• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music

Level 15
Nice avatar, Elenai...

I'm only depressed because the life itself just gets rather complicated with every passing moment. And I'm worried about my future, but that's a long story...

Well, you know what they say: "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going."

And the life goes on... like always.

Level 15
I'm sorry, but I play solo (I like to create things all by myself.). But thanks anyway.

You know The Games Factory 2 (Simple version), Multimedia Fusion 2 (Standard version), and Multimedia Fusion Developer 2 (Professional version)? Three great programs from Clickteam?

They are capable of creating awesome 2D games. And its programmings are different, they look like WC3 World Editor's triggers, but they're quite different. For example:

Event: A "Ball" collides with "Guy"
Action: Play Sound "Ouch.wav" & Bounce "Ball" movement.

Level 15
Hmm, never heard of those programs.

Good luck. :D
Thanks!

And remember, if I happen to fail, I won't die. I once failed creating my WC3 campaign, and I'm still around, still alive.

Ah, I enjoy long conversations. Cheers me up little by little...

Insanely good stuff, as usual. Keep it up :)
Thank you, and I will. But first, I must rest.

Last edited:
Level 35
I have to say, I greatly enjoyed the "Be in love" song.

It is well documented that music does strange things to me, haha, and it was that particular song, that inspired my latest art pieces "The Hearts of Men" and "The Madness of Denethor".

And for that I credit you ^^

Level 15
I have to say, I greatly enjoyed the "Be in love" song.
Thanks! And the others...?

It is well documented that music does strange things to me, haha
Coincidentally, sometimes I feel thrilled when I listen to my own musics as well.

and it was that particular song, that inspired my latest art pieces "The Hearts of Men" and "The Madness of Denethor".
Well then, I'll go check your art pieces right away, I have been here watching my thread all day long.

And by the way, your avatar is making me hungry...

And for that I credit you ^^
Well now, thank you, Elenai.

Last edited:
Level 15
I have not yet sampled the rest, because my musical habits usually do the following:

"Find a song I am in the mood for...put it on repeat, listen for hours while I imbue the song's emotions into an art piece, or thought"
Nice words!

And no problem, take your time. There's no need to hurry.

I too, find it delicious ^^
*Stomach growls even louder.*

Level 15
Thanks, Pyritie.

But I prefer chatting in some threads, and in the profile conversation thingy (In User CP, you know where.).

Because sometimes I don't feel comfortable to be in areas way too public.

You see, sometimes we come across some nasty users with bad attitudes (No offense.), who have this relentless need to flame and/or troll other users.

Of course, I always follow the rules, but it appears that there may be some others who don't follow. And I often react in self-defense.

Because of that, I almost feel unsafe to post anywhere, and I've been told not to be too nervous due to my health.

Last edited:
Thanks, Pyritie.

But I prefer chatting in some threads, and in the profile conversation thingy (In User CP, you know where.).

Because sometimes I don't feel comfortable to be in areas way too public.

You see, sometimes we come across some nasty users with bad attitudes (No offense.), who have this relentless need to flame and/or troll other users.

Of course, I always follow the rules, but it appears that there may be some others who don't follow. And I often react in self-defense.

Because of that, I almost feel unsafe to post anywhere, and I've been told not to be too nervous due to my health.

Hmm, well if you go in when a chat moderator is present then you should be just fine. Truth be told I've sat in the chatroom a lot recently and haven't seen much misbehaviour at all lately (except for a bit of spam)

Level 15
Hmm, well if you go in when a chat moderator is present then you should be just fine. Truth be told I've sat in the chatroom a lot recently and haven't seen much misbehaviour at all lately (except for a bit of spam)
Well, I was more like refering in the threads, not only in the chatroom.

Well TDG, if anyone dares to troll/flame you in my presence...

I'll bash them so hard in the face their children will be born with "wtf" bruised on their faces.
Thanks, Elenai.

But remember, I'm 25 years old and also a grown up man, and a man has got to take care of himself. My only problem is that I cannot control my anger (I'm a nervous person.), but as long as I remain calm, I should be okay.

But thanks for standing up for me, guys. I really appreciate that.

Now, let's us get back to what-would-be-so-called music talk.

Last edited:
Level 15
Kaboom, here goes another double post. Sorry again, but no one replied after me...

