• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music

Oh yeah, sorry.

Basic_Basic - Liked it. Nice tune :D

Extreme Radiation - HOLY CRAP this one's fun! I gotta post a vid of it sometime!

Flying around's nice too. Lovely tune thar.

Quite melodical - yurp, love this one, can definitely see the computing the chip stuff :p

Stealth action's got a great mood going.

Stress no more's also got a lovely tune.

Things to amaze also has a lovely mood to it.

Great work here, it's awesome seeing how much you improve with each pack :D

Level 15
Oh yeah, sorry.

Basic_Basic - Liked it. Nice tune :D

Extreme Radiation - HOLY CRAP this one's fun! I gotta post a vid of it sometime!

Flying around's nice too. Lovely tune thar.

Quite melodical - yurp, love this one, can definitely see the computing the chip stuff :p

Stealth action's got a great mood going.

Stress no more's also got a lovely tune.

Things to amaze also has a lovely mood to it.

Great work here, it's awesome seeing how much you improve with each pack :D
It's okay, it was only a simple reminder for everyone.

I know I look quite unpopular around here, but I have no problem with it. I seek opinions, not fame.

And thanks for the feedback.

Hmm, I kinda feel the urge of showing my 10 space faring Spore™ Creatures, but I dunno if that's okay...

I'm thinking of changing this thread's title, but won't it mess up with the links linked to here?

Level 15
Yep, I know. It's a real pain. Either Photobucket's too slow to transfer, or my GIF file is too potent--it has more than 300 frames.

Well, the good thing is, it lags only once, after that the movie will start playing smoothly (Smoothly, that is, until you clean your browser's cache.).

The GIF format is pretty old, and the thought of reducing the colors to 256 is not a pleasant one. I wish there were better formats, though.

Is the Hive's built-in YouTube thingy having problems? As for the videos, they totally ROCK!

Level 15
Hmm, YouTube tags seem to be fixed now. And there seems to be a huge narwhals' invasion as well!

As for my signature, I'll leave it as it is. However I could always upload my Spore™ pictures into my Album in the User CP thingy, right? And does the uploaded Album pictures support animated GIF files?

And sorry for asking this again but, I wish to change this thread's title, but I want to know if the changes won't mess up with the URL links linked to this thread?

As for my signature, I'll leave it as it is. However I could always upload my Spore™ pictures into my Album in the User CP thingy, right? And does the uploaded Album pictures support animated GIF files?
Yep and yep.

And sorry for asking this again but, I wish to change this thread's title, but I want to know if the changes won't mess up with the URL links linked to this thread?

You'll have to get a moderator to change the thread's title for you. And no, the links will still work. The forum will just add a redirect to the new thread.

Level 15
Yep and yep.
My album's done. However, it's been temporary set as a private album, because I'm not sure if I did it right--I had a hard time creating it...

<EDIT>
I think that showing off my Spore™ creatures wasn't a good idea, so I've decided to delete my album.

You'll have to get a moderator to change the thread's title for you. And no, the links will still work. The forum will just add a redirect to the new thread.
Okay, thanks.

By the way, nice avatar...

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Level 15
Woo-hoo! Kick ass video, Pyritie!

You know, the choice of this music was quite of a coincidence, because I was about to doublepost in the next days for the following message:

<NOTICE>
I have one good news, and one bad news. So, I'll start with the bad news.

The bad news is, I won't be making any more new music in the future, because I've ran out of ideas, I'm bored as hell, and really angry due to my lack of motivation...

However, the good news is, I was thinking to make the Giganoto_Byte_Two.

But WAIT! This time it'll be very UNLIKE its predecessor, because I plan to fill it with remakes of my many tunes (From 1st pack to 12th pack.), although I'll make two new (And hopefully most impressive.) tunes, one at the beginning and the other at the end. As for which tunes to remake, I could use your help--everyone's help.

The help consists of choosing which tunes you liked, and would like them to be improved (Like replacing instruments with better ones, changing pitches, adding new SFX(s), adding small new melodies, etc..). There are some exceptions, though, so I'll provide you with a list of which ones to choose and not to choose. But you may not choose all of them!

