• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Why do you guys advertise your map here? This is suppose to be on-topic to the competition discussion not discussion about what yur making...

So, why does Bob's sig say:

Paired Mapping Contest, Enter, look at screenshots of maps, or just post in it.

So we're only aloud to post pics and not discuss them? Riiight.

Last edited:
Level 12
attachment.php

These are some screenshots of the hard trials you will face in this map
(NO JOKE i had to try like 20 times on one of them lol)

The map is coming along well. We each alternate doing about 2 trials a day. (i did 3 once :p)

Attachments

• Showoff.jpg
    Showoff.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 183
Level 3
Dreadnought[dA];297450 said:
Is it ok to have members from my clan test the map? I want to see how well it works multiplayer..

There's no other way to test the gameplay of maps which were made for 3+ players, imo. D;

Level 16
This thread is open for advertising your map which you are entering in the competition, it's actually also encouraged to let us know how is your map doing.

And of course you can test your map with other people. Nobody expects you get the map right with the first try, so go ahead, test, fix bugs etc.

Level 24
Bob, can i replace my pair because my pair is not working with me can i replace my pair for infrenus.thanks

Ok done, and I have updated the contestants list for everyone else as well :)

Can I just give like a little preview of the map? By this I mean not screenshots.

I mean , I make another map with my map's details like ... a little cinema on game play!

Is .. that ok? :confused:

BTW heres the percentage of the map finished:
-Units:30%
-Abilities:70%
-Terrain-14%
-Triggers:75%
-Imports:100%
-Bonus:1%
Overall Percentage:48.3%.

sure, that should be fine, however you probably don't want to spend to much time on it, if you want to make a good map for the contest.

And yes, Mini-Me is right, we encourage people to post things about their map in this thread.

Level 3
GeEom

Hi , i would like to enter with my friend witerspirit, i suppose i make alot of maps, about 9 major 1s, most pples dont belive me for a start, and countless shitty TDs , id like to enter with my m8 Winterspirit , who can consent and stuff t-moz,
(is it ok if we both do seperate aspects of the map, like he is imense terrain, and im OMEGA triggers and cinematics)
(bcause me n winter started this yesterday b4 we saw compotion, i think we get 0 for plot, although its vv heavy deviation, the plot base is kinda movie line. lol)

Makers GeEom and Winterspirit
map name Alien Ressurection

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
I think my teammate is dead, and I'm not pissing about, I was talking to him on MSN and this it what he said:

Billz says: i hear gunshots
Billz says: is that gunshots?
Billz says: omg
Me says: ?
Billz says: i hear gunshots
Me says: Gunshots outside your house?
Billz says: yes
Billz says: well down the road
Me says: !
Billz says: ok ...
Me says: Where do you live? It might be on the news
Billz says: south woodham ferrers
Billz says: it mite be fireworks
Me says: !
Billz says: but it was 2 deep
Billz says: and why fireworks
Me says: Why gunshots is the Question
Billz says: ok
Billz says: dw
Billz says: the map isnt on this comp mate
Me says: So.. send it to me on the old one, and I'll merge and send it to this one? If thats possible?
Billz says: its the one on my dads, ill go there sumpoint
Me says: Alright
Billz says: omg it sounds like a ak47 dude
Billz says: its an automatic
Me says: The AK-47 is the most globally used weapon.
Billz says: its used alot?
Me says: Yes
Billz says: cose its 1 shot after another not a single fire
Me says: Probably some sort of handgun then..
Billz says: no its auto
Me says: Automatic Handgun...
Me says: Oh you said NOT a signle fire
Me says: I see..
Me says: Erm.. if it is some sort of automatic most likely AK-47... since there are more AKs than any other gun.
Billz says: its a spray aswell
Billz says: u can hear
Billz says: and the most ive heard is a 32 shot reload
Billz says: its been shot 32 times before reloading
Billz says: this is scary
Me says: I'd be..
Me says: Is there a window in the room you're in?
Me says: Are you on 1st or 2nd Floor?
Billz says: 1st
Billz says: omg
Billz says: siren
Me says: Still shooting?
Billz says: there are 2 people i think
Billz says: and a couple of police cars
Billz says: having a shoot out
Billz says: ak47 peice concrete go straight through
Me says: !!!!!
Me says: Where abouts is South Woodham?
Me says: North / South of England ?
Billz says: south
Billz says: near chelmsford
Me says: South.. won't be on 'Look North' then..
Me says: :p
Me says: If something bad happens to you just hit the keyboard with random buttons.. like.. lfksdhf
Me says: Then I'll know you're, like dead
Billz says: lol k
Billz says: wtf my window
Me says: What now??
Billz says: its just been shattered
Me says: !!!!!!!!!
Billz says: #### this is scary
Me says: Get under the table
Billz says: i seen 2 guys run past my house
Me says: Still there? Pleeease
Billz says: yes sorry this is mad
Billz says: #### me
Billz says: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Billz says: police has just been shot
Me says: How you know?
Billz says: omg i wana go out there
Billz says: help him but ill get shot
Billz says: i saw him, got shot and fell off the car
Billz says: hes in the back
Me says: Just... take cover
Billz says: noo, im gona help him
Billz says: cya
Billz says: if im not backfinish the map
Billz says: bye mate i gota help
Me says: I will, 'In memory of Bill'
Me says: Please be alive...

Please don't pester me with 'This is not the place' but he's been gone for 30 mins. I don't know him personally, but I am concerned.... I know this is an uber long message but please don't be angry with me. I don't know whether I should post or not, but I'm shaking now... if you are reading this it means I've decided to post it...

Level 3
after reading some more

due to my either dont eat or sleep till its finnished / stay in bed the map will finnish iself aproach in 3 days me and winter done about ... 20 % ? of the map

the plan is basicly to use inspiration from aliens ress, which i havnt even seen... to make a map that would incorparate some breakthrough things i want to try,

i think as its holiday for me i will maybe create some models that kick ass over a few weeks for the points, or maybe i ill stick with the perfectly adaquate models i have managed to obtain.

i think the bulk of extera time we will use to incorparate as many optional quests within the map as posible, to optimize fun and replayable ability

Level 3
btw

dnt worry mate, the probablitity of that is like 10100001864/1.3 hes probably reding 8ur post and laughing his arse off

Level 8
Hero

Hero design!
Posting this for feedback/advertising

This is the main character that you will be playing as in The Tides of Flame

Brineblade: Scidion
So then, this hero has 3 stages, the begining where he uses the myrmidon model with a hero glow, the second where he uses the Royal Guard model with the same Hero glow, and the final with this model.
[Str Based] Str: 17+3.5 Int: 13+2.75 Agi: 10+1.5

Riptide

Targeting out a single unit, Scidion amplifies his hydronic power to pull it next to him. If the target is an enemy, it is delt initial damage from the pull, then bonus damage according to the distance traveled. Units near the unit before it is pulled are also delt the initial damage.

Lv.1: Medium range, 70 initial damage, {?-4%-?} of distance in bonus damage. | 120 mana | 18 sec cool
Lv.2: Large range, 130 initial damage, {?-6%-?} of distance in bonus damage. | 130 mana | 18 sec cool
Lv.3: Huge range, 200 initial damage, {?-8%-?} of distance in bonus damage. | 140 mana | 18 sec cool
Lv.4: Titanic range, 280 initial damage, {?-10%-?} of distance in bonus damage. | 150 mana | 18 sec cool

Vortex

Scidion creates a massive Vortex of water at the ground below him, seriously hampering his prey and luring all nearby enemies to attack him for the duration of Vortex. Enemy units caught on the edges of the vortex find that their movement is slowed by the rushing waters. Closer units' attacks will be hempered as well, with their movement reduced to almost nothing. Foes touching the center of the Vortex below Scidion will be so disoriented that they will lose the ability to move, their armor will reduced and that their attacks are slowed to a rediculus speed.

