• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music

Level 15
Canine desperation for the most part, but I might use some others :D
Well, I still remember when you asked me to make my own version of one of your tunes. So, why not? In fact, I'm curious to see the results of your own version of my tunes.

Permission granted, but credits must be given in return :wink:...

One more thing, if you're having any difficulties at figuring out how my melodies are played, I could share the melody scores via FL project file for you to load in your FL Studio (Assuming your FL's version is 8.).

Level 15
First, two words about your music, impressive and beautiful.

Second, this may be a little bit difficult for me, but no problem *cracks fingers*, I'll give it a try (When I have some free time -- been a little busy with Spore GA...).

This will take some time for me to do this, and I'll do my best.

Last edited:
Level 15
And voilá! After carefully listening to your music, I have successfully made an electro version of it (No ID3 Tag in it.). The results are deliciously amazing.

Credits to HappyTauren for his original music.

You may click here to download. (Note: It's a pastebin file -- it'll vanish after this month.)

Capture-61.png

Congrats dude :D

Although she spelt your name wrong xD

Level 15
Ohmahgahd, it's awesome :D I like how you interpreted my bridges and stuff like that, the most awesome details there :D Also, synth solo=win
Thanks!

Like I've said, it is very possible to convert a music style to another...

Congrats dude :D
Thanks!

I've got to admit, getting those three tunes featured was harder than I thought (I couldn't sleep for days just to think about it.).

Although she spelt your name wrong xD
Well, we all make mistakes sometimes. But that's okay--at least everybody knows who's that giant carnivorous dark dinosaur...

But seriously, giganotosaur isn't very hard to spell...

<UPDATE>
Well, so far I've finished 2 tunes for the 14th pack, one of them is a music remix of one of the good old DOS games, "The Cycles". The other one is a space-like music. Still need to make 6 more to be released...

Last edited:
Level 15
Indeed.

These "toys" pack a lot of instruments and effects for our musical needs. Although I still use some useful instrumental WAVE files for drumloops, sound effects, and other things...

There's one thing I never do, singing--I've got a terrible voice...!

Oh, dude, if you want singing, get me lyrics, I can do the job for you. Also, search for "EDIROL ORCHESTRAL" plugin, it offers a wide variety of orchestral samples, it's sorta hard to work with, but it's amazing. Also, drums, try EZdrummer, it's got all sorts of stuff, like Latin percussion, metal drums, rock/pop, vintage drums, and so on, it's really powerful. For guitar sounds I'd say RealStrat would do the job, both accoustic and electric. As for the organ, I can give you an organ soundfont that Elenai gave me, it's really powerful.

Level 15
Oh, dude, if you want singing, get me lyrics, I can do the job for you.
Thanks, but I never sing--too embarassing for me...

I'll stick with the instruments, it's what I like best.

Also, search for "EDIROL ORCHESTRAL" plugin, it offers a wide variety of orchestral samples, it's sorta hard to work with, but it's amazing. Also, drums, try EZdrummer, it's got all sorts of stuff, like Latin percussion, metal drums, rock/pop, vintage drums, and so on, it's really powerful. For guitar sounds I'd say RealStrat would do the job, both accoustic and electric. As for the organ, I can give you an organ soundfont that Elenai gave me, it's really powerful.
Thanks, but I already possess a large quantity of plugins. And I think I already got some of those, if not then I'll check them out...

As for the organ sountfont, sounds interesting...

Last edited:
Level 15
I don't know where Elenai got it from, but it's a really good one, try it.
Yep, got the file, I'll go try it out...

Also, EZdrummer is a drum sampler that weights over 5GB, but if you want really quality percussion, it's the way to go.
Woah! Five gigabytes is way too big!

But that's okay, I already got enough drums, both samples and plugins. I can also slice the drumloops so I can tweak my own beats.

<EDIT>
Oh, it's a church organ! And yes, this one is pretty good.