1st Pack
- Bit_Of_Tranquility.mp3
- Bit_Of_Tranquility_BOSS.mp3
- Creeps_In_The_Cavern.ogg
- Dangerous_Situation.mp3
- Explosive_Woofers.ogg
- Freedom.ogg (Same as Freedom_Forever.)
- Is_This_Horrid.ogg
- Is_This_Horrid_BOSS
- Menu_A_Like or Menu_A_Like_CHIP.ogg
- Morbid.ogg
- Morbid_Two.ogg
- Phobic.ogg
- Ready_For_Action.mp3
- Smash_N_Burn.ogg
- Zap_Or_Calm.ogg

2nd Pack
- Canine_Desperation.mp3
- Fear_Of_Seduction.ogg
- Feel_Inspired.ogg

3rd Pack
- Clear_View.mp3
- Nice_Ride.ogg

4th Pack
- Wacky_Zapper

5th Pack
- Be_At_Peace.mp3
- Run_For_It.ogg
- Similar_Chip_Life.ogg
- Thrill_Of_Phobia.mp3

6th Pack
- Dragon_Strikes_In.ogg
- Wacky_Zapper_Two.ogg

7th Pack
- Computing_The_Chip.ogg (Same as Eradicate_The_Chip.)
- Eat_The_Chip.ogg
- Electromagnetic_Life.ogg
- Funny_Space.mp3
- Hunter_And_Prey.mp3
- Time_Is_Running_Out.mp3

9th Pack
- Basic.ogg
- Beauty_Of_The_Space.mp3
- Hot_Pursuit.ogg
- Intensive_Tension.mp3
- Wacky_Zapper_Three.ogg
- You_Happy_Or_You_Scared.ogg

10th Pack
- Be_In_Love.mp3
- Eradicate_The_Chip.ogg (Same as Computing_The_Chip.)
- Exciting_Adventures.ogg
- Fantastic_Adventure.ogg
- Freedom_Forever.mp3 (Same as Freedom.)
- Wish_Your_Wishes.mp3

11th Pack
- Galactic_Adventure.mp3
- Hungry_For_Chips.ogg
- Overwhelming_Fear.mp3

12th Pack
- Basic_Basic.ogg
- Flying_Around.ogg (Only the second part--the rush part!)
- Quite_Melodical.mp3 (Sounds almost like Computing_The_Chip and Eradicate_The_Chip!)
- Silent_Danger.ogg
- Stealth_Action.mp3
- Things_To_Amaze.ogg
2nd Pack
- WC2_Intro_Music_REMIX.ogg (Can't use Blizzard's melodies!)
- Wild_Wild_West_A_Like.ogg (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)

3rd Pack
- Elven_Events.mp3 (Does not match the music type of GNB2! Sorry, El...)
- Simple_Warcrafting.ogg (Can't use Blizzard's melodies!)

4th Pack
- Orcish_Horde_Theme_SLOW_TEMPo_Ogg (Can't use Blizzard's melodies!)

5th Pack
- Last_Days_On_Earth.ogg (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)
- Stadium_Chanting.mp3 (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)
- Undead_Pursuit.ogg (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)

6th Pack
- Be_Relaxed.ogg (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)
- DOOM_2_Map_31_REMIX.mp3 (Can't use ID's melodies!)
- Freaking_Out.mp3 (Too big! Unless you specify which melody you liked...)

8th Pack
- Giganoto_Byte.mp3 (Helluva big! Unless you specify which melody you liked...)

9th Pack
- Cemetery_World.mp3 (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)
- Majestic.mp3 (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)

10th Pack
- Cannibalistic_Terror.mp3 (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)

11th Pack
- Jingle_Those_Bells.mp3 (That would ruin GNB2!)
- Rolling_The_Jungle_Drums.ogg (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)
- Rolling_The_Jungle_Drums_BOSS.ogg (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)
- Tropical_Beach_Vacation.ogg (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)
- Unpleasant_And_Shocking.mp3 (Does not match the music type of GNB2!)

12th Pack
- Extreme_Radiation.mp3 (Too deafening and destructive! Unless you really want it...)
- Stress_No_More.mp3 (Too calm! Unless you really want it...)

Others
- TEST_MP3.mp3 "To_Spook_Or_Not_To_Spook" (It was only meant for test!)
- TEST_OGG.ogg "Scratch_Those_Guitar_Strings" (It was only meant for test!)
- Having_Faith_And_Hope.mp3 (This was only made as a homage to Wolverabid!)

You may be wondering, how many minutes will this music have? Well, first you'll choose which tunes for me to remake and I'll then calculate their time (May take a while.), because the maximum length should be at least 40+ instead of 21 minutes. If the music goes more than 1 hour, I'll remove the ones I like less.

Now, before we get ahead of ourselves, I'd like to know if you like this idea or not. Sure, some people may already be tired of listening the same old ones. But hey, my creative thoughts are not unlimited (I wish they were!).

