• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Proluge... not done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here is just a few lines of the Prologue to a story/book I am writing just for fun:

It was dark and the skies looked like the deepest pits of hell. In the city Gerodian no man or woman was out, no children were playing in the streets. The streets were silence, just like it was sleeping. All you could hear was the creaking sound of the houses. Suddenly out of nowhere a man came down from the skies. He was tall and muscular; his hair was long, black colored. He wore a black robe, and it looked like he hid something under it. The sound of his big footsteps echoed through the streets. No one else, except a woman trying to find cover for the rain, was outside in the street, but the man just kept on going. Suddenly, out of nowhere, came the thundering sound of lightning. The storm had begun.
Inside the Castle, king Fertol and his men were having a quit odd conversation. “The time of his return is near my lord!” said Grothara, captain of the Royal army, “We should be preparing for the return of Gor’tikal.” The king made a sound of anger mixed with irritation. “He will not return! We threw him down into the burning pits of Mt. Rakrotrash.” The king’s voice was now even more positive that Gor’tikal wouldn’t come back, “And if he did come back. We would be available to stop him once again.” Lord Carovel answered the king, “But my king, you are not as young as you once were. Gor’tikal has been in the pits for over 25 years now, and the activities of the Gortaraks (these creatures are the Servants of Gor’tikal) have drastically increased the past two years!” Out of nowhere came a sound of sword shattering. The sound was as clear as it could be. The guards were dead. The men took up their weapons, making ready to fight. They heard the sound of something smashing against the door.
The strange man had made a turn towards the War Academy. From behind you could clearly see that he was hiding something behind his robe. The rain had started to fall; the drops were as cold as water in the winter. The man felt a strange feeling in his back as a rain drop hit his neck. His back started shivering, because of the cold rain. “Hold! Who are thee, stranger!?” the guard looked at the man with eyes as dark as the night sky. “I am the one your masters are waiting for.” Answered the man, his voice was as deep as a man’s voice could become. “And tell them that I have what they were expecting.” The guard started running towards the Academy’s main entrance. He stopped, and said what the stranger had said to the messenger at the door. “You may enter, but be careful. The Academy has become a dangerous place since the last attack.” The man got a shock as the smell of blood hit him at the entrance. “I smell Blood! Someone or something is bleeding! It comes from over there!” The man pointed towards the kitchen. The guard replied with these words: “The dinner of today was meatloaf. That’s why you smell Blood. And the masters are awaiting you at the top floor.”
Meanwhile, in the king’s castle.
*Clash* The swords were shattering against each other, the attack was totally unexpected. Fertol lifted up his sword and swung it at the opponent. So far had 20 of the enemy’s men died, and only 2 of the Knights. The royal guards had come to aid the King and the Knights in the fight against the attacking Karkans.

Last edited:
Level 36
I am original from norway so I was affraid it sucked:D

I am Norwegian myself, and that is no reason for not being good in english, not counting the good English education we have in Norway, and the fact that Norwegians (old people excluded) do in general speak extremely good english.

Now, lets get onto your prologue, as it needs some help:

In the city Gerodian no man woman was out, no children and no dogs.

This sentence have some gramatical errors, and some reader friendly faults, it should've been corrected to something like: "In the city of Gerodian no man, woman or child was outdoors." Why you added "dog" to that list is beond me, why didnt you add kittens, horses and monkeys as well? <.<

The streets were silence, just like it was sleeping.

IE: The streets were silent like the very death itself. (an object doesnt "sleep" thus it would sound foolish to use such a word in this occation.)

And the list rather goes on and on about the gramatical errors and uninteresting short sentences. You should focus mostly on correcting these mistakes, I will NOT point out every last one of them. You should also try reading the story and ask yourself if you feel entertained when reading it, if you dont, then you should find ways of improving its interest basis.

Hope this can be of some help to improving your text.

Level 9
nice. Imagination of stories landscape, characters and co. is very important. this text has the ability to make the readers imagine the flow of the story. I love book were you just close your eyes ( well not meant as I said though ) and you are able to see, as told in your little story there, the sky, the street, this guy who is falling from the sky, the king and his fellowship ... and finally I felt the cold rain drops.
Dude, this text gots a lot of potential! Work on it! NOW! :p
Last point; +rep! ;D

Keep it up. If I see a book in a few years, maybe called; Cronicles of Artor'Kisa, I gotta buy this instantly! ;D
Once more, good luck and keep it up, dude.

