• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Competition of Doom - Mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Yes, speaking of finals...

The contest is fast approaching its end (four days left!), so I would be much obliged if every contestant could please do one of the following:

1. Submit their final entry, and indicate that it is so in their post, or
2. Give a link to the post containing their final entry.

Also, consider giving your concept a name and/or a little bit of background.

Level 23
Colour is up in the air; but remember, I can only build what's in the picture. Any detail you leave out is detail I can use against you to butcher your design.:spell_breaker:

Having said that, you can always just put an arrow pointing to an area and write the colour. The format of this compo is very relaxed; we're here for ideas, not solely technical proficiency.

Last edited:
Level 35
RDZ I have a question...You are a being with excellent common sense (we all know this) But do you know how High Elven color schemes look?

Because I do not really know how to color my concept...(mostly because I can't decide what colors to use)

So can I just leave it up to you?

(Of course this is all if I win the contest.)

Level 18
Well, here it is for clarification, tell me if you like the symbol on the chest or not

Attachments

• Concept Robot.png
    Concept Robot.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 273
  • Concept Robot1.png
    Concept Robot1.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 150
Level 10
RDZ, art rage gone with painting I can't show anything I didn't photobucket it, I used the file. Edited final W.I.P with final on page 12.

Level 23
RDZ I have a question...You are a being with excellent common sense (we all know this) But do you know how High Elven color schemes look?

Because I do not really know how to color my concept...(mostly because I can't decide what colors to use)

So can I just leave it up to you?

(Of course this is all if I win the contest.)

If you leave colour (or any mention of colour) out of your concept, you leave the decision up to myself and kharma. I can give no guarantees about what colours these may end up being.

So i guess I will save stuff as pngs from now on, hmmm, guess i will re-upload the pic as a png. I still cant change wut it is right now though, file is on other com and that com is locked right now, so u will have to put up with the approximately 1min 42sec loading time.

Click "Edit Post" then click "Go Advanced" then add your new one and remove your old one. Very simple.

Level 10
Here are my finals.

One non-color, and one that is partially colored.

The darker blue is the areas where the team color could be.

You might also add a fuel line to the gun.

This is comming from a guy who has no artistic skills, but...

Blue and white don't really go together imo, it doesn't fill the void for me. Don't have to listen to me though, the design is really good:)

Status
Not open for further replies.