• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Chosen Ones - Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
The Chosen Ones
Campaign

Story

The war with dragons ended 12 years ago. The kingdom of Balgaron has lived since peacefully life. New castles, villages, monuments has been build. People are happy, they have everything they need.

However, Galeoth doubt that dragons have not been defeated extinction. He have been traveling since the war ended. He is still trying to find dragons, try to kill them, but he had found nothing. Only dust.

Characters

Characters are humans.

Phodom

Phodom, 42, born in Michie Village father was carpenter and family was poor.

Phodom's dream was to become dragon slayer. First he was a regular guard in Michie Village. He slowly rise his reputation and in age of 30, he became dragon slayer.

Phodom was excellent dragon slayer: he was strong, brave, friendly and very helpful. He killed many dragons and saved many villages from certain doom.

After the war Phodom quit to be dragon slayer and met Birgitta. They made a happy family with three children: Mathias, Dark and Zell.

Twelve year later after the war Phodom funds are zero. He needs to go work to survive coming winter...

Spells
Element: Fire

Unit Skill: Curse Of Fire - Reduces targeted enemy unit's damage. |nLasts 5 seconds.

Basic Hero Skills:
1. Meltdown - Casts a fire bolt that does damage and reduces enemy defense rate.. |nLasts 10 seconds.
2. Fire Explode - Phodom casts a fire shield to himself which will give 50% reduction from enemy spells for 10 second. After that, fire blast that does damage and stun all around the Phodom
3. Fire Shield - Heals a target friendly unit's hit points and gives extra armor for 10 seconds.
4. Fire Blade - Adds bonus fire damage to an attack against enemies, but drains mana with each attack.

Ultimate Skill: Fire Chaos - Casts incredible big fire explode around the hero dealing huge damage to nearby enemy units.
Fradz

Fradz, 32, born in Nacha Forest. His father was a warrior of the clan called Wolfier.

When he born he was retarted. He had somekind of brain injure. Because of injure, he couldn't speak and he didn't had a name. He were just called "X".

When Fradz was age of 25 he and some other members of Wolfier clan were in hunt. They met legendary Fradz dragon who was dying. Barbarians couldn't kill the dragon because they shame so they healed the dragon. After that, he suddenly dissapeared. After the dissapear of the dragon some said that dragon gave a present that the X could speak. X's first words was "My name is Fradz". Since, he have been called Fradz.

Only couple of months later Fradz became very strong warrior. He killed many many dragons and saved many villages and other very important persons such as dragon slayers from certain doom. Then he was invited to be dragon slayer, he accepted.

Fradz's dragon slayer career was indeed excellent. He always knew best tactics to win dragons, in other words: he was perfect soldier. However, he had one bad side: his annoying attitude.

After the war, Fradz has been travelling around the world spending his money what he got from being dragon slayer.

Spells
Element: Lightning

Unit Skill: Sword Dace - Fradz starts to attack much faster, but takes 33% more damage from enemy attacks for 5 second.

Basic Hero Skills:
1. Thunder - Casts a thunder to enemy unit dealing damage and slowing it by 33% for 6 second.
2. Teleport Strike - Teleports and slices nearby enemies so fast they can't counterattack. Slices a total of 5 times. Every slash does damage.
3. Holy Storm - Causes a holystorm of destructive force around the Fradz, rendering him immune to magic and dealing damage per second to nearby enemy land units. |nLasts 5 seconds.
4. Bless Of Lightning - Increases nearby friendly units' movement speed and attack rate.

Ultimate Skill: Lightning Orb - Summons powerful lightning orb to attack the Fradz's enemies. The lightning orb is immortal and has great attack damage. |nLasts 10 seconds.
Galeoth

Galeth, 58, born in Terdoom castle. His father was famous dragon slayer. The family was very rich and Galeoth had excellent training from best soldiers in world including his father: Vandart.

