIVE!
Way, way better than I did, so far I only managed to pirate and then edit:
PirateSmile01.gif
:pir:

To be most useful, each smiley should posess its own unique code so that one can use them while typing, see the "More" list for existing examples.

As the administrators who maintain and oversee The Hive's images and graphics begin to weigh in on this topic you should have a better idea of if, how, and when the new smilies might be implemented.

Due to the past import of forums and threads, many posts, and comments in the resource section, contain keyboard shortcuts referring to emoticons that do not presently exist. As far as I can determine, those shortcuts and their referenced files are:

:D
icon_biggrin.gif
:)
icon_smile.gif
:(
icon_sad.gif
:eek:
icon_surprised.gif

:shock:
icon_eek.gif
:?
icon_confused.gif
8)
icon_cool.gif
:lol:
icon_lol.gif

:x
icon_mad.gif
:p
icon_razz.gif
:oops:
icon_redface.gif
:cry:
icon_cry.gif

:evil:
icon_evil.gif
:twisted:
icon_twisted.gif
:roll:
icon_rolleyes.gif
://wink:
icon_wink.gif

:!:
icon_exclaim.gif
:?:
icon_question.gif
:idea:
icon_idea.gif
:arrow:
icon_arrow.gif

Last edited:
Level 7
Well i msut say pandamanana your doing a very good job redeeming to the hive users and mods(at least I would hope the mods are forgiving a little).

So far these look great and I hope they become offical smilies of the Hive community.It'd be awesoem to have tons of costom made smilies and would make chat whole lot better.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I think the paladin one is very well made, and cute too.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well, we don't *necessarily* NEED additional smilies. But the ones you've showcased does look rather cool ^^, I like most of them :smile:

However, the Tauren Chieftan doesn't really look like a tauren. Reminds me more of a Viking :p Make the "tauren-ish nose" more noticable ^_^

Nonetheless, would you allow us (the staff) to use some of these :?
They are rather cool, and would make a fine addition to our collection..

Level 7
Well if i know pandamanana he made them for the hive but Im not him so when he answers you'll get your answer but he's nice and im pretty sure he'll say yes.

P.S. Second im able to use these im gonna make a post with the battle scene FTW!!!!

Level 8
Yes of Course you can use them! Thank you so much. In fact the point of me making them was to have them added (or at least show people what I'm all about). I would be very happy if you used them and I'm very grad you like them. And yes I will re-do the Tauren Chieftan, I agree that he doesn't look anything like the real one but I made it quickly... Oh well. And MOre Battle Scenes will come (Blademaster Vs Demon Hunter anyone?) Cya.

Level 32
*bump*

[highlight]pandamanana have you lost track of this project or WHAT?[/code]

You need to edit your post and attach the gif files to the thread!

Dipstick Brb Need A Beer has quoted your entire post and is lagging the site because HIS post is accessing YOUR photobucket album!

The recent addition of more emoticons to the vBulletin editor made our posts more eye-catching. There remains room in the second row for additional options. Some of the emoticons included in the vBulletin shell might be a good choice.

insertimage.gif
–image posts
quote.gif
–quotations or references
email.gif
-attachments or documents
createlink.gif
-links

Last edited:
Level 8
yeah I have lots projects I need to work on and I got kind of tired of this one. I have a second Battle scene that is almost done...
BTW don't get mad at me for not getting to a small project... its not that big of a deal. And yeah I will finish it but I have other, more important projects to finish first. Thank you and good night.

Emoticon Set

Heres an emoticon set I made, requested by Wolverabid. It was originally created for another forum site my friend was making.
Wink.gif
(wink)
Unsure.gif
(unsure)
Tongue.gif
:)P)
Sunglasses.gif
(cool)
Stern.gif
(glare)
Smiling.gif
:)))
_.gif
(^_^)
Sad.gif
:)()
Rote.gif
(eyeroll)
O_O.gif
(O_O)
O.gif
(O.O)
NinjaFade.gif
(ninjafade)
Ninja.gif
(ninja)
Innocent.gif
(innocent)
Dry.gif
(drylook)
What.gif
(o_O)
Boggle.gif
(crazy)
XD.gif
(XD)
Rofl.gif
(rofl)
XD2.gif
(glowXD)
BigSmile.gif
:)D)
Average.gif
:)|)
Angry.gif
(angry)
VeryAngry.gif
(glowangry)
Explode2.gif
(explode)

Last edited:
Level 8
Sorry For My Afk-edness

I'm seriously sorry for not being on ...

I didn't mean to drop this project... or desert the Hive community like I have...

I just have so much going on in my life, its hard to respond to people on the hive and such..

by the way... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I love this stuff guys! thank you so much for using my smiley and such!

I feel so great fight about now I might just start the project up again and work on some more / edit the old ones! ^_^

thanks so much for caring guys ^_^

Last edited:
Level 11
possible new smilies

well a palladin, orc, and elf although elf is green lol. Interesting smilies i had from along time ago, found on a disc at my house. Pally seems best to me lol

Attachments

• smilies.zip
    31 KB · Views: 58
Level 11
sorry wolver, didn't know there was another shoulda figured. I made the pally, old friend made orc, and i can't remember where elf came from. First pally started doin wit some pixel art and photoshoped it up for like animation. But this was b4 when if i dled photoshop it only took 20 minutes compared to a month now, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.