Oh, and Pyritie, please don't mention this in the Audiosurf forum yet, only when the music is finished. Because I'm not sure if I can handle making another Magilla-Gorilla-sized music, but since it's about remaking my old tunes, I hope it won't be too difficult, unlike the previous one.

So, my fellow listeners, what says you?

Well, here's what I got

Basic.ogg
Be_In_Love.mp3
Beauty_Of_The_Space.mp3
Bit_Of_Tranquility.mp3
Canine_Desperation.mp3
Clear_View.mp3
Computing_The_Chip.ogg
Creeps_In_The_Cavern.ogg
Dangerous_Situation.mp3
Electromagnetic_Life.ogg
Eradicate_The_Chip.ogg
Explosive_Woofers.ogg
Feel_Inspired.ogg
Fear_Of_Seduction.ogg
Flying_Around.ogg
Freedom_Forever.mp3
Funny_Space.mp3
Galactic_Adventure.mp3
Having_Faith_And_Hope.mp3
Intensive_Tension.mp3
Nice_Ride.ogg
Overwhelming_Fear.mp3
Ready_For_Action.mp3
Stealth_Action.mp3
Stress_No_More.mp3
Things_To_Amaze.ogg
Thrill_Of_Phobia.mp3
Time_Is_Running_Out.mp3
Wish_Your_Wishes.mp3
You_Happy_Or_You_Scared.ogg

Basically, I picked my TDG fav playlist, and then got rid of all "denied" ones :p

Hmm, it's hard to pick favourites, but I'd say the few that have gotten in my head the most were Freaking_Out (you could always just take a part of it, like you did on GNB1) and Electromagnetic_Life. Oh, and Computing/Eradicate_the_chip. Loved those too.

Wacky_zapper_3 was also damn awesome.

The (applicable) songs from your latest two packs had some really great melodies as well.

Level 15
HappyTauren, the list you have provided is a great start. But I'm afraid that the Having_Faith_And_Hope tune is part of the exceptions list...

Pyritie, the tunes you've specified (Also my two latest packs.) are also great. I know it's hard to tell what's our favorites if we like them all, right? And the Freaking_Out's primary melody is still kicking ass, so I'll try to improve it one last time.

Okay, I've got two lists. Anyone else? If I get no more replies, then I'll start merging these lists, shuffle them, and then proceed with the construction of GNB2. But keep in mind of what I've said, though, if the music's too big, I'll have to remove what I like less.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I must think which drumloops to use in GNB2 (You noticed that the GNB1 had some unique drumloops, right?) which will affect the whole music--most likely turning the calm tunes and/or slow tempo into a little rough tunes and/or speedy tempo, just like in GNB1.

<EDIT>
Time's up!

Since I got no more replies, it's time for me to begin making the GNB2 with the two lists you have provided. Once finished, It'll be packed as the 13th pack with an enormous MP3 file within.

After that, I'll take a "musical" vacation (No more new music in the future, unless I come up with some new stuff.).

Wish me luck, and I hope my motivation won't fail me.

Last edited:
Level 15
Sorry if I couldn't reply sooner, Pyritie. I've been busy making the GNB2. But now that I've finished, I'll reply now.

Well, I haven't been there for a long time because nobody replied anymore, until now. Thanks for letting me know.

Hmm, about the strange mystery concerning the Bit_Of_Tranquility_BOSS's road congestion, do you Audiosurfers often re-tag the music files?

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Brace yourselves now, because the Giganoto_Byte_Two will be released today!

This music contains 22 tracks (11 of Major styles and 11 of Minor styles.), and the total time is 59 minutes and 53 seconds. The file size is 84 MB.

I have to admit, remaking my old tunes turned out to be a little quicker than I thought, but it wasn't easy--the boredom was already starting to take over me. But what tired me the most was fixing those instrument volumes that kept sounding louder than the others, and/or vice versa. Now, I'm not sure if the whole music sounds okay. And I'm not sure if the remade tunes look improved or not, but I want you to know that I did my best...