[Distance A] <DISTANCE B>{Distance D}
Lv.1: [Slows movement by 10%] <SLOWS 5% by attack slows and 25% movement>{Slows movement by 40%, slows attack by 15%, -3 armor} | 8 mana per second |
Lv.2: [Slows movement by 20%] <SLOWS by attack slows and movement 15% 40%>{Slows movement by 60%, slows attack by 25%, -6 armor} | 10 mana per second |
Lv.3: [Slows movement by 30%] <SLOWS by attack slows and 25% movement 55%>{Slows movement by 80%, slows attack by 35%, -9 armor} | 12 mana per second |
Lv.4: [Slows movement by 40%] <SLOWS by attack slows and movement 35% 70%>{Cannot move, slows attack by 45%, -12 armor} | 14 mana per second |

Foamscale
[Passive] (phases change after 6 seconds)

Scidion's scales harden to a razor edge, and gleam with a reef-born poision. The new scales transfer the poison to attacking melee enemies, hampering and dealing them damage over time. The deadly part of the poison is that it has 3 stages, the first is simple lowering of armor, the second is a greater armor decrease and small DOT, the final phase is a huge armor decrease and a massive DOT.

Lv.1: 4 Bonus armor, 50 damage over 18 seconds [10/20/30], Armor decrease of [2/4/6]
Lv.2: 6 Bonus armor, 100 damage over 18 seconds [20/30/50], Armor decrease of [4/6/8]
Lv.3: 8 Bonus armor, 150 damage over 18 seconds [30/40/70], Armor decrease of [6/8/10]
Lv.4: 10 Bonus armor, 200 damage over 18 seconds [40/60/100], Armor decrease of [8/10/12]

Red Waters

Scidion pulls a percentage of the attack from all nearby enemies, adding each individual amount to his own attack and a percentage of that to his attack and movement speeds.

Lv.1: Steals 30% of attack power and adds 5% of that to his attack and movement speeds. | 200 mana | 80 sec cool
Lv.2: Steals 45% of attack power and adds 7.5% of that to his attack and movement speeds. | 220 mana | 85 sec cool
Lv.3: Steals 60% of attack power and adds 10% of that to his attack and movement speeds. | 240 mana | 90 sec cool
Lv.4: Steals 75% of attack power and adds 12.5% of that to his attack and movement speeds. | 260 mana | 95 sec cool

Hero Upgrade Circuimstances
1. Royal Guard: Defeats Tzorail
2. Final: Obtains the Coralis

Coralis
[Legendary Item]

Grants a dehabilitating aura that reduces enemy armor by 25% and has a 8% chance to regain the health from any attack. Also, whenever the hero dies he has a 30% chance to ressurect instantly [3 minute cooldown].

Level 7
Well heres a preview of the map me and GivenMight will do for the contest ... :grin:

Attachments

• One Spooky Night at the Mansion Preview.w3x
    74.3 KB · Views: 78
Level 10
City Of Drugs

Ive had my first mini-test on BNet with 3 friends and they all loved it!!!!
City Of Drugs is basicly a LOAP type map where you can be a citizen, join mafia gang, police force or become a drugdealer. You can buy houses, marry, become a mayor, farmer, cook, buy cars, units, go to prison, report crimes, upgrade etc.
However, next to the main idear it has nothing to do with loap.
The main differences are:
There is a goal, each job has promotion levels, players are balanced, every player can be anything he wants, minimum on memory leaks, nice custom models, intensive gameplay and other

Attachments

• cops.JPG
    cops.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 203
Level 3
If it's not too late to join, I would. But I would need a partner, so if anyone would like to pair with me, PM me. You can see my terrains in the Terraining Challenge. I haven't uploaded any maps till now, but maybe someone needs a partner. I'm quite familiar with triggers and mapmaking, 'cause I often helped friends out.

Level 10
If it's not too late to join, I would. But I would need a partner, so if anyone would like to pair with me, PM me. You can see my terrains in the Terraining Challenge. I haven't uploaded any maps till now, but maybe someone needs a partner. I'm quite familiar with triggers and mapmaking, 'cause I often helped friends out.

Ill be your partner, i want to join this... problem is i dont have access to warcraft till around the beginning of august (6-7ish).

If thats a problem i understand.

I sumbitted 2 maps here already. So i know my way around good triggering (Im shit with JASS and custom script though, meaning i dont handle well with custom spells).

Fairly good at terrain, and i skin.

(Edit:) Pm you.... Oh....

(Edit again:) Im not gonna bother pming you now...

(Yet another Edit:) Fine ill PM

Last edited:
Level 24
Hereto Skunk we will make an RPG.Ok Bob sign us in with Materia Rpg .Sign the map name with these colors

I've added your map, and everyone to the contestants list, but I am not going to use those colours, and I have removed some of the colours, because that is really hardly readable with about 5 different colours, and the contestants list was starting to look really bad with all those colours.

Ok, I have added link to some of the maps. If you would like the name of your map in the contestants list to link to a thread or post about the map, just pm me and I will give your map a link.

Last edited:
Level 3
Geeom wants scoring advice

:confused: i was dieing of boredom (I.E. supposed to be making tutorial on how to use summint cinematic...) so i started browsing hive looking 4 ideas

now in spells page 4/5 i came across summin called sniper rifle, and the pic was of a cool scope , and i decided to check it out , coz my map is a marines vs aliens styleee , and WOW a workign scope spell, all in triggers, AWESOME ... i thought

BUT

i would usualy just export the imports to my map, and work it out for myself, but theres only going to be a few ways of working summin like that, and my dilema is this :

SHUD i try and work it out for myself and try get points for the spell but risk the judge looking up the spell, seeing ive done it kinda same , and ends up i just waste time

OR i jusrt coipy and paste like the judge wud think i had....

PLX help, im to stupid to decide, so ill just finnish these nice tutorials :angry: and await the desijion of u pples

Level 3
yeah soz oftopic but no thats not the answer, the question was should i remake the spell, or will it just look like i copyed it as i desire to achive same effect, so yes if i decide (hopefully with someones {helpfull} opinion) to just opy i would give full crediyt, but ATM its just inspiration

Level 3
your preaching to the converted

OFC , theres no debate about that , for a start i can hardly debate thqat i imported some sounds off his map ,

to try and rephraze myself clearer

i was wonderung if i sould bother working out and triggering the effects that he has done for the points in the competition ^^ (thats why it here) or if that would look like i had just Ctrl+C ed his work and therefore i would get no points

option A , i work it out and do it myself (possibly look like Ctrl+C)
option B , i Ctrl+C and defeat any chance of getting marks for the spell ......

Level 8
Even if you re-did the entire spell it's still HIS SPELL. I mean if I was a judge I would not give you any points for it.

There may be a circuimstance where you create a spell and later find out that there is a very similar spell in some map or another, but that would be different.

Level 10
Even if you re-did the entire spell it's still HIS SPELL. I mean if I was a judge I would not give you any points for it.

There may be a circuimstance where you create a spell and later find out that there is a very similar spell in some map or another, but that would be different.

I hope that no1 will recieve points based on one spell.
And even if someone does use someone's spell, its all about how do those spells fit into the game.
It can be Oh-Wow beautifull with 99999 special effects and originality, but if it doesnt fit the game, than whats the point of using it?

Level 10
It can be Oh-Wow beautifull with 99999 special effects and originality, but if it doesnt fit the game, than whats the point of using it?

Eye candy. Unfortunatly alot of people are easily distracted by flaming and shiney objects and effects, more than the plot. Some people are like children, "OH SHINEY ORB OF RAY DEATH, THIS MAP IS THE BEST"

What a world we live in.

Level 24
Ok well this is starting to get really off-topic. Ok if you use someone else's spell in your map or pretty much copy someone else's spell then I won't be giving any points for the spell.

Ok now everyone start posting screenshots of their maps again!

Status
Not open for further replies.