Galeoth's father died front of his eyes when he was only 5 years old kid. Dragon killed his father. From since on, Galeoth had promised to be dragon slayer and kill the dragon who killed his father.

He trained very hard and he became one of the best dragon slayers ever, like his his father. However, he never met the dragon who killed his father.

After the war Galeoth believed that dragons were not killed to extinction. Galeoth had obsession to find some more dragons so he have been travelled around the world since on. He have not find any dragons, not even a clue.

Now he is going to final trip to Icy Mountains. The only place where he still thinks dragons could be. After this trip, he is going to end his career and start to live peacefully life.

Spells
Element: Ice

Unit Skill: Summon Ice Element - Summons magical Ice Element.

Basic Hero Skills:
1. Frozen - Freezes targeted enemy unit so it cannot do anything for short time.
2. Chain Heal - Calls fifth a wave of healing energy that bounces up to 5 times, healing some damage on the primary target. Each jump heals 25% greater damage..
3. Frozen Cannon - Bombards an area with ice balls, stunning enemy land units for 1 second and damaging nearby enemy units. Every ice ball will do 30 damage.
4. Curse Of Ice - Decreases nearby enemy units' movement speed and attack rate.

Ultimate Skill: Frozen Paradise - Casts incredible big ice explode around the hero dealing huge damage and freezing nearby enemy units for 10 second.

Dragon Slayer

To become dragon slayer person must be very powerful fighter and also have to be master of one element(Fire, Lightning, Ice, Heal or Mystic). Training to be dragon slayer takes 10-20 years.

The dragon slayer's job is extremely dangerous. The main point is to kill most powerful creatures in the world: dragons.

After the war, most of the dragon slayers went to other jobs such as guards. There is no need to have dragon slayers anymore because the war is won and dragons do not exist anymore.

Dragons

Dragons are the most powerful creatures in the world. They live almost everywher, but mostly in quiet places like caves. Dragons can live very long. There have been rumours that dragons can live even over 1000 year old.

They can use the basic elements(Fire, Lightning, Ice, Heal, Mystic) like human aswell. Of course dragons are far stronger using different elements. Sometimes dragons use more than one element. Killing one dragon is extremely hard, that is why humans need to be in a group to kill one dragon.

Dragons fight with their powerful magic skills, but sometimes thei use their big and long claws and tail.

Dragon owns many special skills but turning into human or merge to human are the most famous and feared skills.

Dragons can easily turn into human or any other animal. However, when they are turned into a other form they are weak and can be killed easily. Only the most powerful dragon slayer can see through.

Merge between dragon and human is extremely rare. It needs the will of both and if they separate human will always die. When they are in merge human is in control, both can speak to other but dragon have the power to separate. Only dragon can go inside human because they have the skill, human cannot go inside dragon.

When dragon and human are in merge, dragon can heal illness' from human such as cancer, poison and paralysis.

Balgaron

Balgaron is one of the greatest kingdoms in world of Oelivert. It born about 400 year ago. Four little kingdoms join together to become one great kingdom Balgaron.

North of Balgaron is sea of Terra. East of Balgaron is neighbour Saoloth kingdom. South of Balgaron is Icy Mountains. West of Balgaron is Great Swamps.

Terrain

Terrain is alternating. Every chapter is different from other. For example, chapter 1 is autumn. Chapter 2 is hot hot summer and chapter 3 is cold winter. Now you have to be thinking: "So the heroes are flying with airplane place to place!?". Nonono. First you play with Phodom at chapter 1, then you play with Fradz at chapter 2, and then Galeoth with chapter 3. Then they will meet each other in later maps. Something unknow power is connecting them together...

Chapters & Pictures

All pictures have been moved to

here

Why? Because the post was too long. Funny, isin't it?

Bosses

Every chapter has own boss fight. I try to make them best as possible. So it's not like "attack, potion, attack, potion". It should be special, where you must go away from the bosses for example if he does something powerful spell.