The tunes that I have successfully remade:
Giganoto_Byte_Two_INTRO.mp3
Dangerous_Situation.mp3
Bit_Of_Tranquility.mp3
Explosive_Woofers.ogg
Freedom/Freedom_Forever.mp3
Canine_Desperation.mp3
Ready_For_Action.mp3
Fear_Of_Seduction.ogg
Feel_Inspired.ogg
Thrill_Of_Phobia.mp3
Computing/Eradicate_The_Chip.ogg/Quite_Melodical.mp3
Freaking_Out.mp3 (Only the first part.)
Electromagnetic_Life.ogg
Wacky_Zapper_Three.ogg
Beauty_Of_The_Space.mp3
Overwhelming_Fear.mp3
Be_In_Love.mp3
Flying_Around.ogg (Only the second part.)
Galactic_Adventure.mp3
Silent_Danger.ogg
Things_To_Amaze.ogg
Giganoto_Byte_Two_END.mp3

The tunes that I had to remove:
Basic.ogg
Basic_Basic.ogg
Clear_View.mp3
Creeps_In_The_Cavern.ogg
Funny_Space.mp3
Hungry_For_Chips.ogg
Intensive_Tension.mp3
Nice_Ride.ogg
Stealth_Action.mp3
Stress_No_More.mp3
Time_Is_Running_Out.mp3
Wish_Your_Wishes.mp3
You_Happy_Or_You_Scared.ogg

Removing the tunes I like less doesn't mean that I hate them, because I still like them. But let's face the facts, they couldn't fit in an 1 hour of music.

Now, I'm going to suspend my music creations (Dunno if I'll make some more or not.) as I have other goals to achieve in real life. So, I will likely be inactive for a long time. However, I will still remain in the Hive...

<WARNING>
This music file has been compressed into 7 RAR files. So, if you don't know what to do, it's easy. First, download all of these files into a folder, then get WinRAR to begin extracting ONLY the first file, it'll then automatically extract the rest in order, and you should finally get a big MP3 file waiting for you.

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_13 (Part 01).rar
    13.4 MB · Views: 194
  • TDGs_Musics_13 (Part 02).rar
    13.4 MB · Views: 197
  • TDGs_Musics_13 (Part 03).rar
    13.4 MB · Views: 187
  • TDGs_Musics_13 (Part 04).rar
    13.4 MB · Views: 189
  • TDGs_Musics_13 (Part 05).rar
    13.4 MB · Views: 185
  • TDGs_Musics_13 (Part 06).rar
    13.4 MB · Views: 140
  • TDGs_Musics_13 (Part 07).rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 139
Level 15
DUDE.
THAT.
WAS.
AWESOME.
Thanks!

For a minute there, I was a little spooked, because I was not sure if everything went well, you know, with the instrument volumes.

I don't know how to tell you how it was because I honestly can't think of anything good enough D:
That's okay, I feel that way too sometimes.

Do you mind if I plug you around? I really don't like how we're the only people who get to hear your stuff. Seriously! More people need to hear this! :D
Plug me around...?

You mean you want the whole world to listen to them?

Level 15
Um... I'm not sure if this is a good idea :hohum:... It's kind of spooky drawing too much attention...

But if you really wish to do so, then don't forget to at least mention my name only as TheDarkGiganotosaur, not TDG (Because there are too many TDG names out there on the Internet, and I'm NOT any of them and/or part of them.).

When I got registered here, I thought my name was unique, but there's always somebody and/or something with the same TDG name while I Google, and that infuriates me. But it's not their fault, it's my fault...

Now you see why I once asked if it was possible to rename this thread's title. Because TheDarkGiganotosaur name suits perfectly, and THAT'S what I always wanted to be called.

Besides, most people don't even know what's a Giganotosaurus, but I tell you that giant carnivorous monster EXISTED!

Um... I'm not sure if this is a good idea:hohum:... It's kind of spooky drawing too much attention...
Heh, why not? You should definitely get more recognition for what you've done besides a few people on some WC3 modding forum. Really.

But if you really wish to do so, then don't forget to at least mention my name only as TheDarkGiganotosaur, not TDG (Because there are too many TDG names out there on the Internet, and I'm NOT any of them and/or part of them.).
Of course! ;D

Level 6
Damn this is nice man :) Im using FL studio trying to create som musics too but im far from as good as you :p The problem is that i dont really know how to convert ogg. files into mp3...

Level 15
Damn this is nice man :) Im using FL studio trying to create som musics too but im far from as good as you :p
Thanks.

And don't worry about your skills in FL Studio. You can always check the Help's manuals, or opening tutorial projects and learn.

The problem is that i dont really know how to convert ogg. files into mp3...
If you can't play OGG files, then you must have the OGG decoder.

Or if you already have the OGG decoder, then there are many sound editors and sound converters that can help you. Unfortunately I can't tell you which ones, because the only one I know of is the GoldWave program that I often use.

But keep in mind that the MP3 files are not good to handle looped sounds as they don't loop perfectly. Which was the same case in this thread.