In my Cemetery_World music, I have used three different church organ instruments to simulate a real church organ. Looks like I'll be saving some CPU and RAM resources next time!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yep, got the file, I'll go try it out...

Woah! Five gigabytes is way too big!

But that's okay, I already got enough drums, both samples and plugins. I can also slice the drumloops so I can tweak my own beats.

<EDIT>
Oh, it's a church organ! And yes, this one is pretty good.

In my Cemetery_World music, I have used three different church organ instruments to simulate a real church organ. Looks like I'll be saving some CPU and RAM resources next time!

Thanks!
Yeah, it's really big, but it also offers samples at high bit rates, huge variation of it (like 20 files per one drum part or something). But however, that's mostly when you're doing rock/metal studio music, where instruments need to sound real.

And yeah, this organ is really great for weighting only roughly 300kb. Also, thank Elenai, he provided this one to me.

Level 15
Well, the first thing I do is to add a Fruity Reverb plugin (In its default preset.) on the master channel. Oh, and removing the Fruity Limiter plugin (If present.)--it screws the music when some instruments play too loud.

Then I assign one or more instruments to each channel. And on each channel, I add whatever effects I want. Like flanger, chorus, phaser, delay, etc..

Also, there's a neat plugin called Fruity Love Philter that adds amazing phaser-like effects, and it also follows the tempo. Another useful plugin that I often use is called Fruity Flangus that sounds like a flanger, but generates interesting effects. For distorted sounds I use Fruity Blood Overdrive, like I used on my Extreme_Radiation music. I also use Fruity Parametric EQ (1 and 2.) to tweak the sound frequencies, until it pleases me.

Of course, since there aren't many FL effect plugins, I also take the advantage on some VST effect plugins.

Most instrumental plugins already bring their own effect knobs, so we can tweak them to our liking.

I've learned most of these effects in the tutorial projects included in FL, you can open them there and learn...

Level 15
I do things manually. For example, like this (Look at the picture I've attached.). The numbers on the picture explains as follows:

No. 1 - I right-click on the instrument's volume knob, and click on "edit events".

No. 2 - Then I tweak the volume to any level I want.

No. 3 - Then, I add the pattern that contains my tweaked volume into the playlist in order to be played.

After that, I press play. And when the music progress reaches there, it will automatically tweak the instrument's volume. I can make it repeat by simply adding more patterns after the other!

But I use the Fruity Love Philter effect plugin a bit more than this, as it works almost the same way, but better.

Attachments

• Events.jpg
    Events.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Level 15
You're welcome.

Now, I'd like to show you two of my favorite synthesizers, two VST plugins that I often use when I "daydream" about the space!

Hmm, maybe I'll think about making a space battle music...

Attachments

• Plugins.jpg
    Plugins.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 130
Level 15
Well, that's a bit hard to explain...

But I can tell that coming up with new melodies is not easy, because there are countless of existing melodies out there, and I fear to come up with a melody that already exists (Sometimes people come up with the same ideas.).

Sometimes I think it's about a touch of inspiration. For example, the Galactic_Adventure music, how was it made? Well, it's because I was very inspired by the game Spore, and also the teaser videos of its expansion pack, the Galactic Adventures (Which was not released during that time.). And lastly, my Spore creatures--they have a sentimental value to me...

Also, my brains sometimes come up with new melodies, but I've got a terrible habit of forgetting things almost instantly. So to avoid forgetting them, I quickly open FL, add those melodies in, and save it. Then, for the next time, when I'm motivated enough, I'll reopen it and finish what I began.

Level 15
*Yawn* It's been a few months since I last released my 13th pack--I've been sooo bored and sooo busy. But today, right now...

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
The waiting is over! I present you my 14th pack with seven more tunes, and here's the usual details:

Everlasting_Fun
Stunning-like music.

A wise guy asks this question "What is really important to you? Is it life, or fun?", the other person replies "It is fun, because there is no life without fun."