Level 10
nice. Imagination of stories landscape, characters and co. is very important. this text has the ability to make the readers imagine the flow of the story. I love book were you just close your eyes ( well not meant as I said though ) and you are able to see, as told in your little story there, the sky, the street, this guy who is falling from the sky, the king and his fellowship ... and finally I felt the cold rain drops.
Dude, this text gots a lot of potential! Work on it! NOW! :p
Last point; +rep! ;D

Keep it up. If I see a book in a few years, maybe called; Cronicles of Artor'Kisa, I gotta buy this instantly! ;D
Once more, good luck and keep it up, dude.
Its Comments like this that makes my Day:D I can't work on it as instance as now because I am too forgetfull for it.
But I will work on it as soon as I can, since I really enjoy working on it, I allready am working on a Story about a farmer named Thomas, who's life is ripped up appart one day. but I will use some time to finish that. This Story isen't planned to be finished right away, so I will only work on adding new things to it:D When it's done I hope it to be 15-20 pages long?

Level 11
Woow it was true :eek:! my post disappeard... ghooost :eek:
Um... as i said, this is great and i was realy enjoying 'readin it !
You should write a book... or a whole serie.... :)!
I'm stunned ! And durring the time i am... i'll (by misstake) hit the reputation button ! :O
Awwweeeesome ! <3

Level 10
Guess What!? I am adding more to the Story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue from last part:
His back started shivering, because of the cold rain. “Hold! Who are thee, stranger!?” the guard looked at the man with eyes as dark as the night sky. “I am the one your masters are waiting for.” Answered the man, his voice was as deep as a man’s voice could become. “And tell them that I have what they were expecting.” The guard started running towards the Academy’s main entrance. He stopped, and said what the stranger had said to the messenger at the door. “You may enter, but be careful. The Academy has become a dangerous place since the last attack.” The man got a shock as the smell of blood hit him at the entrance. “I smell Blood! Someone or something is bleeding! It comes from over there!” The man pointed towards the kitchen. The guard replied with these words: “The dinner of today was meatloaf. That’s why you smell Blood. And the masters are awaiting you at the top floor.”
Meanwhile, in the king’s castle.
*Clash* The swords were shattering against each other, the attack was totally unexpected. Fertol lifted up his sword and swung it at the opponent. So far had 20 of the enemy’s men died, and only 2 of the Knights. The royal guards had come to aid the King and the Knights in the fight against the attacking Karkans.

Level 7
Well... I think it's pretty good. Just I think I miss understood something in the storyline...
I thought that the man that was carrying something in his robe was the one who killed the Knights... I Was wrong.
Overall can't wait to come and see more of this masterpiece! I really hope not to wait so long as I was waiting for this in quite some time. DESERVES REP+++

Level 10
Well... I think it's pretty good. Just I think I miss understood something in the storyline...
I thought that the man that was carrying something in his robe was the one who killed the Knights... I Was wrong.
Overall can't wait to come and see more of this masterpiece! I really hope not to wait so long as I was waiting for this in quite some time. DESERVES REP+++

Yea You did misunderstood... cause the Attack is in the same time as he walks up the streets. I think I wrote Meanwhile at the begining of the Attack part.... I hope I did:D
Edit: Whoops:D seems like I dident:D Well... I hope you guys get that its the same time atleast...

Level 20
There will be more for sure... but I am really bussy with school/I am too bored to write/ I am out of Inspiration. Its one of those three.... But! I will try to write more later this week/month:)

Isn't it just?! :xxd:

Except the inspiration one, I usually find I have too much, I never finish anything because I convince myself another idea is better, it's awfully frustrating :ugly:

I know how you feel, it's something that has to 'click' :sad:

Level 10
Isn't it just?! :xxd:

Except the inspiration one, I usually find I have too much, I never finish anything because I convince myself another idea is better, it's awfully frustrating :ugly:

I know how you feel, it's something that has to 'click' :sad:

Well...
I also have too much inspiration... and shall I tell you a thing thats pretty pathetic? I have started to belive that Artor'kisa is a real place....
but the biggest problem of mine is that I tell myself its shit since we learn how to make a moment bigger.