Music

Yup, my favorite part. Every of my 15 finished map I have special music. I will also put to my campaign music. I'm going to put about 30 music and 3 SPECIAL music. Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, Legend Of The Dragoon, Nightwish, Breat Of Fire 3, 4, 5, Enya, Phoenix Wing, Dream Evil...
Imports

Yeah, I have lot of imports, now I have about 700 imports. I know, that's very high amount of imports. That is why it's very hard to give credits to everyone. However, I have a looooooong credit list now.

Progress

Prologue
Terrain 100%
Main plot cinematics: 80%
Tested yes/no: Yes
Ready to watch: No

Chapter 1
Terrain: 100%
Main plot cinematics: 100%
Other cinematics: 100%
Quests: 3/3
Enemies: 100%
Boss: 100%
Tested yes/no: No
Ready to play: No

Chapter 2
Quests: 3/3

Chapter 3
Quests: 0/0

Chapter 4
Other cinematics: 0%
Quests: 1/1

Interlude 1
Cinematics: 100%
Ready to watch: Yes

Chapter 5
Other cinematics: 75%
Quests: 4/4
Boss: 50%

Interlude 2
Cinematics: 100%
Ready to watch: Yes

Chapter 6
Terrain: 75%
Quests: 0/2

Chapter 7
Main plot cinematics: 25%
Other cinematics: 10%
Quests: 4/5
Boss: 0%

Chapter 8
Terrain: 90%
Quests: 1/3
Enemies: 10%

Chapter 9
Main plot cinematics: 75%
Quests: 0/0
Enemies: 0%

Chapter 10
Terrain: 95%
Main plot cinematics: 0%
Quests: 0/1
Enemies: 0%

Chapter 11
Terrain: 75%
Enemies: 75%

Epilogue
Terrain 0%

Overall:
Terrain: 98%
Main plot cinematics: 70%
Other cinematics: 60%
Enemies: 20%
Boss: 20%
Overall: 65%

Some questions:

Do I have experience in campaigns/maps?

Yea, alot. I started making maps about 2 years ago with campaign. Now I will end my map career with campaign. I have done 15 maps: War Of The Kings, ]== The New World ==[, Art Of Life, Mystery Of Friza, Midnight Rush, Aero TD, Lava Race, Oblong War, Gardens of Zirmiath, The Ultimate Fight, The Snowy Fight, The Protection, The Generals, The Zre Diamond, The Awesome Robbery, The Fallen Heroes. Click here to see all my maps, rates and people opinions.

I also have experience from Warcraft III battle.net. I have 2x 1500 random icon with more than 75% win percent. So I'm also good balancing the map/campaign.

So I have LOT OF EMOTION making this campaign. I try to make this funny as possible AND sad as possible. This will be my best map/campaign.
So what kind of campaign this is afterall?

This is epic RPG, for single player. You play with one to three character. You will travel with enormous huge world. Far bigger than in Mystery Of Friza's. You can complete different kind of quests, gather items, increase your hero(es) status, and everything what usually you can do in RPG games with good mood and music.
So, this will be your best map/campaign?

Definitely yes. I try to combine EVERY map I have done to ONE HUGE PROJECT. For example Mystery Of Friza's HUGE WORLD, The Fallen Heroes' Hero Spells & The Zre Diamond advanced triggers.
What is the difference between this and other campaigns?

This campaign will include more than 100 or maybe even 200 cinematic. Some are short, some long. So this is surely massive campaign. It's like a RPG game bought from a shop, it's just free and it's based on wc3.

Also: my sister will draw loading screens, epic story, good musics, nice terrain, very enjoyable, takes over 10 hour to complete, ...
If there's three heroes, can I play with them all the time?

No, it depends of the chapter and story. Example, at first chapter you can play with only one hero. At fifth chapter, you can play with two same time, and in chapter 7, you can play with all heroes same time.
Any beta tests?

