• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #2 - Racial Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hit

hit

Level 6
I havn't finish, tell me if it is good
(It is the Shaman ^^ and it is my first skin)

Attachments

• HumanShamanCompetition.blp
    89.8 KB · Views: 110
  • ScreenshotSkin1.JPG
    ScreenshotSkin1.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 146
  • ScreenshotSkin2.JPG
    ScreenshotSkin2.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 159

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I havn't finish, tell me if it is good
(It is the Shaman ^^ and it is my first skin)

Oh, so you recolor the green to peach and call it a skin?

Mephisto - Good, however, that cross on his cape... does not look so good (to me). Perhaps you replacing with the symbol of his belt will make it look nice.

Dunno, I know it looks simple, as done in paint or something, but I felt I had to have it with:wink:
Another Pentagram might be too much of it, I gpt the feeling that alot of people is sick of Pentagrams now:bored:
Think I'm going to leave it as it is, besides, working on an attachment pack now, finally learned modelling :grin: . Don't think I got the time for it...:sad:

Level 12
Please change his eyes so it does not look like he just crapped his pants. His beard needs a lot more contrast. I am assuming that you are making a human so I am wondering why you haven't alphaed the horns, unless they are team color or leave holes in his head or something.

Please change his eyes so it does not look like he just crapped his pants. His beard needs a lot more contrast. I am assuming that you are making a human so I am wondering why you haven't alphaed the horns, unless they are team color or leave holes in his head or something.

I dont know what to do with the eyes, when you made that comment i almost cried with laughter, oh and one thing, the horns do leave holes in his head but i don't know what else to do with them.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Make the horns a part of some helmet like covering on his head under the hood. As in, metal horns protruding from this helmet.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Why not, always works as good protection when all else fails.

Level 6
Mephisto i suggest u define the facial structure a bit
highlight the cheeckbones and do some more shading
oh... and one more thing about the armor i think u should change it into dark metal or something i think it would look far cooler

Mephisto i suggest u define the facial structure a bit
highlight the cheeckbones and do some more shading
oh... and one more thing about the armor i think u should change it into dark metal or something i think it would look far cooler

Don't think I'll bother, I'll have to make the entire armor again, and as said, I'm doing a attachment pack now, so don't have much spare time, I think I'll just leave it as it is...:emote_neutral:

@ Iristle: One suggestion is to alpha the horns half-way out, so that they look kinda ghost like thingy. Like he's possesed by some night Elf Druid spirit. Oh, god that's a bad suggestion:emote_razz:

Level 9
Though in principle I would not post WIPs, here is my first one.
I am trying to convert the Priestess of the Moon into Queen of Beasts, either a neutral or Human Hero.
queenofbeastspreviewv2uj9.jpg

I know, I did not do (quite) anything to the beast beneath.
Have a question for you, as I am not that enthusiastic about neither one... should I convert the white tiger in a standard Bengal tiger - keeping the same markings on its skin or not, please specify - or should I make it a panther?

Sorry for the size of the screenshot.
Cheers.

Attachments

• PriestessOfTheMoon.tga
    256 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Level 5
Well, then its no problem.. :D
I also agree with Supa.. Fishnets do not fit in.. Looking away from that, it seems great...

EDIT: Anyway, here is a update to my monk.. Still not fully satisfied..

Attachments

• Monk.jpg
    Monk.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Level 9
Queen of Beasts - reskin by BlackDoom for the Priestess of the Moon

Ok... In my opinion, this is quite finished, as I see it... Some tweaks would be feasible (as full helm and such) but that I leave for some other time...

Queen of Beasts

This is the official preview (I know, 181.474 bytes / 177 KB it's quite a size... sorry...):
qobsubmissionpreviewps1.jpg

There are also the skin in TGA (PriestessOfTheMoon.tga), BLP (PriestessOfTheMoon.blp) and the icon for it, in BLP (BTNQueenOfBeasts.blp and DISBTNQueenOfBeasts.blp). The skin is also available in JPG (QoB_skinpreview.jpg), so you are not forced to download it in order to preview it. You have a preview of the icon in the submission preview (above).
I am sorry, but I do not have W3 on my PC, so you'll have to wait until I can upload a proper in-game screenshot.

Credit is due for the re-skin operation. The icon, as specified in the preview above, is a modification of the original Blizzard icon of the Priestess of the Moon, so I should only be credited for the modding work, not for the original icon. Hope Daelin won't take my head off for this... :) Anyway, point is that you are free to ignore the icon enclosed in this submission. It's meant to be a quick-fix for anyone wanting to use this skin in their maps, that's all.

The BLP files were tested with W3V before upload. Hope nothing will go wrong and the files will also work in your maps.
I do not know which are the proper paths to set for this skin, as I am not familiar with this process... The original name of the skin file is also set on this file. More than this, I can't provide any help...

Cheers and good luck, everyone!

Edit 1: First screenie, here it is. More will come these days.

Edit 2: The map does not have the DISBTN correctly imported; path should have Disabled in it, yet I forgot. Thanks SuPa for the importing tip!

Attachments

• PriestessOfTheMoon.blp
    106.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DISBTNQueenOfBeasts.blp
    7.9 KB · Views: 112
  • BTNQueenOfBeasts.blp
    11 KB · Views: 117
  • QoB_skinpreview.jpg
    QoB_skinpreview.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 251
  • PriestessOfTheMoon.tga
    256 KB · Views: 111
  • priestess01.jpg
    priestess01.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 307
  • QoB.w3x
    142.4 KB · Views: 93
  • QoB_ingame_view.jpg
    QoB_ingame_view.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Level 5
submission

i aree with supa on this one

yea, yea whatever here is my submission:
(sry for bad screenshots, im not good to this)

Attachments

• ArcanePriest.blp
    121.1 KB · Views: 117
  • OrcWarlockGuldan kopi.jpg
    OrcWarlockGuldan kopi.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 241
  • screenie.jpg
    screenie.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 339
  • WC3ScrnShot_032907_215142_02 kopi.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_032907_215142_02 kopi.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 262