Level 6
Thanks.

And don't worry about your skills in FL Studio. You can always check the Help's manuals, or opening tutorial projects and learn.

If you can't play OGG files, then you must have the OGG decoder.

Or if you already have the OGG decoder, then there are many sound editors and sound converters that can help you. Unfortunately I can't tell you which ones, because the only one I know of is the GoldWave program that I often use.

But keep in mind that the MP3 files are not good to handle looped sounds as they don't loop perfectly. Which was the same case in this thread.

Okay. Thank you :) I will try to find some OGG decoder

I'm not sure about Winamp, but Foobar2000 can convert OGG files to MP3 if you have an external encoder named LAME.
Just open the OGG file, right-click on the song, choose "Convert" (if you see two Convert, choose the bottom one), and choose "...".
There you can change the settings you want (and save your own presets) and then start converting.

If you don't have LAME and don't want to bother download it, you can also convert the OGG file to WAV and then open it in an audio editor (like Adobe Audition or Audacity) and save it as an MP3.

Level 6
Better get both Foobar and LAME. I can export them directly as WAV files if i wish and i dont have any audio editor :p But thanks for the help :)

Level 15
Thanks for helping Krarnal, guys :smile:.

<OFF-TOPIC>
Hmm, I could use some help with my new signature video that I'm creating, because I'm not sure if it follows the rules here, and to also check for any spelling mistakes in my comics within the video.

Level 6
Thanks for helping Krarnal, guys :smile:.

<OFF-TOPIC>
Hmm, I could use some help with my new signature video that I'm creating, because I'm not sure if it follows the rules here, and to also check for any spelling mistakes in my comics within the video.

Well im not sure if any1 has already answeared because for some reason i cant get to page 20... but i can help u checking it :)

EDIT: Just found out that page 20 wasnt created... It was just a bug showing that :p

Last edited:
Level 15
Well im not sure if any1 has already answeared because for some reason i cant get to page 20... but i can help u checking it :)
Thanks, but this has to be checked by a Hive Staff--a Moderator. But thanks anyway!

I'll PM a Moderator for help.

EDIT: Just found out that page 20 wasnt created... It was just a bug showing that :p
When the posts in a thread are deleted, it sometimes creates dummy pages (Presumed to contain deleted posts, I guess...) that we cannot access.

It sounds like a bug, but it's perfectly normal.

Level 6
Thanks, but this has to be checked by a Hive Staff--a Moderator. But thanks anyway!

I'll PM a Moderator for help.

When the posts in a thread are deleted, it sometimes creates dummy pages (Presumed to contain deleted posts, I guess...) that we cannot access.

It sounds like a bug, but it's perfectly normal.

Ah u meant moderator check XD U should have said that :p But this bug occurs for me sometimes so im happy to know what the problem is :hohum:

Level 6
No problem :p But you should just read rules. If you dont find anything against what you want to put in then its ok :)

Level 6
<ON-TOPIC>
Okay, I think I've gone off-topic for too long...

Hows that on topic? XD By the way i found out i dont need anything to convert it to mp3. I record things i play on my keyboard and then it can analyse it and get it to piano roll and from there i can just save it as mp3 :p

Level 15
Hows that on topic? XD
Well, for example, talking about my signature in a music thread sounded a little off-topic...

But let's just say that I like conversating :smile:.

By the way i found out i dont need anything to convert it to mp3. I record things i play on my keyboard and then it can analyse it and get it to piano roll and from there i can just save it as mp3 :p
Yep, FL's also capable of exporting songs directly to MP3.

Level 15
Hey there, TheDarkGiganotosaur. Are you still composing musics? I'm listening to the 7th pack right now, and it's great!
Excellent job with these compositions.
Thank you, Rui.

Well, I'm still taking a long break, but I've been recently thinking of preparing my new 14th pack in the future. I've got one music project coming up, but I'm still at the very beginning.

Does anyone know a very old DOS game called "The Cycles"? It's an old motorcycle driving game for PC. I'm also thinking of making a remix of its main menu music, because I keep listening to it all the time (Its melody inspires me.). Of course, PC Speaker music sounds too beep-beep, Adlib music is just so-so but not quite realistic. Now, what if I were to give that tune some of my special "dark giganotosaurian treatment" and make it sound really awesome? Of course, I'll have to give credit to Accolade (For they have created that game long time ago.).

Hey, I've grown much better at FL than I was before, can I make metal versions of some of your compositions?
Metal versions, as in, solo guitars and metal guitars? Oooh, I like those.

Which compositions?