I've been thinking about something. So far I've used ZIP files to pack my music(s) in it, but I was wondering which one I should use for best compression (7ZIP's quite powerful but can it compress compressed data pretty tight?.).

RAR or 7ZIP? Or should I continue with ZIP?

<IMPORTANT MESSAGE>
I've been hearing things about Wolverabid's situation, and I feel worried about him.

I wish I could help him, but my family frowns on payments via Internet. Saddened by the result, I've decided to create this music to honor and to show my greatest respect to our dear friend, Wolverabid.

The music's unzipped, since it's not part of my 11th pack.

And I'm also spreading the word to help supporting him (Located in my last messages in my signature's movie clip.).

It's the least I can do to repay him...

Attachments

• Having_Faith_And_Hope.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 106
Level 15
Like I said in the pm's, this is a perfectly awesome piece of music.
Thank you once again, Elenai! And also for our nice conversation there...

Ooo, nice. Be sure Ralle knows about this so Wolve can hear it. :D
Thanks, Pyritie.

And don't worry, I'll send a PM to Ralle about this...

<EDIT>
Done.

Dude, that's awesome. I loved this style! <3 <3
Thank you.

I think it's because I'm starting to like pianos...

That's pretty awesome. As are your other works. I'd hire you to make game music if I were a game company man, seriously. or maybe any type of company. it's really good.
Thanks!

And I appreciate your enthusiasm...

Last edited:
Level 15
Yet another double post, I must be the worst (And very lonely.) user of the year...

That's why I end up double posting. So, once again, sorry.

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Ho ho ho... Xmas is still coming but I, "Santanotosaurus Claws" has first come to deliver you this special present--The 11th pack with eight more music(s). Here's the usual infos about them:

Galactic_Adventure
Space-like and awe-like music.

Being a spacefarer must be really exciting, except for great dangers.​
Hungry_For_Chips
Powerful chip-like music.

Remember this post in the Music Contest thread?

That's right, the music that I created had no place in the contest (Which was no longer chip related.), so I decided to add it right here, in the 11th pack. And look out, chip music lovers! This amazing chip music uses many merged PC Speaker, C64 and NES instruments.

Now, if you were the contest juries, what would be your vote? Just curiosity...​
Jingle_Those_Bells
Xmas-like music.

Why not? It's almost Xmas time and I decided to remix this one!

Ah, and since the original Jingle Bells music already sounds repetitive, this one had to go repetitive too (Four loops with an ending.)...​
Overwhelming_Fear
Loudsome panic-stricken music.

When the fear builds up real fast, and reaches to a certain threshold, the victim begins trembling violently, the voice beginning to moan or groan, and the eyes wide open and crying.

Delicious, eh?​
Rolling_The_Jungle_Drums
Jungle-like music.

My first attempt at jungle music. Is it time for safari tours?​
Rolling_The_Jungle_Drums_BOSS
Jungle-like music.

Same as above. But it just got a little bossy...​
Tropical_Beach_Vacation
Tropical-like music.

A complete tropical paradise. Right on!​
Unpleasant_And_Shocking
Horrid-like music.

Never faced dreadful situations that were unpleasant and shocking? Never feared that one day your terrible secrets would be spread out like news, and feel the horrible and extreme embarassment?

I also have my own secrets, but I'm not telling...​
Now, I'm off to take another huge break, I'm out of ideas and I need to raise my morale while getting rid of boredom and depression at the same time.

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_11.zip
    21 MB · Views: 272
Level 15
Lol, no need to worry about double posting. Especially since it's been over a month since your other post. ;D
Yeah. I guess my post was more like a bump than a double post.

I'm going on holiday now so I can't listen to them until I get back. But I'll definitely be looking forward to it. :D
No problem, take your time. And have a nice holiday!

Must...Listen..NOW!

(goes to listen)
Have fun...

HOLY FREAKING CRAP THESE ARE AWESOME

I don't know where to start D:

I love it. Love it love it love it love it love it!