Level 20
Well...
I also have too much inspiration... and shall I tell you a thing thats pretty pathetic? I have started to belive that Artor'kisa is a real place....
but the biggest problem of mine is that I tell myself its shit since we learn how to make a moment bigger.

Wow dude... you need help :con:

Seriously.

:razz: I'm just messing with you, although I wouldn't go parading around in public shouting that, hehe... but that's good it means what your writing is believable (to you at least).

Level 10
Wow dude... you need help :con:

Seriously.

:razz: I'm just messing with you, although I wouldn't go parading around in public shouting that, hehe... but that's good it means what your writing is believable (to you at least).

Its not a really good thing... But for my writing it is, but in real life this might mess me up(It wont, because I'm allready messed up:D) My intention with this Story/Fantasy Land is that I want something that is Beliveble... eventhough an evil dark lord locked up in a vulcano isent that realistic, but I belive it gets out an idea of him beeing locked inside some burning hell:) I don't know where this story will end up, and I hope it ends up in a good place.

Level 10
Plan it out, always helps ;). Doesn't have to be complex crap like they teach you in school, just jot down ideas, quotes, lines, names or even words that might help you in anyway.

Not saying the 'complex crap' doesn't work, it's just not for everyone.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...pt-creation-291/idea-behind-my-prolog-156323/
Its teh Ideas I wrote down with Names and Races, and alos Race Bios... Character Bios and Alot more... But I need an Idea of the outcome of the History, and what happend in the past(The Prologe)

Level 20
Wow looks good, wish someone would do something different with elves though... there becoming such a cliché...

Good with magic, immortal, amazing archers ,super fast, quite weak (or a selection of these). Don't get me wrong I love elves (I just get so sick of them... like chocolate after too eating too much xD) and i'm not ranting at you, your last race is unique though (seemingly so, no description yet), I like that!

If your looking to do more like that I suggest you take a look at the 'Shadows of the Apt' books by Adrian Tchaikovsky, proof that something truly unique and fresh can still be created even though we say 'it's all been done before'.

:) Good luck with this anyway, stick with it!

Level 10
Wow looks good, wish someone would do something different with elves though... there becoming such a cliché...

Good with magic, immortal, amazing archers ,super fast, quite weak (or a selection of these). Don't get me wrong I love elves (I just get so sick of them... like chocolate after too eating too much xD) and i'm not ranting at you, your last race is unique though (seemingly so, no description yet), I like that!

If your looking to do more like that I suggest you take a look at the 'Shadows of the Apt' books by Adrian Tchaikovsky, proof that something truly unique and fresh can still be created even though we say 'it's all been done before'.

:) Good luck with this anyway, stick with it!

well.. I agree with the elves.(Unless the read is a 5 year old kid who thinks elves are santas helpers) I can try redoing them to become something more unique, and it wont even effect the story since the elves arent there yet:)
I hope people will enjoy reading the result it becomes when its finished. I myself is actually abit proud of the work, since it seems like people enjoy it:)

Level 7
Last part: 03-23-2010, 04:06 PM.
F***! That was 2 months ago. Cool that I had a little break off from THW. I had hoped that you added something in that time. Hmm... Well, better something good done slow, than something bad done fast. Hmm... I think I should change my catchphrase.
Mine before was: "Better the worst among the best, than the best among the worst."
Hey, I think I'm pretty good with these catchphrases, Don'tcha think? :xxd:

Oh, and one more thing... I recommend you to read other people's masterpieces. One day, my teacher told me to "steal the details from artists" (don't know how to pronounce "Kradi cake od drugih slikara".

Level 10
Last part: 03-23-2010, 04:06 PM.
F***! That was 2 months ago. Cool that I had a little break off from THW. I had hoped that you added something in that time. Hmm... Well, better something good done slow, than something bad done fast. Hmm... I think I should change my catchphrase.
Mine before was: "Better the worst among the best, than the best among the worst."
Hey, I think I'm pretty good with these catchphrases, Don'tcha think? :xxd:

Oh, and one more thing... I recommend you to read other people's masterpieces. One day, my teacher told me to "steal the details from artists" (don't know how to pronounce "Kradi cake od drugih slikara".