Well, I think I'm goning to have beta test when the deadline(15.1.2008) is. Sooo my "demo campaign" is ready at that day. However, I try to make whole campaign ready.
Do I have any problems?

Yeah. 1. I'm not from England or USA. That is why my english is not the best. I'm still learning. 2. I cannot make own models, so I'm dependent to other people's models. 3. Also, time can be my problem.... 3 month is not maybe enought for making this campaign. I still try my best.
The campaign is unprotected, right?

Yup, I don't know how to protect campaigns. I have protected all my other games, so if this is not protected, you can see what I have done and how. Well, at least there's some good sides: beginners can learn how to make triggers. :p
If you have any suggestions or questions, please tell me.

Why I did this thread?

I want to have feedback. I also have other thread(The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site > The Arena > Challenge Section). But people cannot post there so I made this thread.

So please. I would love to have some comments. Your opinion. If you like, give some good feedback and reputation. If you don't like, tell me what is wrong and tell your opinion, what should I change/improve?

Last edited:
Level 37
Captain Griffen said:
If you want someone to check/correct you're English, I'm up for helping.
Yeah, I will ask you later. :p

ragingspeedhorn said:
The terrain could use some more work but it is above decent in most pictures.
I know. I'm not master of making terrain. You have to also remember that the campaign is only about 15% completed so of course I will make it better. Just say what pictures you don't like and I will make them better!

ragingspeedhorn said:
After reading this I want to play the campaign so I do hope you'll finish it.
You will, as long as you play wc3. I will finish it before 15.1.2008!

Serbianbeast said:
oh and one more question: is that bridge over there walkable?
Of course it is!

By the way, Serbianbeast I think you PM:ed me couple of weeks ago. Sorry I somehow lost the message. Sooo, now you can ask here what was your question.

Okay thanks for the feedback, I try to upload soon some more pictures.

Now are these main characters humans or dragons? You don't make that very clear.

And that red fog in the foresty place looks horrible. Green would fit better. Or white. But definitely not red.

Good luck with this! If you have any questions regarding campaigns I'm pretty experienced with that ^.=.^

Level 37
Pyritie said:
You can only have one of each whether effect on each large (yellow grid) tile at a time.
Good to know. Thanks for letting me know.

ragingspeedhorn said:
Well it is your terrain in general that needs work, your height variation is a bit off, you make things too pointy, needs to round it off a bit more (not meaning cliff areas).
Okay, I will make them more smoother. But I think ice places are bit "pointy" because of the ice.

Callahan said:
I'm happy to see you're using my sylvan models.
Of course! They are good models. Thanks for them!

Callahan said:
I trust in your skill since i've played your other map and i'm sure this one will be great ,good luck and good work.
Thank you alot.

I have been making some optional quests. I have now done 10 optional quest. But I just have these kind of quests: kill boss, kill couple of enemies, bring item, go to tell other guy something. So, can someone tell me more different type of quests?

Have some quests that starts simple but ends up complicated.

Like at first it seems like just some simple quest "go fetch me 10 rocks from the mines" but when you are in there then at some point something happens like you see a group of bandits down there and they take you prisoner, then you all of a sudden have a completely different task to do which has more importance, like escaping the bandit camp (sneaking and timing your movements to avoid being seen by guards).

Things like that makes games much more fun.

Level 10
Seeing a mapper leaving his career with a great map is kinda sad although if it's going to be your best map it may be kinda great! Anyway if you're looking for testers, I can sure test it! Also correcting mistakes of english, I may not help at that point O_O
Well I'll leave by saying " May the force be with you... " Yes I had to reference from Star Wars XD

Level 37
ragingspeedhorn said:
Have some quests that starts simple but ends up complicated.
Sounds good. But it will take more time to finish than just basic quests where you need to kill for example little boss. I will make couple of this kind of quests, thanks for idea! Hope I will have some more.

NoNZealot said:
May the force be with you...
May the force be with you too!

Today I have been making chapter 1's village called "Dalli". Here's some pictures. What you think guys? Any improvements?