One thing I've noticed about the songs that I really like are the ones that have some sort of "environment" mood to them. Like the tropical ones sound, well, tropical. Same for lots of the other ones in this pack. Except for maybe the christmas one, which sounded kinda blah, to be honest. :/

The others were so damn awesome though. :DDD

Also, your Overwhelming_Fear one is INSANE on audiosurf :D

Level 15
HOLY FREAKING CRAP THESE ARE AWESOME

I don't know where to start D:

I love it. Love it love it love it love it love it!
Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

One thing I've noticed about the songs that I really like are the ones that have some sort of "environment" mood to them. Like the tropical ones sound, well, tropical. Same for lots of the other ones in this pack. Except for maybe the christmas one, which sounded kinda blah, to be honest. :/
Well, I've forgot to mention that the Galactic_Adventure music was made due to a great inspiration. This Spore(TM) game inspires me very much...

I still haven't played Spore(TM) yet (Still have the old Creature Creator version.), but once I buy it (And also the C&C Parts Pack.) for Xmas, I'll ask one of my friends to fetch me the patch (Which is 1.03 right now.), and the "cure" (To get rid of those damned Internet connection requirements, useless on-line registrations, and their useless-and-always-beaten copy protections. Where's the good old times when we simply had to double-click the EXE file just to run a simple game in pronto? The game companies should know that not everyone on this planet swims in a "pool of money". And besides, how can I play a game if my PC doesn't have an Internet connection? I fear the future PC gaming is doomed.) so I can begin my exodus towards the center of the galaxy (Guarded by the so-called-yoda-like-Groxy Loxy. Why would they choose a small-sized badass alien rabbit as a villain? Hilarious!). I've also heard that there's a lot of stuff about modding Spore(TM). Which reminds me of SimPE for The Sims 2(TM).

The jungle ones... Well, they were part of a request. And I've also thought that it was time for me to start "rolling the jungle drums", as its title's called.

The tropical beach, I never liked Winter--too cold for my hard scaly skin. So I miss the good old summer times (Excluding the excessive heat, since I prefer fresh air, and no bees and wasps chasing me.)

Hungry_For_Chips. So, how did my chip music go down? If the music contest were about chips, what would be your vote? Oh, and speaking of the music contest, I think I'm going to forfeit, sorry.

The Xmas music, yeah. It's WAY too old fashioned music. But still, it was pretty nice remixing this one.

The others were so damn awesome though. :DDD
Sounds like I'm on the right path... I wonder which one?

Also, your Overwhelming_Fear one is INSANE on audiosurf :D
You know, sometimes people can go insane when they're extremely terrorized...

And yes, I've seen a lot of blood in Audiosurf--I mean, red colored blocks...

Last edited:
Level 15
Great show! But I wonder, isn't it hard to steer when going down real fast with lots of traffic? I'm impressed by your quick moves!

Hmm, I might one day attempt on an extreme distortion music, as long as it doesn't sound awful, or deafening--Intending to generate a real steep road going down real fast, and seeing blood...

And not to mention even more terrifying melodies :mwahaha:!

Well, steering's not an issue, but rather how fast I can dodge stuff. At more manageable speeds (such as here) I can do much better, but when it's fast like that it can be quite hard. But that's what makes it fun! :D

For high speed, synth pads work well. If you want high traffic, fast reverberation or a very fast short noise (like a "tss" or something) at like 200bpm and every 1/36 of a bar is good.

Level 15
Well, steering's not an issue, but rather how fast I can dodge stuff. At more manageable speeds (such as here) I can do much better, but when it's fast like that it can be quite hard. But that's what makes it fun! :D
I may have good reflexes, but at this extreme speed it's difficult to focus on those speedy and randomly colored blocks, they just keep coming and mixing up fast, and then "BZZT!" overfill.

Maybe I should practice more often (And workout my eye balls too.)...

For high speed, synth pads work well. If you want high traffic, fast reverberation or a very fast short noise (like a "tss" or something) at like 200bpm and every 1/36 of a bar is good.
Interesting...

Well, I'll try tweaking around with those values, and also adding a distortion plugin (May cause a massive "tss" noise.), and then see the results...

That is, after I finish taking a break.

I may have good reflexes, but at this extreme speed it's difficult to focus on those speedy and randomly colored blocks, they just keep coming and mixing up fast, and then "BZZT!" overfill.

Maybe I should practice more often (And workout my eye balls too.)...
Yeah, it's much easier if you just go for two colors. I usually go for yellows and blues since there are a lot of them.

That is, after I finish taking a break.

