• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When Servers Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tested the prototype version you've posted in the Paired Mapping Contest and I did noticed some flaws, even though the map is a WIP.

- In Hive team, when you click on the ? unit, you'll get a random character so don't have the freedom to choose your character at your own will. And you rarely have a chance to play as me.
- Wc3c team lacks choices of heroes, but the map isn't finished though.
- The turrets do not attack.
- No winning condition when destroying the enemy server.

Since the minigames are too incomplete, I cannot give you any critiques.

Some flaws on my DvO character, since you didn't add stuffs from my earlier post:
- His model size should be 1.75.
- The Necromancer voice should be replaced by Varimathras.
- His main stat should be Intelligence, not Agility.
- His attack type should be either Magic or Chaos.
- His missile should be the Pheonix fire missile with scaling projectiles off.
- Symbol of Death spell is too powerful for normal units and buildings (but cannot damage heroes), so you can easily win this game with this character. Note that Symbol of Death uses Archimonde's Finger of Death spell to zap enemies. You should modify that Finger of Death spell so that the damage will be 100 or 75 instead of 500, and make sure that "targets allowed" should be Air, Ground, Enemy, Mechanical and Organic.
- Symbol of Death spell should have a more fitting icon. I did gave you a link for an example of a fitting icon.

I think it would be best for me to be ONLY on Wc3campaigns side, since there are already a lot of Hive members confirmed.

- The turrets do not attack.
I was going to make them so the generic users have to occupy them to control them, but that is not yet implemented (NYI)
- No winning condition when destroying the enemy server.
NYI

Since the minigames are too incomplete, I cannot give you any critiques.

Symbol of Death spell is too powerful for normal units and buildings (but cannot damage heroes), so you can easily win this game with this character. Note that Symbol of Death uses Archimonde's Finger of Death spell to zap enemies. You should modify that Finger of Death spell so that the damage will be 100 or 75 instead of 500, and make sure that "targets allowed" should be Air, Ground, Enemy, Mechanical and Organic.
I thought I made it like 75 damage or something already. Huh.

I think it would be best for me to be ONLY on Wc3campaigns side, since there are already a lot of Hive members confirmed.
Will do. You have been removed from the hive list.

UchihaSasuke.gr said:
When will Pyritie return?
Right about now. :cgrin:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Well, I've decided on a better idea for my spell.
A totem of fire and water. The shaman summons an immovable totem at a target location. The totem regenerates a % of mana to all nearby friendly units per second. When the totem dies, it creates a fire nova around it, dealing X damage to all enemy units in a certain radius. The totem lasts about 10 seconds or so.

Level 31
Cavman [c] TheCavman(suplied) [c] TheCavman(supplied) [c] Angry Stick: Temporarily increases the melee attack power and attack rate. [r]

The model is actully a slightly modified version of one I had on wc3ser way back when. Oh, and the site lies about the sizes, I ran them through the squish and the normal model should be at about 40kb adn the portrait at 20.
The skin though, I need to find a compressor that works.

Attachments

• TheCavman_portrait_squished_squished.mdx
    64.5 KB · Views: 95
  • TheCavman_squished_squished.mdx
    178 KB · Views: 99
  • TheCavman.blp
    89.2 KB · Views: 73
  • BTNTheCavman.blp
    9.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DISBTNTheCavman.blp
    6.5 KB · Views: 58
  • BTN_Cavman.jpg
    BTN_Cavman.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,914
Level 4
Lord_Nor [c] Lord Garithos - (icon ingame) [c] Admiral Proudmoore [c] The Sea's Wrath - (an increasing ability with more and more tornadoes per level) [r]

Level 26
There is a DarkKnight but no 1)ark_NiTe, wtf is this!?
Post here with the following, so I can add you to a table (it is much easier for me and DesKaladA to keep track of people that way). Here's what you post to be added to the map (please wrap it in tags so I can just copy and paste it up here instead of having to quote)

YOUR NAME [c] ICON [c] MODEL [c] ONE SPELL [r] [/QUOTE]

Cavman [c] TheCavman(suplied) [c] TheCavman(supplied) [c] Angry Stick: Temporarily increases the melee attack power and attack rate. [r]

The model is actully a slightly modified version of one I had on wc3ser way back when. Oh, and the site lies about the sizes, I ran them through the squish and the normal model should be at about 40kb adn the portrait at 20.
The skin though, I need to find a compressor that works.
Blah, we have a bunch of room left. I'm being a bit more lenient about model sizes.

Lord_Nor [c] Lord Garithos - (icon ingame) [c] Admiral Proudmoore [c] The Sea's Wrath - (an increasing ability with more and more tornadoes per level) [r]
Sorry, but you are not well known enough here to be added.

Out of suggestion from cavman, I'll try to sign up.

MySpaceBarBroke [c] Fire(pandaren) [c] GF's awesome pandaren battlemaster or Fire(Pandaren) [c] Sarcasm Aura: A strong thorns aura that needs to be activated and drains caster's mana over time. [r]
I wanted a better idea for a spell, but I'm just going to go with this.
Added.

Name: 1)ark_NiTe
icons_154_btn.jpg
Model: Death KnightAbility: /Squelch: Stops the enemy from casting spells for a short amount of time.
Added.

Level 27
i want to change my thingies plz

The_wand_mirror [c] [c] Demon Hunter Morphed (The demon thingy) [c] Sadism - tortures the targeted doing damage to health and giving me double of the hitpoints he looses per torture interval. And when you are tortured you cant do anything back .. just wait or damage me with a spell to escape. [r]

Y? ^^

i want to change my thingies plz

The_wand_mirror [c] [c] Demon Hunter Morphed (The demon thingy) [c] Sadism - tortures the targeted doing damage to health and giving me double of the hitpoints he looses per torture interval. And when you are tortured you cant do anything back .. just wait or damage me with a spell to escape. [r]

Y? ^^

Changed. I'm pretty sure we have enough Users for now. Just need more responses for what the staff want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.