• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Competition of Doom - Mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
RDZ, to be clear, when you mean 4 legs only do you really mean 4 limbs or can we have something like 2 legs and 4 arms or would that count as a thing way to hard to animate?

Level 11
He's shaping up now. Got his robo-space-sea legs. I think I should make him a little pet robot parrot.

Attachments

• robopirate.jpg
    robopirate.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 290
Serpentus Kaamos:Revised

ohh,make the parrot with a huge ass beak,it would make it an awesome add on to a spell animation (bird opens its giant mouth and shoots fire or something :D )

And Rao,the anims I was talking about,something vaguely close to those.

EDIT:
Since I don't have a scanner and can't find a pencil or pen here,not gonna do a drawing,will revise my concept in a second.

View attachment Serpentus-Kaamos.bmp

Last edited:
Level 11
I used Flash. After I line it and fill in the colors I usually use photoshop to do shading and whatnot. Or I just give it some flat shading-ness with Flash some more.

Yeah, Futurama and silly Sci-Fi cartoons was the basis for his style. If you ever saw that space-y version of Treasure Island that disney made, I originally was thinking of the captain with the robot arm when I thought of this guy.

Level 23
RDZ, to be clear, when you mean 4 legs only do you really mean 4 limbs or can we have something like 2 legs and 4 arms or would that count as a thing way to hard to animate?

I mean four legs; you can have as many subsidiary limbs as you like. As long as the item stands on only four appendages, and only these four appendages are involved in its propulsion.

Level 23
Contest Judging And Voting
  • The winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
I will encourage the public to vote on coolness of idea and clarity of presentation rather than by how perfect the curves are or how straight the lines are.

Remember that the "worse" your presentation is, the more I will have to "interpret" myself in building the model -- which means it may well stray from your concept. The model will be constructed solely from your final submission.

Rao,i'll mod my submission a bit,make it like a robotic chinese dragon.

Kinda got side tracked there,its gonna be more like a dragonoid demonbot or something.Looks AWESOME from some angles.

And to remind everyone else:
No scanner,can't draw what I have in mind.
Can't use paint to express it.
Can't use 3Dmax worth a shit.
Current 3D program is incompatible with Wc3

EDIT:
Serpentus.jpg
Here we are,I have some new ideas for extra animations:
Spell Slam - Alternate:
Swing the torso enough to get the wings close enough to do a melee attack-type animation (Use the wings as a weapon?)Would work for a Roar animation too)
Spell - Alternate:
Use the same Spell animation as the normal form,just with the morphed head instead of the normal head.
Morph:
Head 1 goes down into a slot,Head 2 (The Hood) rolls up.
Morph - Alternate:
Head 2 rolls back into position,Head 1 slides back up.

Last edited:
Level 3
I think im in... I have made until now this:slp::infl_thumbs_up: how that is good for something its not totally mechanical but it can be used as a tower or Power generator :infl_thumbs_up: Goliath Shard

Attachments

• paper Concept.jpg
    paper Concept.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 164
  • concept look.jpg
    concept look.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.