Sure, take your time. No rush at all. :3

Level 15
Well, I'm still at the beginning. Still mouse-drawing more needed characters, but that's not the most complicated part yet.

But don't get your hopes too high on its completion, though. The probabilities of either succeeding or giving up my project are likely 50%.

As for the distortion music that I'm making, it's going quite well. Sounds like technophobia.

Last edited:
Level 15
Yeah, I was just wondering since I'm working on a game of my own now. :D
Ah, you mean the Icarathian game project link in your signature, right?

Well, sounds awesome!

Having a large team to do other things for you while you concentrate on one part helps a lot! :D
Well, I have no team. As I've said before, I play solo--meaning that I work alone. But no worries, I'm doing fine. I often leave my project on hold because I've got other things to do.

But I agree of what you've said, a task for one person alone may be very difficult without the aid of a teamwork. We, as Hive members should help each other (Unless we can't due to the events of life.).

TDG, you're music is so great. Gimme m0ar.
Thanks.

Sure, more will come, but not yet. I'm still taking a break, and the distortion music I'm making is an experiment, once made it'll be added to the 12th pack.

And I need to think what to do next...

<COINCIDENCE?>
Well, since I've made the Galactic_Adventure music due to a great inspiration from the Spore™ game, well guess what? Maxis gave a similar name to their new comming expansion for Spore™, the Galactic Adventures™!

Well, what a coincidence...

A lot of people seem extremely eager to get their hands on that expansion! Perhaps they shouldn't have shown us their teasing videos too earlier.

March 17th, the day of its release. Feels like an eternity waiting for the great moment, doesn't it?

<EDIT>
Hmm, I see its release date is no longer scheduled on March 17th (I knew I'd see this coming, since The Sims™ 3 was also delayed.)... So, now the release date is set to June instead of May, eh? What are the EA and Maxis up to?

Last edited:
Level 15
<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Okay, Hive members, it's time for me to launch my new pack--the pack number twelve (12th pack in short words.). Eight music(s) in it (Yeah, eight are better than a short quantity in my older packs, except my 1st pack.), and the infos about 'em.

Basic_Basic
Improved basic music. No, it's not a remake from Basic, but it's a new music using the same (And new.) instruments and sfx(s).

Since Basic sounded a little bit repetitive and fun, this one was given a special treatment.

And voilá! An improved basic music for your... basic ears to... basically hear.​
Extreme_Radiation
Noisy horrid-like and technophobic music. This is the distorted music I was talking about few posts ago.

Radiation. I once read on an encyclopedia for this word "radiation sickness", and its meaning is a scary one:

"Sickness that results from exposure to radiation and is commonly marked by fatigue, nausea, vomiting, loss of teeth and hair, and in more severe cases by damage to blood-forming tissue with decrease in red and white blood cells and with bleeding."​
Flying_Around
Calm and rush music.

Imagine what it feels like piloting an acrobatic plane and going up and down, doing those looping tricks.

Me? No, I never rode one, I'm acrophobic...​
Quite_Melodical
Nice-like music.

Decided to go inspiration with this sweet melody. This music almost sounds like Computing_The_Chip, but this music was never meant to be part of it.​
Silent_Danger
Calm but panic-striken music.

Danger! It's like one of those danger signs warning us of possible dangers.

Sometimes when a person perceives a certain death knocking at his/her door, the victim quickly becomes frightened and extremely wary.​
Stealth_Action
Panicky music.

During stealth missions, when a stealthy person is spotted, it's panic time! So, he/she got to run and remain hidden if he/she wishes to keep his/her true identity in secret, because if he/she is caught, uh-oh...​
Stress_No_More
Relaxing music.

During my Spore™ adventures, I created a nice melody in the anthem city music making thingy for my space faring Bards, the Abominable Snowogres. I liked the tune so much that I decided to make one for this pack.​
Things_To_Amaze
Space-like and inspiring music--in slow tempo.

I made this music because I keep dreaming about what's coming in Spore™'s Galactic Adventures™'s expansion pack.

It's a shame it's getting delayed over, and over again. But I'm not impatient, as I know that patience is virtue.​
And that's all!

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_12.zip
    30.7 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Level 2
Can any of you help me get different musics or find a place that i can get help with different musics on my maps? I want custom music but I don't know how to get it on the map itself -_- PLEASE HELP ME!