Attachments

• a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,911
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,684
  • a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,712
  • a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,744
The tower looks out of place, else it is okay. Bring some more life into the market area, looks a bit like plastic. Also try to vary the stone path a bit with 1 other kind of path tile.

I really hope you will include some exciting side quests as I mentioned, it might make the map take longer to make but it will be worth it and make the playing of it greater! If you want more side-quest ideas then I can think some up.

Level 16
Tower really looks out of place, and your city terrain could use some more smaller doods as well as some deformation.

and one more thing... if this is your last project, don't make it a challenge one, cause in that case you will have time limit for it and you will be under pressure so it wouldn't end up as you wanted to. Take my advice and do it slowly. At least that's what i am going to do with my map...

Level 37
Serbianbeast said:
The tower looks out of place, else it is okay.
ragingspeedhorn said:
Tower really looks out of place
Okay, I will remove it and put something else.

Serbianbeast said:
if this is your last project, don't make it a challenge one
It's already a challenge. Can't change that.

Serbianbeast said:
in that case you will have time limit for it and you will be under pressure so it wouldn't end up as you wanted to.
Well, that can be true. But I'm going to do beta version for that time. After that I will keep doing it with new versions and after that, the final release.

Serbianbeast said:
Take my advice and do it slowly. At least that's what i am going to do with my map...
Currently I have lot of time. So I will spend it to the campaign. In next year I have big school(don't know the word, maybe something like undergraduate tests...) tests. That is why I have to be fast before the tests.

Today I have been doing chapter 6 and interlude 2. I'm too lazy to take screenshots at the moment but I have one example, how many cameras I have in one conversation.

Attachments

• It's just one conversation!.jpg
    It's just one conversation!.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 4,208
Sometimes it's better to take sceenshots without activating lightning and shadow.
When? It never is.

And here's chapter 7's entire map without inside places. It's still under construction.

Looks too orderly. Real cities are not neatly placed in a grid. Look at a city map (not places like new york and such) and you'll see.

Level 37
Pyritie said:
When? It never is.
For example, if I would take those screen shots with lightning and shadow, it wouldn't show much of the terrain, only near.

Pyritie said:
Looks too orderly. Real cities are not neatly placed in a grid.
Yeah, it's my problem. I always do everything with orderly. However, that's not bad sign, in my opinion.

For example, if I would take those screen shots with lighting and shadow, it wouldn't show much of the terrain, only near.
It still makes it look funky. And besides, most of the stuff in the background looks the same as the foreground anyway. And doodads aren't affected by shadows.

Yeah, it's my problem. I always do everything with orderly. However, that's not bad sign, in my opinion.

It still looks bad for cities.

Level 37
Pyritie said:
It still makes it look funky.
So it's scary? What? (funk => pelko(in finnish) => scary))

Pyritie said:
And besides, most of the stuff in the background looks the same as the foreground anyway.
So?

Pyritie said:
And doodads aren't affected by shadows.
Who cares?

Pyritie said:
It still looks bad for cities.
Its in the viewer's eyes

Level 37
Pyritie said:
...and this is why we press the "save" button every now and again.
Whaaaat? You missed the point.

Serbianbeast said:
anyway, i think that as time passes your screens gets well.. hmm... well old ones were better imo.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm! I don't know what to say!

Well, today I re-made my chapter 3's and chapter 10's terrain. I also made some triggers to chapter 7 and here's some pictures from chapter 5. What ya say?

Attachments

• vv1.JPG
    vv1.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 239
  • vv2.JPG
    vv2.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 241
  • vv3.JPG
    vv3.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 216
Level 37
ragingspeedhorn said:
That purple tile is really really ugly!
Well, when ya travelling in this place there's always night so you won't see a thing. I took those screenshots when I was hurry so I forgot to put night, but whatever.

By the way, this place should be ugly also. Every place don't need to be beatiful!