Now, I dunno if the answer's correct or not, but in my opinion, fun is the only thing that keeps me motivated.​
Galactic_Army
Space-like (On the march.) music.

Imagine a huge army of spaceships in a formation, preparing to lay siege upon their enemies...

Like my Stress_No_More music, this melody came from one of my Spore Creatures' Anthem Music themes--this time, from my Zealot Hungerillas.​
Having_A_Bad_Feeling
Morbid nightmare-like music.

When you've got a bad feeling, it's because something ain't right, right?​
Rage_Incandescent
Ferocious-like music.

The rage incandescent is an extreme devastating and violent anger, screaming like... AAAAARRRGH!!!

This music demonstrates its mighty fury...​
Riding_A_Spaceship
Twitchy beat space-like music.

Ready to take a ride in a spaceship? Hmm, riding a spaceship must be a lot more complicated than riding an airplane...

Inspired from Spore's Spaceship Creator's music.​
System_Malfunction
Panic-stricken music.

When a factory, industry, base, etc. suffers a massive malfunction, it triggers a self-destruct sequence (Which only happens in the movies, right?).

If you don't flee while in self-destruct sequence, tick, tick, tick... BOOM! Au revoir (Good bye.)...​
The_Cycles_Main_Menu_REMIX
A remix from a very old DOS game (The Cycles.) music.

Yes, this is the one I've mention few posts ago, I couldn't help myself but to remix this tune. I've even tweaked its original melody a teeny tiny bit. The music contains both metal-like and chip-like, just to make it sound good.

Credits to Accolade/DSI, since they've made that game a long, long, long time ago.​
Okay, now I'm completely out of ideas, so this pack was my last release. Perhaps in the future, there may be more...

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_14.zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 149
Level 15
Just dropping a message to say that I'm thinking about making the 15th Pack.

I'm also thinking of remaking my Hungry_For_Chips music, and later call it Hungry_For_Jolts (Conversion from chip to electronica-like music.).

And I'm also thinking of creating a small demonstration program demonstrating four small musical phases of my Dangerous_Situation music (From "calm" to "freaked out" phases.), or I could just remake it and call it Freaking_Dangerous (Courtesy from my Freaking_Out music.).

HOWEVER, I've been having problems with my PC lately--not only my DVD-ROM shattered one of my CD(s), but according to this thread from the NVIDIA Forum, my graphic card got "toasted" due to a faulty 196.75 drivers version.

Level 15
Well, I never updated mine as well until Spore froze each time I enter the Outfitter mode--I couldn't allow my Creatures to be naked (Especially the female Creatures :eek:!), the only solution was to update my drivers to fix that problem.

But then I kept updating, thinking that there could be more and more games that could cause the same problems--my mistake, it seems.

And yeah, NVIDIA should've tested their stuff before releasing--because I've never saw this coming. I can't imagine how many pissed off costumers there may be right now. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them already switched sides to ATI.

As for what happened to my DVD-ROM, it's true that the disc shattering are very rare, but it does happen. The drives normally read the CD(s) up to 52X (And DVD(s) up to 16X, I guess.)--which is a dangerous speed rate. The solution to prevent disc shattering is to use Nero's DriveSpeed and reduce the reading speed of the drives. Better safe than sorry, they say.

Oh well, I'm going to have to purchase a new DVD-ROM and a new graphic card, because this PC that I'm using to chat here can barely support FL Studio, and especially most 3D games.

What a rotten luck I've had...

Last edited:
Level 15
Oh, you don't want to know...

But I'll tell you one thing, it's one of those very old Pentium Celeron computers. Too slow!

I know it's very old, but hey, I don't swim in a pool of money to afford the latest computer components. So I'll stick with the cheap stuff.

Level 15
See? I told you--you don't want to know :smile:.

The horror! The horror!

