• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
AHA! I come back home, bored as hell, I see this new pack over here and now I've got something to listen to.

You, sir win a beer.
brew.gif
Ooh, a beer! Don't mind if I do! *Takes the beer and drinks it*

*BURP* Pardon me...

Well, I only get bored when I run out of ideas. So I must play lots of games to keep up my morale, bleargh...

Well, the only person from there who's played them is that one guy who posted (Cody9000), who proceeded to whoop my ass in all of your songs. D:
Yup, I've noticed.

But okay, next time I'll PM you first.
Um... like I've said, I'm not familiar with the PMs...

But that's okay, In fact I feel curious to know their opinions.

But it should be enough in the Hive and Audiosurf. In Hive for the Hive's crew's ears, and in Audiosurf for Audiosurfing...

Last edited:
Level 15
Argh... This is my first doublepost, I can't believe it!

Sorry about that, but I only did this for one reason...

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Pyritie, start updating that thread in the Audiosurf Forum because my sixth pack is finally ready! Here's more five musics. And don't forget to put on your seatbelt in your Audiosurf ship because these musics look promising, especially the Freaking_Out! Here's some infos about them...

Be_Relaxed - Just sit back and relax with this chippy-a-like music...
DOOM_2_Map_31_REMIX - Remember that song in the first secret level of DOOM 2? Now here's a nice remix, and I give credits to the ID (Since they've made that game long time ago.).
Dragon_Strikes_In - This one was really hard to compose, so I'm not sure if it looks great, whadaya say?
Freaking_Out - A panic-stricken music style, has 7 minutes, 4 music stages and it's really fun on Audiosurf! Hearing it was already inspiring, but what about riding it?
Wacky_Zapper_Two - Ah, still remember its last predecessor? This one has some same instruments and drumbeats but the melodies are different. Different? Well the ending is the same...

*Phew*, the sixth pack was tough. Now, on the seventh pack...!

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_6.zip
    20.9 MB · Views: 245
Level 15
Oh, these new ones are quite nice. I like the dragon thing a lot.
The Dragon_Strikes_In was kind of hard, I had problems with the drumbeats and some instruments. Then one day, I've thought of a solution.

Ho dang these are awesome.

Favorites are Freaking_Out and Wacky_Zapper_Two
Nice selection...

although the latter got a bit repetitive at times.
Hmm, which ones?

I'll record the first one later, once I get done with this math homework.
Take your time, there's no need to hurry.

But are you recording another YouTube video of Audiosurf?

<CURIOSITY>
Hmm, is Elenai okay? It's been a bit long since we last talked...

Level 8
I'll second Pyritie's selections, but the real eye-catcher for me was "Be Relaxed". Kinda sounded a bit like your old Warcraft Remix at the beginning, but then moved on to a nice chip tune (Which I believe we have a social group for). +Rep either way.

Level 15
I'll second Pyritie's selections, but the real eye-catcher for me was "Be Relaxed". Kinda sounded a bit like your old Warcraft Remix at the beginning, but then moved on to a nice chip tune (Which I believe we have a social group for). +Rep either way.
Yes, I've used the same instruments and drumbeats from the Simple_Warcrafting music to make the Be_Relaxed music.

Chip-a-like musics are kind of fun to make, reminds me those good old gaming consoles such as Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga (Plays only MOD music format.), NES, and many others.

Maybe I'll plan a chippy one for the seventh pack...

Here's the video of Dragon_Strikes_In and Wacky_Zapper_Two.

I did one of Freaking_Out, but the video's acting all strange so I'll probably need to re-record it. :p

I still have no idea why Camtasia makes it so laggy though. :/ I can't use fraps because for some reason whenever I start recording, both Audiosurf and Fraps crash.

Level 15
Here's the video of Dragon_Strikes_In and Wacky_Zapper_Two.
Good show! I see you've played well as Double Vision characters, it's a bit tricky controlling two ships at the same time.

I only play as Mono, Mono Pro, Ninja Mono and Vegas characters.

I did one of Freaking_Out, but the video's acting all strange so I'll probably need to re-record it. :p

I still have no idea why Camtasia makes it so laggy though. :/ I can't use fraps because for some reason whenever I start recording, both Audiosurf and Fraps crash.
I once tried recording videos through 3D games with many video capturing programs, but they've lagged.

Sometimes I tweak the "frames per second" option, but it's hard to guess how many frames per second does a 3D animation have.

I wish there was a perfect video capturing program that should record things smoothly, no lags, no crashes and with sounds.

Good show! I see you've played well as Double Vision characters, it's a bit tricky controlling two ships at the same time.
I did it with a friend on my bus to school. :D I was on the right.

I only play as Mono, Mono Pro, Ninja Mono and Vegas characters.
So I see you bought it. Do you have a audiosurf account so I can add you?

I wish there was a perfect video capturing program that should record things smoothly, no lags, no crashes and with sounds.
Isn't that what we all want? :p

Level 15
So I see you bought it.
Yup. I said I'd play it later. So yes, I did :smile:.

Do you have a audiosurf account so I can add you?
Unfortunately, no. Sorry.

Because the computer that I'm using to chat here is too slow; it's an old Pentium Celeron. Playing WC3 here was already too lagging.

I've brought a Pentium 4 for myself and left this one for my sisters, but the problem is, it has no Internet connection. Click on this link for more info about my PC in the Computer Tech Section.

Isn't that what we all want? :p
Sure we do. And that's not all...!

Level 15
Second doublepost, this is definitely NOT me.

Sorry again, but here's yet another reason for it:

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
The seventh pack is finally ready, six more musics have been added. Here's the following info about them:

Computing_The_Chip - A nice chippy music, hope you like it.
Eat_Your_Chip - A space-a-like music, but also a chip.
Electromagnetic_Life - A calm and nice music.
Funny_Space - Ride into space!
Hunter_And_Prey - A horrid-pursuit-a-like music.
Time_Is_Running_Out - Warning! This music will self-destruct at the end of the music! Expect extreme intensive red-colored parts in Audiosurf!

Now, onto the eighth pack, and that might be my last pack. Last? Well, not if I come up with more new musics. Boredom is really killing me and I'm thinking of taking a break...

Audiosurf, is indeed a great program; it helps me testing certain things between calm and heavy melodies in my musics. I hope I can make a better one than the Freaking_Out music, probably more than 7 minutes!

Hmm, can Audiosurf handle 1 hour of music?

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_7.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 223
Warning! This music will self-destruct at the end of the music! Expect extreme intensive red-colored parts in Audiosurf!
D:

Now, onto the eighth pack, and that might be my last pack. Last? Well, not if I come up with more new musics. Boredom is really killing me and I'm thinking of taking a break...
Everyone needs breaks. I'm sure the music you've made so far will keep us busy for quite a while :D

Hmm, can Audiosurf handle 1 hour of music?
It used to be 25 minutes, but they recently increased it to an hour.

It'd take quite a while to load though :eek:

Why? You thinking of making one? D:

Level 15
Everyone needs breaks. I'm sure the music you've made so far will keep us busy for quite a while :D
Indeed.

It used to be 25 minutes, but they recently increased it to an hour.

It'd take quite a while to load though :eek:
Hmm... I'll try making a dummy music and test its limits. First, I'll try 30 minutes.

Why? You thinking of making one? D:
Maybe, or perhaps less than 1 hour, sounds like I've exaggerated a bit...

That would be my very first time to make a big one, but it's going to cost me plenty of time to make up new melodies, so they won't sound too repetitive. I'm also thinking of adding both calm and intensive ones, just to make it look like a wacky, but exciting roller coaster.

And because I wish to see how much fun it'll become. And the title for that colossal music would be, Giganoto_Byte. Let's hope it won't go more than 50 MB, even ZIPped.

Level 15
If you have WinZip or WinRar you can split it into parts if it gets too big.
Yes, I have them, and I also have WinAce and 7Zip :smile:.

I was referring about loading it into Audiosurf. Things could get slow, having too much RAM drained, or causing a crash. But I doubt it'll happen...

Oh, and when I said "even ZIPped", was because this site won't support more than 50 MB. But yes, if it gets bigger, I'll split it.

Level 15
I've played a song that was 45 minutes. I hardly noticed much of a difference.

Granted, I have 2GB RAM and a 2.2GHz duo processor...
Ah, then Audiosurf is capable of handling big musics. Excellent!

Once my brains are refreshed from tedium, I'll start composing the big one for the eighth pack, then maybe I'll release it on my birthday.

<EDIT>
I've finished testing the limits, and it looks like my Audiosurf only supports musics up to 24 minutes and 59 seconds.

Due to this conclusion, I'll be shrinking my colossal music down to 25 minutes.

<EDIT 2>
The Giganoto_Byte music is going quite well, so far I've made it up to 7 minutes (Which reminds us the Freaking_Out music's duration.), but there are still 18 minutes left to make.

I'm afraid the music won't be finished on my birthday, but I'll try to finish it real soon...

Last edited:
Level 15
Sorry for doubleposting, but there seems to be a little misunderstanding (I've recently checked the Audiosurf Forum, but something ain't right.)...

I should've doubleposted here to inform the two following quotes from my previous post:

<EDIT>
I've finished testing the limits, and it looks like my Audiosurf only supports musics up to 24 minutes and 59 seconds.

Due to this conclusion, I'll be shrinking my colossal music down to 25 minutes.
<EDIT 2>
The Giganoto_Byte music is going quite well, so far I've made it up to 7 minutes (Which reminds us the Freaking_Out music's duration.), but there are still 18 minutes left to make.

I'm afraid the music won't be finished on my birthday, but I'll try to finish it real soon...

But instead I've edited my previous post for updating infos, hoping that everyone would come, read them and understand, but none came.

And what's worse, everyone now believes that I'm actually planning to make an one hour of music when I've recently decided to make it only 25 minutes!

I hate doubleposting (As it is against the rules.), but this thread seems to be going a bit abandoned :sad:...

I hope you're not all feeling disappointed (Or angry at me.) for deciding to make it only for 25 minutes. I'm terribly sorry.

Level 15
Thanks, Pyritie. And sorry again, I should've been more specific before.

As for the coming music, the probabilities for ending this music might not exactly be on 25 minutes, it might end on 20, 22, or 24 (Depending on the beats.). And its progress is, so far, 9 minutes complete.

But it's getting too difficult for me to make it. It appears that I don't have what it takes to make really big ones :sad:...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
These are amazing. And not everyone produces music, of course.

I guess FL studio is not free. At least the music seems of good quality for such a program to be free.
Do you have people that help you in playing the instruments or do you do all the mixture in FL Studio?

Level 15
These are amazing. And not everyone produces music, of course.
Thanks, but I only create musics for my amusement, or using them for games.

However, I have a feeling that my creations are coming to an end...

I guess FL studio is not free. At least the music seems of good quality for such a program to be free.
FL Studio is not free indeed, and some of its built-in plugins are demo.

As for the qualities, I like using synthesizer plugins more than instrumental WAV files to make music. The only WAVs I use are from drumloops and some SFXs. And I'm also using free 3rd party plugins (VST and DX.).

Do you have people that help you in playing the instruments or do you do all the mixture in FL Studio?
No, I'm only one person doing the mixtures. I've never played a real instrument before (Except the school's piano when I was a kid.). These computers nowadays can do almost anything; they are REAL instruments!

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
I have finished the Giganoto_Byte and I'll release it on the next monday.

But unfortunately I've made the music up to 16 minutes. Is that okay, Pyritie?

Level 15
<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Alright, this is it. Not only today's my 25th birthday but I'll finally release the Giganoto_Byte! Sorry for keeping you all waiting.

And before I released it, I had to make some modifications to it, now the music's been extended up to 21 minutes, that's because I came up with some good tunes few days ago. Looks better than the old 16 minutes I had planned earlier.

And also, sorry for the 34 MB of space, but I had to raise a little quality up to 224 kbps, because I've noticed some flaws in it as 160 kbps. You may not notice much of a difference if you change it manually, but I have real sensitive ears to detect basses, trembles and also some annoying hisses, clicks and pops. And besides, the darn ZIP won't compress any smaller than this...

The Giganoto_Byte music contains 12 music stages (Which was one hell of a job to make!) that varies with Major and Minor styles.

Oh, you might be surprised when you listen at the 6th stage; it's a little bit from the Freaking_Out music, but with different instruments now. Sorry, I couldn't resist, its melody is too darn inspiring.

Also this entire music has the same drumbeat, because I like it a lot and it's quite smashing along with some lesser drumbeats.

Pyritie, before you update that thread in the Audiosurf Forum, I'd like to give you the honor to test it. I think you'll like it as much as you liked the Freaking_Out music.

I wish Elenai was here for this moment, I'm starting to miss him.

<NOTE>
Firstly, I wish to thank you all for supporting me with all of your opinions, as the purpose of this thread was to tell me how good or bad my musics sounded.

Secondly, I'm about to take a grand break with the musics as I'm out of ideas and my motivation is too low to keep making more, and this thread will probably be abandoned until I necropost with something new, or not...

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_8.zip
    33.5 MB · Views: 230
Level 15
...wow.

That was... it felt like a journey or something... not so much a journey in the traditional sense but a journey of... I don't know... you? It's kinda hard to explain...
Huh? Sorry, I don't understand.

Journey of me? Or not knowing me?

Please explain...

This was, by far, your masterpiece. You must be very proud, eh?
I'm not proud, I'm just happy that I've finally finished it.

Huh? Sorry, I don't understand.

Journey of me? Or not knowing me?

Please explain...
I dunno, it just feels like... it's got a lot of feeling behind it, if you get what I mean.

I'm not proud, I'm just happy that I've finally finished it.

Well you damn well should be proud ;D

Level 15
I dunno, it just feels like... it's got a lot of feeling behind it, if you get what I mean.
Sorry, I still don't get it. I'm not too bright :sad:.

All I can tell is this music's got 12 stages, and each stage got its own title name, and perhaps a meaning. I was planning to post their title names here, but I thought they weren't necessary. So, would you like me to post their title names here?

Ahh, 21 minutes... Nice record! But I had enough with the big ones. From now on, I'll stick with the small musics, the last one got me really tired...

Well you damn well should be proud ;D
I know, but I have no pride of what I do. I'm just a simple normal person with creativity skills. I love comics better than musics.

But anyway, thanks.

Amazing Music DarkGiganotosaur! I love it! And same as pyrite on the song.
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
Thank you.

Sorry, I still don't get it. I'm not too bright :sad:.
It's sorta like how sometimes when reading a book (for example) you can sort of "hear" the author behind it? Bah, it's hard to explain. Basically, there's more to music (especially this last one) than just the tune. ;D

Oh, and should I go post in the audiosurf forums yet?

Level 15
That last one is simply cool. One thing I always regretted was the short length of your electronica. Now, however, that's changed.
Thanks!

Well, sometimes 1 minute is never enough music, but I only find it useful for looped musics such as OGGs. And I want to avoid repetitive parts.

But, in your opinion, how many minutes would you recommend?

Innkeeper, bring me two beers! One for me and one for Frostwhisper!

It's sorta like how sometimes when reading a book (for example) you can sort of "hear" the author behind it? Bah, it's hard to explain. Basically, there's more to music (especially this last one) than just the tune. ;D
Oh, okay. I thought there was something wrong with my music, so I got a little confused.

Which music stages you liked much? Just curiosity...

Oh, and should I go post in the audiosurf forums yet?
Go ahead, you and your friends need to have some fun :wink:.

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Thanks!

Well, sometimes 1 minute is never enough music, but I only find it useful for looped musics such as OGGs. And I want to avoid repetitive parts.

But, in your opinion, how many minutes would you recommend?

I find most of your melodies good enough to be enjoyable even in longer, and as you said, more repetitive tracks.
Anyway, the length I recommend... well, I really enjoyed Freaking out's length, but I understand that making 7 minute tracks could be a tad tedious.
I find tracks ranging from five to six really good (usually electronica are even longer). But like I said, the way you comprehend the music and make the transition between it's phases is a big plus when making longer tracks. So yeah... 5, 6, 7... something along these lines I enjoy the most.

Level 15
I find most of your melodies good enough to be enjoyable even in longer, and as you said, more repetitive tracks.
Well, sounding a little repetitive wouldn't hurt anyone...

Anyway, the length I recommend... well, I really enjoyed Freaking out's length, but I understand that making 7 minute tracks could be a tad tedious.
Let's see, comparing 7 minutes with 21 minutes, I'd rather choose... 7 minutes.

But still, yes, it's a bit of sweaty work.

I find tracks ranging from five to six really good (usually electronica are even longer). But like I said, the way you comprehend the music and make the transition between it's phases is a big plus when making longer tracks. So yeah... 5, 6, 7... something along these lines I enjoy the most.
Hmm, 5 or 6 minutes seem to be fine.

But the time depends on the music's tempo though. Normally a slower tempo lasts longer than a faster tempo.

Level 35
Ah the muse of a giaganotosaur is gone..But have no fear, for it shall return.

I am back, and I am casting resurrect on this thread so in order to tell you,

DONT GIVE UP! JUST LOOK AROUND! THE WORLD IS YOUR INSTRUMENT! The winds are your flutes, the water your strings! The thunder cloud your SYMPHONY! The rumble of the earth your precussion! The Raging OCEAN THE CHOIR! and You stand at the helm in the stars! Conducting with power and great finess!

So if that doesn't inspire you, I'll figure out more ^^

Level 15
I dunno :3 They were all so good :D
Thanks!

Ah the muse of a giaganotosaur is gone..But have no fear, for it shall return.
We meet again, Elenai! You have returned at last! Good to see you again.

Well, I'm still taking a break, but I'll be back.

I am back, and I am casting resurrect on this thread so in order to tell you,

DONT GIVE UP! JUST LOOK AROUND! THE WORLD IS YOUR INSTRUMENT! The winds are your flutes, the water your strings! The thunder cloud your SYMPHONY! The rumble of the earth your precussion! The Raging OCEAN THE CHOIR! and You stand at the helm in the stars! Conducting with power and great finess!

So if that doesn't inspire you, I'll figure out more ^^
Wow, nice words! Thanks, but this thread didn't die. I only said I was taking a grand break, not giving up.

The 9th pack that I will plan in the future will not be the same as the last one (Not 21 minutes, that is.), but I hope I can plan some juicy tidbit tunes.

And by the way, have you listened the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th packs yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.