• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Important Announcement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys after new terrain progress and some testing I did with groups I decided to make some core modifications to SotP.
Don't worry this won't take too much time.
It's more terrain than gameplay based, because I will remove hills and such obstacles you will be able to go anywhere.
And final result should be more unique terrain/gameplay and map quality.

Oh gameplay will be affected in only few things:
There won't be areas with different difficulty, instead monsters become more powerful related to your progress (If you played The Elder Scrolls you understand how this work).
Item drops will be linked to units as well. Again same like in TES. Example after level 10 you will be able to find steel weapons...

Main idea is to allow your character to explore whole map and act like in real RPG games.
This will bring new quests and new things to map.
You will be able to fallow story and watch epic cinematics as well.

There will be 3 stages in development.
1st -> Terrain re-shaping (few days, when I find some).
2nd -> Systems re-coding (with Magtheridon96 help this can be done within few hours).
3rd -> Creating/Editing creeps to fit this new feature.

Note: Terrain screenshots soon.
Please opinions.

EDIT:

I'm not some artist but SotP World Map progress is going fine so far.
It's still unfinished ofc, but I wanted to show you idea :)

Attachments

• SotP World Map.png
    SotP World Map.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Ooh, so you decided to go level scaling... pretty neat when put together with a nice storyline, it makes you feel more emerged with the story... though I presume that there would still be a gradient between the power of different monsters right (like how giants are stronger than wolves on TES:V)?

-Kobas- said:
You will be able to fallow story and watch epic cinematics as well.

now that's something that I look forward to... ^_^

Thank you Adiktuz for kind words :)

Guys I was speaking about terrain like this one.
It's still unfinished, I need to add units, herbs and other envorinement doodads etc, but I will try to remove boundaries :)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_021912_210531_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_021912_210531_01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 117
  • WC3ScrnShot_021912_210632_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_021912_210632_02.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 112
  • WC3ScrnShot_021912_210650_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_021912_210650_03.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 139
  • WC3ScrnShot_021912_210744_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_021912_210744_04.jpg
    846.4 KB · Views: 129
Level 11
It depends on the RAM and Procesor you use Kael, the better procesor ypu have the better the game will work.

By the way yhose pics are awesome Kobas, I love that you changed the Textures for Terrain but I dont like that you did not remove those SunkenRuins Stone Road that you used in the First Area...:)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
-Kobas- sorry but my opinion is that there is way more grass spamming. Look that the field. Who the hell grows grass in a fields when forests are full of it?! Come on! Give us some new objects atleast I am getting abit fed up with that 'hereisgrasstoo' style. Maybe add carrots or cabbages to the field. Also forest would be look much nicer if there would be fallen tress. But nah... grass.

Maybe this post was not the most creative critic but really...

Level 2
I m getting excited by your devotion to you project and with it, you will accomplish the very few have. But our heroes dont draw the arch portrait and not even average. It bothers me to play with weak looking characters. Such, I feel like squire class fits with an ogre voice since he look retarded with his gigantic jaw. Your sfx item system is rare to be found and covers the face but i dont want to feel his face,icon along with the thief's too.

I hope, i havent already mentioned an issue, you have already thought 1000 times and keeping them while having your alternatives by your side or vice versa.

Level 11
Cool, very importan :). Well, so bad. The Terrain is so bumpy. And so confusing me!! So blinded!! I can't see anythink just confusion terrain :( :/!!

I do not whish to be rude but :

Are you dumb or youre kidding me, you have -2 rep and you find yourself to Judge on this awesome Project, no one of us can judge this Epic Scale project so please...kazni se ajde! :D

Level 3
I dont think the level scaling is a good idea, there should be different level zones.
Without level zones there wont be a sense of progression and achievement.

I dont think the level scaling is a good idea, there should be different level zones.
Without level zones there wont be a sense of progression and achievement.
Monsters level up with your hero, so you always fight against (more or less) equal enemy.
Ofc some creeps will be more powerful some less. Also don't forget boss units.

This way you won't be able to farm with level 30 on level 1 creeps.
Also this way you can farm anywhere not on several locations. So I can force player to move across whole map unlimited times to handle quests and anything I want.

Level 3
Monsters level up with your hero, so you always fight against (more or less) equal enemy.
Ofc some creeps will be more powerful some less. Also don't forget boss units.

This way you won't be able to farm with level 30 on level 1 creeps.
Also this way you can farm anywhere not on several locations. So I can force player to move across whole map unlimited times to handle quests and anything I want.

I understood what you meant when i read it, and I think that if you can play in all areas at all times theres no sense of progression.
Because normally, you are motivated to keep leveling exactly so that you can move on to another area and fight new cool monsters there whereas you were unable to do so at a lower level.
If mobs scale along with levels, you can just explore the map at level 1, and feel no urge to continue afterward.

but that's my opinion, and you have already made up yours. so theres no point in me continuing expressing mine.

Level 11
I understood what you meant when i read it, and I think that if you can play in all areas at all times theres no sense of progression.
Because normally, you are motivated to keep leveling exactly so that you can move on to another area and fight new cool monsters there whereas you were unable to do so at a lower level.
If mobs scale along with levels, you can just explore the map at level 1, and feel no urge to continue afterward.

but that's my opinion, and you have already made up yours. so theres no point in me continuing expressing mine.

That is true! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.