Pyritie said:
If the ground must be purple, at least add some tile variation in there.
What do you mean?

After every chapter, player will see this can kind of "board". It tells how player have succeed in campaign.

Attachments

• vv4.JPG
    vv4.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 344
Level 37
Pyritie said:
Everything except the map information gives everything away.
What ya mean?

Pyritie said:
And add some more tiles instead of just that purple. Maybe add some darker purple or lighter purple or something, I dunno.
Okay, I will make it better. I add couple black tileset more.

Today I have been doing chapter eight's triggers & terrain, here's some pictures. What you guys think now!?

Attachments

• b3.JPG
    b3.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 3,686
  • b2.JPG
    b2.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 3,530
  • b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 3,531
Aeroblyctos said:
What ya mean?

As in people know that there are 30 quests, that the main heroes can go up to level 50, that there is an "ultimate orb", that there are three excaliburs (you got a typo there), that there is some Azureus Armor, and that there are three sons for something.

It gives away the storyline. And you don't want that.

Level 37
Pyritie said:
that there are three excaliburs (you got a typo there)
Ooh yea, it should be "Excalibur" only. No "three" or anything. Thanks for that.

Pyritie said:
It gives away the storyline. And you don't want that.
Well, I want that players not only play for the story. I want player also play for better heroes by leveling and getting better items.

However, almost everything except some optional quests and cinematics are based on the main story.

Today I go to Vietnam. I will be there 2 weeks, so I come back at 29, December. It means that I cannot do my campaign, however, I always can think and write down to paper things about my campaign.

I wish you all peacefully christmas!

No as in then people know what's going to happen. It takes away all the suspense.

I mean the thing with campaigns is that you have to have a good storyline with lots of cliffhangers so people actually bother finishing it. Campaigns are very long, and the plot is one of the main ways to keep people interested.

Level 37
I'm back. I was in Vietnam for two weeks. It was very nice trip and now I know lot about Vietnam and it's war agaist French and USA.

Back to the campaign. I had a notebook in Vietnam so I also writed lot of story and other things to my campaign. So I also worked in Vietnam for my campaign. It takes about 200 hour to finish my works what I writed in Vietnam so I think I can't finish my campaign in time(15.1.2008). Plus I still have to test my campaign, including everything I had done. Testing 11 chapters + 2 interludes, prologue, epilogue and credits needs lot of time.

But well, here is some screenshots from chapter 2. Watch and tell your opinion!

Pyritie said:
I mean the thing with campaigns is that you have to have a good storyline with lots of cliffhangers so people actually bother finishing it. Campaigns are very long, and the plot is one of the main ways to keep people interested.
I do have lot of cliffhangers and the story is epic. My campaign is also long but I have lot of different things so people have interests to finish it.

Attachments

• c21.JPG
    c21.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 648
  • c22.JPG
    c22.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 635
  • c23.JPG
    c23.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 618
Level 37
Spammy said:
It is looking very good cant wait to play it!
Thanks! As I have said, I'm not so good terrainer, but I'm better in making story and cinematics so don't judge me 100% if terrain is not so good. I'm sorry that I will release my campaign late but at least it's good quality then!

BloodStorm2262 said:
I'd love to help in anyway
Well, I'm doing all by myself. But all imported models are not mine. Thanks for the offer anyway.

BloodStorm2262 said:
because your basically doing what I wanted to do (surely not the same gameplay/systems).
Well, start to do your own campaign!

BloodStorm2262 said:
but you are making a truly EPIC single player RPG/campaign for wc3
Yeh, I'm trying to make this epic as possible. As I said before, this will be my best map/campaign.

Today morning I have been making chapter 11. It's the last chapter. Here is the big tunnel that leads to the final climax.

What ya guys think about these pictures?

Attachments

• c111.JPG
    c111.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 3,452
  • c112.JPG
    c112.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 3,465
  • c113.JPG
    c113.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 3,376
  • c114.JPG
    c114.JPG