<EDIT>
Okay, I've purchased a new graphic card (Just another NVIDIA graphic card (But with a different model.), but I won't be updating the drivers since the last incident.). And I still need to purchase a new DVD-ROM as I don't want the recorder to read my discs--recorders are way too expensive! I must keep Nero DriveSpeed program permanently active to slow down the readings. Why do they have to read up to 52X (16X for DVD(s).)? Just to shatter more of my discs? Ha!

Right now, I'm running some tests with my new graphic card during the next 15 days, ensuring it's not defective. Once finished the tests (Assuming that everything went well.), and getting a new DVD-ROM, I'll get to work with my 15th Pack!

Last edited:
Level 15
Mr. Bumpers has come today to post a bump in my thread just to make a bumping announcement...

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
After these several months--and after suffering from agonizing bad luck surprises with my PC (2010 to me was a year full of bad luck.)--I have finally finished, so here's my 15th Pack with six more tunes, and three special tunes stored inside a folder.

Here's the details:

Funny_Behaviour
A little bit weird music.

Well, what can I say? I thought of something funny and here it is.​
Hungry_For_Jolts
An epic remake from my old Hungry_For_Chips chiptune.

After getting fat by eating a lot of potato chips, it's time to burn that fatness by getting electrocuted with tiny jolts of electricity. Ha ha ha!​
Insanely_Scared
A sort of creepy-a-like music.

Well, this was once planned to be the second Fear_Of_Seduction music--due to the first part of the melody (The lead-like instrument.)--but as I've progressed with the creation of this music, things turned out to be different.​
Joyful_Explosion
A massive melodical music.

Some people say, "I'm so happy I could burst!" So how can such happiness truly burst? Good thing it's only a metaphorical sense...​
Stay_Cool
A sort of non-stressful but quite adventurous music.

Stay cool, relax, and go have an adventure...​
Sweet_Or_Sour
A major style (Sweet.) and minor style (Sour.) music.

Yet another adventurous music, but obviously not the same as above...​
And within the Dangerous_Situation folder...

Dangerous_Situation (Calm Mode)
Everything appears to be calm and safe.​
Dangerous_Situation (Danger Mode)
Sort of being crushed by a terrible sense of danger.​
Dangerous_Situation (Critical Mode)
Stunning action! Though it sounds almost the same from what you've heard in my old Giganoto_Byte_Two.​
<IMPORTANT MESSAGE>
What I'm about to say is quite a sad news, so here goes...

I've decided to announce my retirement of music making, which means this release was the very last one.

You see, I'm no longer in a mood to make anymore music (Now that I've made plenty of music, I can't think of something new to make--which was the reason of my retirement.), which saddens me. But it's said "All good things must come to an end.", and this is the end. Now I'll spend my time with my other activities.

Anyway, enjoy the last pack!

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_15.zip
    34.5 MB · Views: 1,468
Level 15
That's because I said "Perhaps in the future, there may be more..." in the last November. And few months later, voilá! There was indeed more, the 15th Pack.

But that's not all, in the last March, I did had a great interest in remaking my Hungry_For_Chips and Dangerous_Situation tunes, and also happened to think of new melodies (That's when I thought about making the 15th Pack.), but then the unexpected has happened. Poof! Bye bye, NVidia graphic card and DVD-ROM, rest in "pieces". I still feel terribly crushed and I'm on a verge of losing all my confidence if something else happens to my PC and to my stuff again! I didn't waste my money for nothing!

Oh, and the inspiration I once had has been lost forever. The future PC games these days are now infected with an "Internetophilia" disease--a name that I began calling to the PC games that require Internet connection to play, to register, to verify the ownership of the product, etc.. A pestilent requirement that I really hate so much. This type of requirement is futile and unnecessary, piracy still goes on even with that thing, so why bother? It's depressing...

But regardless, what I want to say is, I don't feel like making music anymore, I can't even think of new melodies (And I fear to think of new melodies that have already been thought up by others.).

I don't know how you people are feeling about my retirement, but please try to understand.

<EDIT>
Let's see, um... five downloads done for now, and I'm still waiting to be provided with feedback/comments/opinions...

Last edited: