• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i change the Birth anamations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I think this is what you mean:

In the trigger editor, go new action, scroll down a little (it's close to the top) you will have a heap of 'animation' actions to choose from. some of them use animation tags, others use animation modes. 'stand' is a mode, 'work' is a tag. then, depending on which one it is and the effect you want, you pick the appropriate trigger. if you add a tag, you will have to remove it using another trigger. if you change it's mode, it will stay in that mode till something causes it to change it's mode. telling it to play it's death animation will cause it to do so until it moves or attacks or whatever. I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

Level 3
You can also edit the model of building - it is quite easy.

For example, I want to add this birth animation to the Necropolis instead the original green one.
w1.jpg

First open the building you want to edit in Model Editor (it must be struture based on undead or night elf, with human or orc it is noc functional).
Show Node Manager (menu-Windows-Node Manager). You will see something like this:
w2.jpg

Double clik on the Bith Link (in the circle). Rewrite the path with the model of your new birth animation and confirm.
w3.jpg

Save and import this edited model and the birth animation in the map and enjoy.
w4.jpg

You can try attached models, import both of them into path "war3mapImported" (standart path)

Attachments

• ForgottenOneBirth.mdx
    102.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Necropolis.mdx
    93 KB · Views: 115

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Animations are not easilly transferable from one model to another unless they are based on the same model design.
Linking to the recource in question with the animation you want and the buildings you want to use it may be helpful and enable people to aid you further.

Lol thats why it wouldent work all my building's base building is human...

Adding a birth model to a building other than undead or night elf isn't impossible. To prove this I threw together this quick model to show it. Yes, I know the geoset anims are all screwed up but only the birth anim matter for my point. The building is only textured during the build anim because I did not declare what color to use during the other anims.

ABirth.mdx and ABirth_Portrait.mdx created by paulH

Last edited:
Level 3
I know, that it isnt impossible, but it is quite difficult (and im not so good in english to describe it). I have already tried it, but in magogs model editor, there are sometimes some bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.