Well... Heard of SchooL? Heard of BIG tests? + I have to feel like working to be avable to work, aint that right? Cause a work that you don't feel like doing is a work no one will like. Anyways, I'll try to do more on it later but for now I will just write small and small and small until I feel like I can upload more.

Level 7
Well... Heard of SchooL? Heard of BIG tests? + I have to feel like working to be avable to work, aint that right? Cause a work that you don't feel like doing is a work no one will like. Anyways, I'll try to do more on it later but for now I will just write small and small and small until I feel like I can upload more.

Well, the big tests of school for me have passed (Fuck, I Had like 10 test the last week (five days of school) And I'm not kidding). I started my own "Text" yesterday, I had a brilliant idea. I wrote like 2 sites of inspiration, it was so cool. Firstly i wrote the storyline on like 4 papers.
-It was like some guy died of a unknown cause, but doesn't get to heaven or hell, but gets trapped between the dimensions. He can't proceed until he finds out how he died. Ne never finds out how he died. Some years later, eventually his brother starts researching how his older brother died. HE finds out that he has supernatural powers, and can comunicate with others from the parallel dimension. He finds out how his brother died, Ressurects him, Only to find out that one day in the parallel dimension counts like 1 year in the normal one. His brother dies from his age, and the young one goes to the mental hospital, 'cause he's claiming he ressurected his brother and has some supernatural powers of talking to the persons from the other world. And, that's the story.

I began writing, It was like A masterpiece, but eventually i started getting bored. I deleted all that what I have written, and just went to bed. Inspiration doesn't last long, but use it when you have it. Now i'm like why did I delete it? Well... who cares? I'll start over eventually.

Level 10
Well, the big tests of school for me have passed (Fuck, I Had like 10 test the last week (five days of school) And I'm not kidding). I started my own "Text" yesterday, I had a brilliant idea. I wrote like 2 sites of inspiration, it was so cool. Firstly i wrote the storyline on like 4 papers.
-It was like some guy died of a unknown cause, but doesn't get to heaven or hell, but gets trapped between the dimensions. He can't proceed until he finds out how he died. Ne never finds out how he died. Some years later, eventually his brother starts researching how his older brother died. HE finds out that he has supernatural powers, and can comunicate with others from the parallel dimension. He finds out how his brother died, Ressurects him, Only to find out that one day in the parallel dimension counts like 1 year in the normal one. His brother dies from his age, and the young one goes to the mental hospital, 'cause he's claiming he ressurected his brother and has some supernatural powers of talking to the persons from the other world. And, that's the story.

I began writing, It was like A masterpiece, but eventually i started getting bored. I deleted all that what I have written, and just went to bed. Inspiration doesn't last long, but use it when you have it. Now i'm like why did I delete it? Well... who cares? I'll start over eventually.

Well lucky you with the big tests over with. And Inspiraton comes and goes, and if you don't have inspiration while working its sadly doomed to be a failure in the end. Just look at J.R.R tolkiens pieces. He wrote The Hobbit and all the LotR books finished, but he started working on Silmarillion in 1904 or 1914 or something close to that. And he never finished it because he died before he could. And Silmarillion is a great piece, I am reading it now a days and its one of the best books I've read, and I havent read that many books TBH.

Level 7
Well lucky you with the big tests over with. And Inspiraton comes and goes, and if you don't have inspiration while working its sadly doomed to be a failure in the end. Just look at J.R.R tolkiens pieces. He wrote The Hobbit and all the LotR books finished, but he started working on Silmarillion in 1904 or 1914 or something close to that. And he never finished it because he died before he could. And Silmarillion is a great piece, I am reading it now a days and its one of the best books I've read, and I havent read that many books TBH.

dude. I just want to let you know... IT's been about 4 or 5 months. Did you add something to the prologue?

Level 10
Not really... I began woring on Chapter 1 for about thrirty minutes, but I've been quite bussy, + I couldn't write in the summer cause of family vication, but I'll try to do something about it later..... But we'll just have to see what happens next...

Status
Not open for further replies.